• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

'F.Y.I' Wal-Mart manager

10-79

Yes Daylen,

You hit the nail on the head. That's exactly what it was. Let me try to describe the guy to you, as far as what I perceived..
He was a black guy, about 6 foot, was thin as a stick, spoke oh so softly, AND STUTTERED LIKE A MOTHERF@#KER! I could barely make out what he was saying, and, if I had quoted it word for word, you would have been reading a full blown novel, because that's how it took him to make single simple sentences.

I do admit I should have been somewhat cordial, and it is never my intention to be an *******, by default at least, but patience is a precious commodity for me and frankly, people who just beat around the bush like that, well, in his case take the 10 mile route around the bush entirely, aggravate the hell out of me.

VW_Factor

If I'm the OC'er, how about asking the manager to tell the lady that he talked to me, and I am authorized by the State of Mississippi to carry a firearm, and she has nothing to worry about. Two happy customers that way!

No sir..

Authorized by my RIGHTS to carry a firearm. No one authorizes you to do so. 2A only affirms our right.

MSRebel54

No sir..

Authorized by my RIGHTS to carry a firearm. No one authorizes you to do so. 2A only affirms our right.

Yes I know. But I was talking about the permit. The fact that Mississippi also trusts you to carry a concealed weapon, as well. "...the legislature may regulate or forbid the carrying of concealed weapons". (from the MS Constitution). Under present (and I believe unconstitutional) law, one needs a MS firearms permit to carry openly, because open carry = concealed carry in MS.

georg jetson

Yes I know. But I was talking about the permit. The fact that Mississippi also trusts you to carry a concealed weapon, as well. "...the legislature may regulate or forbid the carrying of concealed weapons". (from the MS Constitution). Under present (and I believe unconstitutional) law, one needs a MS firearms permit to carry openly, because open carry = concealed carry in MS.

You are connecting dots that are not connected. Ms. law does NOT require a permit for OCing. It CANT because of the Ms. constitution. What I'm sure you meant is that because of ambiguity in the law, there is some confusion as to what is meant by "concealed". This will continue to be the case until the law is changed OR a lawsuit is filed and the law is clarified.

Daylen

Yall be careful. I know you're not in Olive Branch, but man are you guys close to where that guy from Georgia got arrested.

thearmysredneck

Yall be careful. I know you're not in Olive Branch, but man are you guys close to where that guy from Georgia got arrested.
Yea I actually want to go to the court when he has his hearing but ill have to take the day off for that. I'm kinda debating doin that. The guys in horn lake are purty educated and professional. And when they find out I'm an oathkeeper its usually all good as a matter of fact ill probably wear my oathkeeper shirt while were at it ;)