• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Shreveport LOCAL Meet & Greet 5/2

HeroHog

Shreveport LOCAL Meet & Greet

Flyer in PDF format: http://nwlocal.us/Shreveport_Meet_&_Greet_201205.pdf

There will be a LOCAL (Louisiana Open Carry Awareness League) get together at the Shreveport, LA IHOP at 8010 Youree Dr. at 6:30 PM on May 2nd for any and all interested area people. Carry IS allowed here, both concealed and Open Carry and you may carry or not as you choose. While this is a LOCAL event, you do NOT have to be a LOCAL member to attend. If you don't support Open Carry, that is fine too but we ask that you please respect those who do. We are all together in the support of gun rights guys and we either stand united or we fall and fail.

This is an important meeting as we will elect officers for the new NWLOCAL chapter if we have enough paid members in attendance and we will be discussing School Zones!

You do NOT have to be a member to attend!

IHOP #1475
8010 Youree Drive
SHREVEPORT, LA 71115-2324
318-798-0799

The mission of the Louisiana Open Carry Awareness League (LOCAL) is to support, defend and promote the fact that the open carry of firearms is a legal choice in Louisiana. We seek to accomplish this goal by educating the public about the legality of open carry in Louisiana, through the existence of the website itself, by producing and distributing literature, organizing open carry awareness campaigns & events, and by actively petitioning our representatives and legislators.

Additionally, we seek to be a conduit for personal involvement by interested citizens and strongly promote and encourage citizens to become active in their communities, as well as in state-level politics. Another tool to help accomplish this mission is our web forum, within which citizens can discuss all aspects of their right to open carry.

Last edited:

HeroHog

AGENDA
NWLOCAL Monthly Meeting
5/2/2012, Shreveport, LA, Youree IHOP

1. 6:30 PM Opening.
2. 6:35 PM Announcements and Fellowship/Food.
3. 6:45 PM Officer Elections.
4. 7:00 PM School Zones – The Big Gotcha.
5. 7:30 PM Open Discussion / Q&A.
6. 7:40 PM Any other business.
7. 7:45 PM Adjournment.

http://nwlocal.us/agenda_120502.pdf

KBCraig

I'll be off, so I might make that one.

Cost of dues? I'm not a Louisiana resident, but I want to support the organization.

I put the meeting flyer on the bulletin board at the Texarkana Gander Mtn.

HeroHog

BUMP

Shreveport LOCAL Meet & Greet

Flyer in PDF format: http://nwlocal.us/Shreveport_Meet_&_Greet_201205.pdf

There will be a LOCAL (Louisiana Open Carry Awareness League) get together at the Shreveport, LA IHOP at 8010 Youree Dr. at 6:30 PM on May 2nd for any and all interested area people. Carry IS allowed here, both concealed and Open Carry and you may carry or not as you choose. While this is a LOCAL event, you do NOT have to be a LOCAL member to attend. If you don't support Open Carry, that is fine too but we ask that you please respect those who do. We are all together in the support of gun rights guys and we either stand united or we fall and fail.

This is an important meeting as we will elect officers for the new NWLOCAL chapter if we have enough paid members in attendance and we will be discussing School Zones!

IHOP #1475
8010 Youree Drive
SHREVEPORT, LA 71115-2324
318-798-0799

The mission of the Louisiana Open Carry Awareness League (LOCAL) is to support, defend and promote the fact that the open carry of firearms is a legal choice in Louisiana. We seek to accomplish this goal by educating the public about the legality of open carry in Louisiana, through the existence of the website itself, by producing and distributing literature, organizing open carry awareness campaigns & events, and by actively petitioning our representatives and legislators.

Additionally, we seek to be a conduit for personal involvement by interested citizens and strongly promote and encourage citizens to become active in their communities, as well as in state-level politics. Another tool to help accomplish this mission is our web forum, within which citizens can discuss all aspects of their right to open carry.

AGENDA
NWLOCAL Monthly Meeting
5/2/2012, Shreveport, LA, Youree IHOP

1. 6:30 PM Opening.
2. 6:35 PM Announcements and Fellowship/Food.
3. 6:45 PM Officer Elections.
4. 7:00 PM School Zones – The Big Gotcha.
5. 7:30 PM Open Discussion / Q&A.
6. 7:40 PM Any other business.
7. 7:45 PM Adjournment.

http://nwlocal.us/agenda_120502.pdf

KBCraig

Blast it, I forgot all about it! I'm on vacation, but I did have to go into work yesterday for a special event, then promptly forgot about going to Shreveport.

How'd it go?

HeroHog

Yesterday evening's meeting had enough paid members in attendance and enough acting officers to form a quorum and vote on officers for the new Chapter. The Northwest Chapter of Louisiana Open Carry Awareness League should be comprised of all Parishes, Cities and/or communities located within the State of Louisiana which are located on the eastern side of the Texas boarder to Highway 167 and from the Northern LA border South to an imaginary East/West line through, and including, Natchitoches, LA. Residents of this region shall be considered members of the Northwest La Chapter upon joining the League.
Ruston may move to any chapter formed in the Monroe area once one is formed there and Natchitoches may do the same only to a Central/Alexandria Chapter as those are both closer major cities to those areas.

The officers are:
President: Alfred "Speedy" Mercer (herohog)
VP: Herbert "Butch" Veillion (ukant_cme)
Secretary/Treasurer: Chuck Terrell (chuckt)

We discussed School zones and the laws pertaining to them as well as ways to map out areas you may be in so that you are aware of what is in that area and if it might be an issue for you.

A future get together at the Bodcau WMA for an informal shoot/meet was discussed and tabled for future discussion and arranging of times etc..

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Congratulations - the perseverance is bearing fruit.

BTW - Ask Skidmark about his new SMV .

HeroHog

SMV = Soccer Mom Vehicle, complete with articulated arm and off-road chair. Note soccer mom is optional and not included.

I want to be there for his first security screening. :lol:

Can a Ma Duce be added/attached to the articulated arm perhaps? :p