• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Madison Public Safety Municipal Code

SprayAndPray

Not all hollow points have sharp petals like the Black Talon. .

You realize the ranger SXT (Same eXact Thing) is pretty much just a black talon that is not moly coated right?

the whole black talon fiasco was nothing more then a media hit peice that grew wings and flew to the moon.....

M

McX

snappy comeback Lt. you got me grinnin here, thanks i needed that!

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
You realize the ranger SXT (Same eXact Thing) is pretty much just a black talon that is not moly coated right?

the whole black talon fiasco was nothing more then a media hit peice that grew wings and flew to the moon.....

Not only do I realize that, the Ranger ammo is what I usually carry in .40 S&W. It's a fairly hot round, and I'm rather fond of it.

I think the other difference is that the petals on the Ranger aren't as pointy, but it's very similar to B. Talon.

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
I suspect that many of these ordinances went on the books when a guy from Chicago named Paul Solgin was Madison's mayor. He fought (literally) the Viet Nam war from the comfort of the Madison campus while mostly poor kids were doing the actual fighting and dying.

It's likely Madison is keeping these in effect for the hassle factor - the old "charge then dismiss" routine. Maybe the Repubs can pass legislature requiring muncipalities and counties to remove any ordinances that exceed those of the state from their books.

Here are Mr. Solgin's feelings about the castle doctrine.

http://www.waxingamerica.com/2006/02/the_castle_doct.html

Flipper

Campaign Veteran

So it's socially acceptable in Madison for a cop to shot a bad guy using one of these things, but a citizen who uses one on a bad guy while backed into their second floor bedroom faces an ordinance violation?

This thing got sold on the "they'll be used on cops" b.s. The same thinking has resulted Wisconsin citizens only being allowed to use some of the most low power pepper spray on the market.

I wonder if Grampa's Gun Shop in Madison sells the forbidden AR 15 assult rifle? The owner says he sells multiple assult rifles to individuals. If he isn't careful, he may not remain WAVE's favorite gun dealer.

http://www.waveedfund.org/archives/116

Last edited:

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
I suspect that many of these ordinances went on the books when a guy from Chicago named Paul Solgin was Madison's mayor. He fought (literally) the Viet Nam war from the comfort of the Madison campus while mostly poor kids were doing the actual fighting and dying.

I don't know the exact chronology of the ordinances, but there's no doubt Soglin would have supported then during the times he held office. But the Mad City Council has had a long tradition of adopting poorly conceived ordinances, with or without Soglin in office.

I vowed years ago to turn Madison into a gun-friendly, or at the very least-- tolerant-- city. Not there yet, but slowly things are coming around.