• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The wife wanted a pink S&W, well, I got her one.

Hevymetal

After getting my wife's 1st anniversary present (S&W 637ct .38) replaced due to an ammo failure last year.

See this thread for the long story:

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?103378-My-new-S-amp-W-637-died-after-3-rounds-(

I finally got it Diamondcoated for her for our 2nd anniversary this year. Thought I would share the pics for those interested.

http://www.rencomp.com/sw/swIMAG0252.jpg

http://www.rencomp.com/sw/swIMAG0254.jpg

Yes I know it's pink. That's what she wanted. It put a huge smile on her face when she first saw it refinished. "Now that's a gun I wanna Open Carry" was her response :) It brought a slight tear to my eye hearing her say that (Don't revoke my man card).

Any activity that brings my wife and I closer together has my seal of approval. It's an even bigger bonus when that activity involves the lawful use of firearms. Noting that before we started dating she had never handled a firearm.

I still may get her a hello kitty logo for the grips on it.

And no, this isn't all she's getting. We are going to Hawaii for our anniversary too

Steeler-gal

I've seen pink guns before but I think this is the first BubbleYum pink I've ever seen.
Glad you got her what she wanted.

==========================================
NRA Certified Instructor & Range Safety Officer
Teaching classes in Lorton VA & Springfield VA
PM me if you need a class, RSO or safety briefing

Jamesm760

I would OC it... Nothing wrong with pink.. just a color,

congrats on your anniversary though... and thats a pretty cool present to get for someone,

joanie

I had to take 3 spoonfulls of Pepto Bismo after looking at the picture of your wife's gun. lol, really though, if thats what she likes, who's to say? If I get time, I'll take pictures of my pair of S&W model 36s Blued revolvers with pink grips. This pair of 5 shooters have the 3 inch barrels. I still need to find holsters that will compliment them, thinking light tan leather to offset the blued finish and pink grips. Alos leaning tward drop holsters, or holsters with alittle drop to make drawing them easier, and I think they will show better than up on the waist.

I'll see if I can get pictures up though. Show these to your wife and see if she would prefer pink grips on a blued gun, or pair of guns.

WalkingWolf

I had to take 3 spoonfulls of Pepto Bismo after looking at the picture of your wife's gun. lol, really though, if thats what she likes, who's to say? If I get time, I'll take pictures of my pair of S&W model 36s Blued revolvers with pink grips. This pair of 5 shooters have the 3 inch barrels. I still need to find holsters that will compliment them, thinking light tan leather to offset the blued finish and pink grips. Alos leaning tward drop holsters, or holsters with alittle drop to make drawing them easier, and I think they will show better than up on the waist.

I'll see if I can get pictures up though. Show these to your wife and see if she would prefer pink grips on a blued gun, or pair of guns.

I showed the pics to my wife and her remark was "ewwwwww" but then she is not the one carrying the revolver. She is not much of a pink person, she does like shiny stainless and bone handles.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Looks great, especially if she likes it.

But, they did the inside of the barrel?

Looks like the masked the chambers; why not the barrel?

beebobby

It would have an extra deterrent effect. What bad guy would want to admit that he had been shot with a pink gun?

Hevymetal

It would have an extra deterrent effect. What bad guy would want to admit that he had been shot with a pink gun?

LOL, I told her if she ever had to use it 1 of 2 things would happen. 1 The crook will run away in fear or 2 the crook will lay down and curl into a ball from laughing so hard at her pink gun. Either way she wins :)