• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Brian Aitken Conviction Overturned!

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Excellent news! Glad someone came to their senses. Does anyone know off-hand whether or not the hollow-point charge is a felony?

Superlite27

The hollow point law.......

What a joke. Evidently, If you need to use deadly force to save your life, you're not supposed to kill the attacker. That's why the only bullets allowed are those that tickle. Obviously, hollow points might result in death, so you're supposed to use normal bullets that won't do that.

markand

Unfortunately, I believe that hollow point conviction is a felony, meaning that Aitken remains a felon. Yuk.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Should have also argued US v Miller ... these judges, if its a gun control law, start opening up their books ... but if its to strike down a gun law, they just laugh even knowing there are precedents to show the hollow point law is plainly wrong.

Commies in NJ

JoeSparky

Centurion
Unfortunately, I believe that hollow point conviction is a felony, meaning that Aitken remains a felon. Yuk.

IF he had NEVER consented to the search originally, he probably would not even have this conviction on his record still! The report from his mother to the police in the dropped 911 call stated that she knew he OWNED firearms but did not know if he had any weapons with him!

Jack House

Nah, the idea is to have as many people killed in a self defense shooting as possible, hence the banishment of rounds designed to not over penetrate and kill little miss debbie sue the five year old girl playing with her pomeranian puppy

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Nah, the idea is to have as many people killed in a self defense shooting as possible, hence the banishment of rounds designed to not over penetrate and kill little miss debbie sue the five year old girl playing with her pomeranian puppy

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Sarcasim and irony in one stroke of the pen. Nicely played sir.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
http://www.njsp.org/about/fire_hollow.html

There is nothing illegal about HP ammo in NJ. The problem was 'where' he was taking it. That has restrictions, not the mere possession of same.

O goody - they would allow me to hunt with HP or shoot it at the range - now why would I shoot defensive ammo at the range if I can't carry it for self-defense? Several benefits of HP in a defensive reaction: better stopping power and reduced/eliminated over penetration - both IMHO safety pluses.

If going out of state with a gun, NJ wants me to demonstrate that it will be legal in the new state - i don't think so!

"Although the federal statute does not require possession of a hunting license, it does require that the person transporting the firearm be going to a state where possession of that object is lawful. A valid hunting license from that state effectively supplies the proof."

Excuse me! That is between me, the feds and the other state(s) - it is none of NJ's business. No requirement to file a "flight plan" and get it approved before or after the fact.

MKEgal

Grapeshot said:
If going out of state with a gun, NJ wants me to demonstrate that it will be legal in the new state - I don't think so!
"Although the federal statute does not require possession of a hunting license, it does require that the person transporting the firearm be going to a state where possession of that object is lawful. A valid hunting license from that state effectively supplies the proof."
A hunting license shows only that
a) hunting is legal in that place,
b) the person who has been issued the license is allowed to hunt there,
c) the government of that place thinks it is allowed to regulate that behaviour.

Says diddly poo about whether or not a certain self-defense tool or type of ammunition is legal in that place.

zack991

The hollow point law.......

What a joke. Evidently, If you need to use deadly force to save your life, you're not supposed to kill the attacker. That's why the only bullets allowed are those that tickle. Obviously, hollow points might result in death, so you're supposed to use normal bullets that won't do that.

Well i could care less with what BS they state on what you can use and cant use. I currently use M855 62gr steel core penetration rounds in my AR15 as a Home defense round. I play for keeps and I am not willing to put my family's life on the line with sub-par bullets. It goes the same for my pistol rounds, I used the very best and most devastating rounds that effect human tissue the most(IE stops the target the fastest.) The only downside to using effect rounds like this is it usual kills the target. The 5.56×45mm NATO cartridge will penetrate approximately 15 to 20 in (38 to 51 cm) into soft tissue in ideal circumstances. As with all spitzer shaped projectiles it is prone to yaw in soft tissue.. These fragments can disperse through flesh and bone, inflicting additional internal injuries. Despite complaints that the 5.56 round lacks stopping power, others contend that animal studies of the wounding effects of the 5.56×45mm round versus the 7.62×39mm have found that the 5.56 mm round is more damaging, due to the post-impact behavior of the 5.56 mm projectile resulting in greater cavitation of soft tissues. The US Army contended in 2003 that the lack of close range lethality of the 5.56×45mm was more a matter of perception than fact. With controlled pairs and good shot placement to the head and chest, the target was usually defeated(IE dead) without issue.

In short if you break into my home you wont be walking home ever again if I aim and engage the threat correctly.
AMM-223C_A.jpg

Last edited: