• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Conceal carry council member to push anti gun agenda.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
I am aware of his record and those statements, however, he has never signed any kind of a firearms ban at all as an executive, even when his party had control over the legislature. That bodes well for him not doing so.

On the other hand, we know for sure that Romney likes to ban/regulate guns because he DID sign a bill into law when he was governor in MASS.

Big difference.

No difference, Romney does not have any authority to sign any national ban. First straw man argument.

O never had an opportunity to sign a ban the 2 years his party had control of both houses, so you can't give him credit for something that he choose not to do, because it simply does not exist. This is called a straw man argument.

Political winds have changed recently... are you saying that O won't sign any gun ban/regulation if one makes it to the desk of the President?

Alpine

In my opinion, it's not really a straw man because the alternative to the current POTUS has signed gun bans voluntarily, while the sitting POTUS has never done so. If the voting percentage had been off by even a small amount things could have been much different.

Also, the President can introduce bills and send them to Congress by having a Rep or Senator sponsor one for them, it happens all the time. I'm pretty sure there's enough anti-firearmm reps and sens out there that if Obama had wanted one he could have easily gotten one through Congress.

In light of the recent massacre, I think RINO Romney would have signed a much more further-reaching gun ban and done it faster to have the appearances of "bi-partisanship" and in trade to get his tax agendas passed than any we might wind up with, if we wind up with any at all. That's the danger with RINOs, they are quick to put up all kinds of liberal social issues in trade/sacrifice as a way of getting their true agendas passed.

Like I said above, Gary Johnson would have been the best of the 3, but as far as putting gun bans into place Romney was the worst.

Last edited:

LkWd_Don

I am aware of his record and those statements, however, he has never signed any kind of a firearms ban at all as an executive, even when his party had control over the legislature. That bodes well for him not doing so.

On the other hand, we know for sure that Romney likes to ban/regulate guns because he DID sign a bill into law when he was governor in MASS.

Big difference.

Interesting, so what would you call his prohibiting American Made historic Rifles from returning to American Soil?

A Ban is a Ban.. and Obama has signed Firearms Bans when he banned the M1 Garand and Carbine from re-importation back to their Country of Origin.

President Obama bans M1 Garand and Carbine rifles http://takebackbergenfield.com/did-...dent-obama-bans-m1-garand-and-carbine-rifles/

Obama Bans over 100,000 rifles http://www.volokh.com/2010/08/18/obama-bans-over-100000-rifles/

Obama prohibits M1 Garand from returning to US http://www.sodahead.com/united-states/obama-prohibits-m1-garand-gun-returned-to-us/question-1889953/

Alpine

Interesting, so what would you call his prohibiting American Made historic Rifles from returning to American Soil?

A Ban is a Ban.. and Obama has signed Firearms Bans when he banned the M1 Garand and Carbine from re-importation back to their Country of Origin.

President Obama bans M1 Garand and Carbine rifles http://takebackbergenfield.com/did-...dent-obama-bans-m1-garand-and-carbine-rifles/

Obama Bans over 100,000 rifles http://www.volokh.com/2010/08/18/obama-bans-over-100000-rifles/

Obama prohibits M1 Garand from returning to US http://www.sodahead.com/united-states/obama-prohibits-m1-garand-gun-returned-to-us/question-1889953/

I did not know about those, thanks for the link. I think it's really quite bizarre that Obama would ban this batch of antique rifles but leave much more powerful and higher-capacity modern rifles legal. It doesn't make much sense. Maybe this was a political thing to snub South Korea? Or maybe they thought the guns were so old they really WOULD cause accidents? I have no idea. I am fairly sure there are many more powerful rifles you can legally buy today than this, so it strikes me as quite weird. Unless I am wrong and those rifles are more powerful than anything a civilian can buy right now anywhere in the US?

Give it a rest EMN. That's what happen when you back RINOs. I voted for Rossi and we all know he came closer to winning than McKenna by a longshot. In fact, Rossi actually DID win until Gargoyle stole it. Even Kirby Wilbur has accepted the fact that going with the RINO McKenna lead to reduced turnout in many of the rural counties. If they had gone with Rossi or a real conservative they would have beaten Inslee, and I would have voted for Rossi again.

EMNofSeattle

Oh so how come Clint Didier has never won? or why didn't Michael Baumgarter win?

A "real conservative" (a scary thought indeed) will never win in Washington in a statewide office, not unless king county is kicked out of the state. far more people live in the west then the east. you're making things up.

Alpine

Rossi DID win, he just got screwed by ridiculous legal action in the courts. Next time the state GOP needs a better legal team.

LkWd_Don

I did not know about those, thanks for the link. I think it's really quite bizarre that Obama would ban this batch of antique rifles but leave much more powerful and higher-capacity modern rifles legal. It doesn't make much sense. Maybe this was a political thing to snub South Korea? Or maybe they thought the guns were so old they really WOULD cause accidents? I have no idea. I am fairly sure there are many more powerful rifles you can legally buy today than this, so it strikes me as quite weird. Unless I am wrong and those rifles are more powerful than anything a civilian can buy right now anywhere in the US?

Give it a rest EMN. That's what happen when you back RINOs. I voted for Rossi and we all know he came closer to winning than McKenna by a longshot. In fact, Rossi actually DID win until Gargoyle stole it. Even Kirby Wilbur has accepted the fact that going with the RINO McKenna lead to reduced turnout in many of the rural counties. If they had gone with Rossi or a real conservative they would have beaten Inslee, and I would have voted for Rossi again.

Call it convince. All three of those links were to the same incident just so you know, but it was three different views of the same occurrence. That was an opportunity that he just could not pass up. He has been Anti-Gun at least as long as he had started living/working in Chicago, but being the good con-artist he is, he was not about to lose-out on the Gun-Lobby votes when he ran for President or reelection.

Last edited: