• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New meeting place and day next month for the Northwest Chapter of LOCAL!

HeroHog

The July meeting for the Northwest Chapter will be held at Tiger Bites at 6:30 PM as discussed at the last meeting. Because the 1st Wednesday falls on Independence Day, we decided to push the meeting back a week to the 11th so as not to interfere with anyone's plans for the 4th.

Carry IS allowed here, both concealed and Open Carry and you may carry or not as you choose. While this is a LOCAL event, you do NOT have to be a LOCAL member to attend. If you don't support Open Carry, that is fine too but we ask that you please respect those who do.

Speedy Mercer
President, Northwest Chapter of LOCAL (Louisiana Open Carry Awareness League)
Shreveport, LA

Last edited:

HeroHog

Tiger Bites is JUST down Youree from the IHOP where we have been meeting. It is in the very next strip on the Right after the IHOP on the right. As soon as you cross that little creek/ditch bridge on Youree after IHOP, turn in the very next entry and then right into the parking lot. Tiger Bites is at the end of that small strip of buildings there.

Tiger Bites
8510 Youree Drive
Shreveport, LA 71115
http://www.eatattigerbites.com/
318-797-4051

S

sbogo

I've posted here in the past but haven't been on in a while.

I will be retiring from the Army in a month or so and may be interested in getting involved in the OC scene. I typically CC but am all about OC as well. When and where is the next event in the Shreveport area taking place?

Last edited:

HeroHog

We meet the 1st Wednesday of each month at Tiger Bites across from LSUS at 8510 Youree Drive, Shreveport, LA 71115. That will be on the 1st this coming month and we would love to have you there!

S

sbogo

We meet the 1st Wednesday of each month at Tiger Bites across from LSUS at 8510 Youree Drive, Shreveport, LA 71115. That will be on the 1st this coming month and we would love to have you there!

I know where it is at, I use to live right down the road off of Stratmore in those townhouses when I was recruiting for the Army in Bossier City. I am going up to Shreveport to continue looking for a house next week but not sure when I will be able to get away from Fort Polk. What time do you usually meet at Tiger Bites?

HeroHog

The meeting starts at 6:30 PM.

Do you know Sgt Rick Mercer? He is an Airborn Ranger Morterman stationed at Polk. He's my nephew.

Last edited:
S

sbogo

The meeting starts at 6:30 PM.

Do you know Sgt Rick Mercer? He is an Airborn Ranger Morterman stationed at Polk. He's my nephew.

I don't know your nephew. I didn't make it up to Shreveport wither since I got stuck dealing with my medical issues. I will probably be stuck next month as well but out of the Army by October so I can try then to attend one of your meetings. I see you like Bodcau, when I recruited in Bossier City I used that range quite often. One of the best ranges I have been and it's free, can't beat that. I actually had a tracer round in my FAL and started a fire there on my first shot. They were really cool about it though and I felt horrible since I delayed everyone's shooting.

What is a typical meeting usually consist of?

HeroHog

What is a typical meeting usually consist of?
We usually have an informative discussion about something Open Carry / Gun related and deal with any organization issues (posting flyers/tri-folds etc) and then have Q&A / open discussion. We end the official meeting and usually hang around a little just chewing the fat for those that want to. It is low key and doesn't take up but an hour or so of one's time.

Last edited: