• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Zimmerman bond - no guns

cirrusly

George Zimmerman was freed on bail Tuesday in connection with a domestic dispute involving his girlfriend, but a judge barred him from having guns or leaving the state.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...man-court-hearing-choking-girlfriend/3642177/

If these allegations are true, obviously his actions are unlawful and he should be prosecuted to the fullest extent. Regardless- this poor guy. He is $2.5M in debt, his wife left him, and it sounds like his new girlfriend wasn't going to stick around either. Although he did not serve a sentence for the Treyvvon Martin case, the publicity and legal fees have crippled him.

It's a shame he is not trying to rebrand himself, such as writing a book on his accounts, or appearing on talk shows. In most every situation "any publicity can be good publicity." He just needs to take some initiative to transform that publicity to a positive light. It could result in revenues to dig out of the debt and gain some public acceptance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

EMNofSeattle

If these allegations are true, obviously his actions are unlawful and he should be prosecuted to the fullest extent. Regardless- this poor guy. He is $2.5M in debt, his wife left him, and it sounds like his new girlfriend wasn't going to stick around either. Although he did not serve a sentence for the Treyvvon Martin case, the publicity and legal fees have crippled him.

It's a shame he is not trying to rebrand himself, such as writing a book on his accounts, or appearing on talk shows. In most every situation "any publicity can be good publicity." He just needs to take some initiative to transform that publicity to a positive light. It could result in revenues to dig out of the debt and gain some public acceptance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not pointing shotguns at the girlfriend also helps when rebranding

Black_water

None of us can imagine the discombobulation this guy has gone through. Then add that the media wants to vindicate the assault it did on him and is looking for a "I told you so" moment(s).

The guy needs to move to a different country, get his crap together and stick to hookers.

BrianB

He should just stay in jail. He's safer in a private cell than he is in the wild with no guns.

WalkingWolf

He seems to have OJ syndrome. Yes he was found not guilty, but the trama of going through not only the event but the crucifixion would scar anyone. At this point I am not sure that he is guilty of the new charges, taking a persons guns if they are violent is a joke. Guns are easy to get.

He should indeed go to another country, write a book, then return after his ducks are in a row. But now he can't leave the state of Florida.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Not pointing shotguns at the girlfriend also helps when rebranding

Filed this in my "under consideration" file lol

Never point a gun at anyone ... unless you shoot of course...

The worse part: being stuck in Florida ... ahhhhhh !

Hope he can make mardis gras .... 4th March this year ...