• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Where Did You Carry Today And How Did It Go

Oramac

I will look into it, thanks. The only place I know of in Independence is Crossfire/Armsmart, but that doesn't mean it's the only one. Thanks again!

Crossfire sounds right. I'm about 95% sure that's it. Come in the front door and the counter is on the right with the range straight back and a few shelves of stuff on the left, IIRC.

SylntSleepr

Crossfire sounds right. I'm about 95% sure that's it. Come in the front door and the counter is on the right with the range straight back and a few shelves of stuff on the left, IIRC.

That would be the one. Only been in there once, pretty good drive for me. Seems Independence has more than one good place to visit so I'll be headed that way soon. Thanks to all who replied, you have been very helpful.

artw1982

OC in Scott City, MO

I open carried for the first time today. I was in Scott City, MO. I called the locals and they confirmed no local law or ordinance against open carry. I got a few "wtf" looks, but no trouble at all.

Cape Girardeau, MO only allows CC. Sikeston allows OC with unloaded only. Kelso has no local law and is unrestricted. Benton is OC friendly as well.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I open carried for the first time today. I was in Scott City, MO. I called the locals and they confirmed no local law or ordinance against open carry. I got a few "wtf" looks, but no trouble at all.

Cape Girardeau, MO only allows CC. Sikeston allows OC with unloaded only. Kelso has no local law and is unrestricted. Benton is OC friendly as well.

Welcome to our world.

Good that you got an honest reply, but it is ill advised to ask local LEA - they won't defend you in court.

Better to research the actual ordinances.

xdmcompact

. Sikeston allows OC with unloaded only.
This from Sullivan Publications who hosts the ordinances for Sikeston Mo. Look at the parts in BOLD!

SECTION 210.250: WEAPONS -- CARRYING CONCEALED -- OTHER UNLAWFUL USE

A. A person commits the offense of unlawful use of weapons if he/she knowingly:

1. Carries concealed upon or about his/her person a knife, a firearm, a blackjack or any other weapon readily capable of lethal use;

2. Sets a spring gun;

3. Discharges or shoots a firearm within the City limits;*

4. Exhibits, in the presence of one (1) or more persons, any weapon readily capable of lethal use in an angry or threatening manner;

5. Has a firearm or projectile weapon readily capable of lethal use on his/her person, while he/she is intoxicated, and handles or otherwise uses such firearm or projectile weapon in either a negligent or unlawful manner or discharges such firearm or projectile weapon unless acting in self defense;

6. Openly carries a firearm or any other weapon readily capable of lethal use within the City limits;

7. Carries a firearm, whether loaded or unloaded, or any other weapon readily capable of lethal use into any school, onto any school bus, or onto the premises of any function or activity sponsored or sanctioned by school officials or the district school board.

D. Subparagraphs (1), (6) and (7) of Subsection (A) of this Section shall not apply to any person who has a valid concealed carry endorsement issued pursuant to Sections 571.101 to 571.121, RSMo., or a valid permit or endorsement to carry concealed firearms issued by another State or political subdivision of another State.

Last edited:

Boba Fett

Today I turned 18. I've been preparing myself for OC for a while now. After we went to the range, me and a friend and her mom dropped by a Dollar General in Springfield, I was OC'ing the Glock 19 my dad gave me as my birthday gift. We were there about 15 minutes, I got a bottle of water and they got some batteries and an SD card. Since I've always been told that the first time OC'ing you would be nervous, I was surprised to find that I wasn't. I felt completely comfortable. Maybe a tad more vigilant that usual, but not nervous.

After that we headed over to Los Vaqueros to eat supper with some friends and OCDO people. Although only one guy from here came, we had a great time! My dad even gave me a cake with a Glock printed on it! haha!

After we stuffed ourselves there, me, my dad, my friend and her mom all headed to Bass Pro since they hadn't been there in over a decade. We walked through every department and were there for about 2 hours. Not a single problem. I guess I was so comfortable I never even noticed any looks.

All in all I had a great day, and plan on OC'ing everywhere I can.

Also, today I received news that a fellow gun enthusiast I used to know was hit with an IED in Afghanistan and is in serious condition. Please pray for him and his wife and 3 kids. It's only because of heroes like him that I can step outside my home without fear.

God bless and carry on!

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
--snip--

Also, today I received news that a fellow gun enthusiast I used to know was hit with an IED in Afghanistan and is in serious condition. Please pray for him and his wife and 3 kids. It's only because of heroes like him that I can step outside my home without fear.

God bless and carry on!

Sorry to hear about your friend. If you can get a message to him tell him how much we appreciate him and are pulling for him. There are too few words..........

opencarryjoel

hhhhhhmmmmmm

LOL... most cops look shocked when I tell them I carry a 357sig Glock 32. Some ask "Why so much firepower?" to which I reply "You have to ask??" :)

I guess I didn't realize that the .357 sig was so much firepower? Thats what I carry all the time! I never felt I was carrying too much!

NG19

Today I carried all day, we went to the Brass Armadillo, all over Lees Summit, and we are currently eating at 54th Street Grill and Bar. Only had one person even ask, and he was excited that people still open carry.

cuban88

Carried as soon as I got done with my guard drilling. Went and did some baby shopping at Walmart in raytown and thought it was kinda funny seeing the same manager pop up in the same places we were. There was even a cop there and not once did I get confronted till I left and a man asked how I managed make it thru the whole store and not get stopped once.

Boba Fett

The other day I stopped by my barber shop for the first time since the old owners moved to Florida :cry:

But in any case, they have two new dudes who are kinda melancholy, and a foreign lady who work there now. One of the guys motioned me to a chair. As he started cutting my hair he asked if I was an LEO. I told him no, just a poor college student. :monkey

When he was done cutting I got up and the lady saw my Glock. She pointed and said, "Is that real gun?" with a big smile on her face. I told her yeah and (apparently she's really talkative) she proceeded to ramble on and on abut how she didn't like guns but when she came to America she realized that you need them for protection and how maybe she should get one.

I'm still sad to see my Vietnamese barbers move away, and I'm not crazy about the new guys, but maybe I'll just ask to have the lady cut my hair from now on, she's hilarious. :)

Oramac

she proceeded to ramble on and on abut how she didn't like guns but when she came to America she realized that you need them for protection and how maybe she should get one.

Sounds like she has entirely the wrong impression of gun and gun ownership to me. Hopefully you can enlighten her.

S&W_Guy

As previously mentioned in a prior post on this thread, I open carry a lot and do so frequently at QuikTrip. I had an encounter two nights ago with the Clay County Sheriff's department and don't know if I should post all the details here yet. The LEO in question was polite and took my information, which I volunteered, but I was improperly informed by the LEO that it is illegal to open carry in Kansas City.

How should I proceed?

sleepwalker

today first time i open carried

ok went to vote today, did not open carry at the polls but hand guns was in my truck. After voting Iwent out to truck armed my self and headed into town if you call Shell Knob, Missouri a town to the Country Fresh Market Open Carring my S&W .40 cal and CCW my .22 semi~auto phoenix. To my surprise the store manager nor anyone else said a word the manager looked at me seen the gun and said not a word. And here i was thinking someone would call LEO on me (nothing notta zip zero). but good news is now that i got the first time done with i shall done that more often

Richieg150

I was improperly informed by the LEO that it is illegal to open carry in Kansas City.

How should I proceed?

Thats no biggie, LEO's are misinformed all the time. Some know the correct ordinances thay are sworn to uphold, others dont. It is LEGAL to open carry in KCMO, PERIOD. I cant count on both hands a feet, the number of misinformed, ignorant, stubborn, hard headed, ect... LEO's that have TRIED to inform me that I was illegally Open Carrying, I politely informed them they were mistaken... and to provide a ordinance or statute I was in violation of. So far..... it has always ened with,"Have a nice day".

S&W_Guy

Thats no biggie, LEO's are misinformed all the time. Some know the correct ordinances thay are sworn to uphold, others dont. It is LEGAL to open carry in KCMO, PERIOD. I cant count on both hands a feet, the number of misinformed, ignorant, stubborn, hard headed, ect... LEO's that have TRIED to inform me that I was illegally Open Carrying, I politely informed them they were mistaken... and to provide a ordinance or statute I was in violation of. So far..... it has always ened with,"Have a nice day".

Thanks, Richieg. I thought as much.

I still haven't heard back from QuikTrip corporate. As soon as I hear anything, I let you all know.

HighFlyingA380

As previously mentioned in a prior post on this thread, I open carry a lot and do so frequently at QuikTrip. I had an encounter two nights ago with the Clay County Sheriff's department and don't know if I should post all the details here yet. The LEO in question was polite and took my information, which I volunteered, but I was improperly informed by the LEO that it is illegal to open carry in Kansas City.

How should I proceed?
This is just me, but I would personally fie a complaint. My reasoning being if LEAs get enough complaints about officers not being informed on the laws they are sworn to uphold, then that might change. We've seen it happen all over the country where media and activists gain enough attention, that the LEAs will perform some training, and now the officers all know the law. As I said, my hope in filing a complaint would be for this to happen locally.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

How should I proceed?

By responding consensually, you forgo your rights except to request the the officer be informed/educated in the law.