• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Stopped Detained Searched w/out RAS or PC. AUDIO

Status
Not open for further replies.

stainless1911

Banned
The last couple minutes get particularly interesting.

I was told that I could expect to be stopped for OC whenever I OC.

At 5:44 they claimed that the gun wasnt registered. I registered the weapon on 1-18 2012

Last edited:

Adams182

The last couple minutes get particularly interesting.

I was told that I could expect to be stopped for OC whenever I OC.

At 5:44 they claimed that the gun wasnt registered. I registered the weapon on 1-18 2012

Oh man they really love you don't they. At least the one officer was decent, and your registation was figured out. I can't belive the other officer, was he the SRG? " expect to be stopped for OC whenever I OC." :banghead:

ManInBlack

You definitely gave up too much information and said too much (example: "no, it's suspended, I got railroaded into a reckless driving charge..."), but you know that already.

One of those cops is a total a-hole; the other, severely deluded and cowardly for not forcibly stopping his partner from committing what he must have known was a crime.

Last edited:

Yance

I think my favorite part is when you said "I do not concent to search of my private property or person" and the cop told you "yea well I really dont care right now"

Civil rights violation any one?

Motofixxer

I personally, won't say much anymore. They are trained in getting you to lower your guard and comply. I'm not criticizing the position taken because we all make the choices in the moment.

"We don't know what's going on upstairs" (referring to carrying a rifle). Hmm they don't know about the mental capacity or intent of all the vehicle operators on the road either.

Bottom line...they are deceived and you won't change their mind. And they don't have to know what's going on. :banghead:

Sounds like a clear cut case with plenty of legal standing.

Last edited:

SpringerXDacp

Is there anything I could do to follow up on the registration issue?

I wouldn't worry about it. Do you think Harry Callahan would have let you walk off while committing a 28.422/28.422a violation? IMO, they were pissin' on your leg and trying to convince you it was raining.

If you want to check on your registration, go to the licensing authority (where you took your copies) and ask for a copy. The licensing authority is required to retain their copy for not less than 6 years from the time the two copies were submitted. The fee is $1.00.

Bronson

I tried to keep to things that were irrelevant.

No such thing.

I believe it was on MGO where somebody related a story where they were stopped and in a very conversational tone the cop asked if he had a cold because he had sinus issues. Through the conversation the cop got the guy to say he'd taken cold medicine--BAM!, a ticket for impaired driving. He fought it and had it thrown but it was still a hassle.

Bronson

twoskinsonemanns

Don't worry about it. They are trained to intimidate and squeeze info out of you. It makes people very nervous. If you go on you tube and watch thee guys that video tape their encounters... you know people criticize those guys for "looking for conflict" but it takes a lot of nerve to keep your mouth shut and only give what info your state's laws require.

Status
Not open for further replies.