• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Where Did You Carry Today And How Did It Go

Festus_Hagen

Ya i know this was my first time ever having a problem in columbia. ive carried to all three walmarts, all three hyvees, cost cutters different gastations, Benards, pawn shops, fast food, restaurants i mean everywere!! and this was the only place and the weird thing about out it its the place im at a lot.
Do you by chance have a Facebook account ?

Festus_Hagen

I do not as i see facebook as a pot of drama lol, my personal opinion. I seen a post you posted about OC events, is there any near my area?

Thanks,
Bryan
:lol: It is a pot of drama sometimes...haha. We have a Central Mo. open carry site is why I was askin' .

At this time we don't have anything scheduled, but it sure would be nice to have something in Jeff City or Columbia soon. :)

bp231986

:lol: It is a pot of drama sometimes...haha. We have a Central Mo. open carry site is why I was askin' .

At this time we don't have anything scheduled, but it sure would be nice to have something in Jeff City or Columbia soon. :)

Is there any way i can join with out facebook? Also if you hear off any events would you be so kind to let me know. i tried to message you my email but it says your not receiveing any messages.

Thanks
Bryan

Festus_Hagen

Is there any way i can join with out facebook? Also if you hear off any events would you be so kind to let me know. i tried to message you my email but it says your not receiveing any messages.

Thanks
Bryan

There is really no way to join that group without, since that's where it's at ...lol. We just talk about what we did, where we carried, the current climate and such of OC . I did accept your friend request ( there are too many nuts on here, I don't accept PM's except from friends) , but I will let you know if we do an OC event , would love to have ya there. :)

TheBaldGuy

Long time reader, first time poster.

Figured I'd share some of my experiences in my day to day life OC'ing.

All of my neighbors know I OC, as I have done so for the past 4-5 years here, and many of them generally ask what I carry.
The old lady who lives across from me actually told me she feels better knowing I do so.

As for the local establishments here, I generally get glances or looks.

I was asked not to enter The BP off of old 40 hwy, maybe 2 years ago.
Apparently my OC made the evening attendant scared, so the owner at the time asked me no to come back when I came there the following afternoon.

In day to day life I've been stopped by the local LEO's a few times, since I walk the short distance from my place to the gas station or dollar stores, and have been harassed. The last time I was stopped by one he gave me the riot act over carrying it till I requested a supervisor. Turns out the supervisor was well versed on the laws for OC'ing and promptly sent me on my way once he knew what was happening. (It was a long time ago but I think his name was Sgt. Johnson, or Davidson, can't remember. He was a stand up guy.)

If you have been to Odessa and seen a bald man OC'ing, chances are it was me.

Last edited:

xdmcompact

Anywhere it is not posted you can carry, just remember you might get asked to leave. If they ask you to leave, you need to leave! Most businesses follow state or local laws, only problem with it is employees never know that.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Anywhere it is not posted you can carry, just remember you might get asked to leave. If they ask you to leave, you need to leave! Most businesses follow state or local laws, only problem with it is employees never know that.

To follow state law has always been a misnomer to me in that asking you to leave or prohibiting guns is also "following state law."

IMHO it is better to say that they "honor your rights under state law".

SylntSleepr

Training Classes

Do training classes taken in KS mean anything in MO? I would like to carry in both states since I work in one and live in the other. Also, I don't want to have to be without my firearm at any instance so when applicable, a CCW is a no brainer. My question is, does it matter what state I take any of my training in for it to be recognized in Missouri for CCW or any training for that matter?

kcgunfan

Do training classes taken in KS mean anything in MO? I would like to carry in both states since I work in one and live in the other. Also, I don't want to have to be without my firearm at any instance so when applicable, a CCW is a no brainer. My question is, does it matter what state I take any of my training in for it to be recognized in Missouri for CCW or any training for that matter?

Yes, your County sheriff must approve the trainer.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

HighFlyingA380

I believe neither KS or MO offer a non-resident permit, so you would have to get the one for the state which you live in. According to USACarry's CCW reciprocity map, both states honor the others' permits, so you should be fine with whichever one you get.

Oramac

Thank you for your replies. Any recommendations in the K.C. area? (Missouri side)

I took my class at a range off 70 in Independance. Can't for the life of me remember the name of the range, but it was taught by a guy named Cisco (no joke, and not the rapper). Really good class.

SylntSleepr

I took my class at a range off 70 in Independance. Can't for the life of me remember the name of the range, but it was taught by a guy named Cisco (no joke, and not the rapper). Really good class.

I will look into it, thanks. The only place I know of in Independence is Crossfire/Armsmart, but that doesn't mean it's the only one. Thanks again!

kcgunfan

Again, if you don't like throwing money away, make sure your choice is accepted by your County sheriff by checking with the sheriff. If they are not approved, it's worthless for your CCW endorsement.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2