• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Zimmerman trial - more hijinks ! Now DA asks for 3rd degree - after trial has ended

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Something fishy here. I heard about this child-abuse charge in the media or something two days ago. Yet, the date line on the linked article is today.

nobama

They are not going to stop until they find a way to found this guy guilty. It is a disgrace.

It is a disgrace. I will tell you all one thing. If the person who was shot was a white person I guarentee none of this would be going on so please tell me who the REAL racists are. Thank you al sharpton, barack obama and jes jackson. POS!!

eye95

Meh. The shooting is not a crime if it was self-defense. It is not murder. It is not manslaughter. It is not child abuse. In order for Z to be found guilty of any of these potential crimes arising out of the shooting, the jury must find that he was NOT acting in self-defense.

The self-defense question is the only question that matters. If that question is settled according to the facts, Z is acquitted of any and all crimes related to the shooting itself, parking tickets and carry issues aside.

Ca Patriot

what was up with the judge demanding the Zimmerman answer her question yesterday ? that was just bizarre !! I have never seen anything like that before and I have serious concerns about the constitutionality of it.

wardtom084

what was up with the judge demanding the Zimmerman answer her question yesterday ? that was just bizarre !! I have never seen anything like that before and I have serious concerns about the constitutionality of it.

I agree. Any questions directed to Zimmerman should have been answered only by his lawyer. Zimmerman does not have to say a word.

JoeSparky

Centurion
IF this INTERROGATION of Mr. Zimmerman by the Judge was done in the presence of the Jury I would think that a judicial misconduct investigation as a minimum should occur will severe penalties against the judge.

If the jury was not present, it STILL suggests that the Judge does not feel that the attorneys representing Mr. Zimmerman are adequately doing their job---- which they were in fact doing or trying to based on their objections to the judge's behavior.

Mixael

As I have done all along, I withhold my personal guilty/not guilty belief. Having said that, should Z be found guilty, I would be willing to bet real money on any conviction being overturned on appeal, or at the very least a new trial ordered. Of course, I can always be wrong.

I watched only a small part of the drama..I mean trial, but if what I read in the linked article is factual, there are some SERIOUS issues to bring up on appeal. Okay, back to the regularly scheduled forum stuff.

eye95

The prosecution must prove that it was NOT self-defense for it to be manslaughter. The hurdle to get a verdict for manslaughter is just as high as the one to get a verdict of murder.

There is one and only one question in this case. Was it self-defense? The burden to prove it wasn't is on the prosecution. (As opposed to most States where self-defense is an affirmative defense.)

WalkingWolf

But~but~but, TM was a child~~~~the humanity!

Keep in mind though in Florida at the age of 16 minors have the ability to consent to some very adult decisions.

Last edited:

mpguy

Re: Zimmerman trial - more hijinks ! or 3rd degree - after trial has ended

I still say they will find something to pin on him. This is far from over.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

backupid

Self defence? ok, follow a person, watching them as if they were a lowlife criminal, until they get so frustrated that they try to put a stop to the stalking, then shoot them dead and walk free. How dare the kid not want to be treated like a lowlife criminal. Shoot anybody who don't think they are scum and don't think they deserve to be harrassed.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Self defence? ok, follow a person, watching them as if they were a lowlife criminal, until they get so frustrated that they try to put a stop to the stalking, then shoot them dead and walk free. How dare the kid not want to be treated like a lowlife criminal. Shoot anybody who don't think they are scum and don't think they deserve to be harrassed.

Now now now ... nothing wrong with someone following you .. don't want to be followed? Stay inside.