• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry in High Desert (interest)

avdrummerboy

Hello all,

I am in Apple Valley and am interested in getting open carry going on in the tri city area of the High Desert here. Just wondering if there is anyone else who resides near here or any interest in general.

I have UOC'd up here a tiny bit, nothing major just doing it while out walking but would like to get some meetups or anything up here.

If anyone is interested PM me or reply on here and let me know.

g21owner

Im from AV too. I'd be willing to do a meetup if we have a group get-together.

Anyone know how SB County Sheriffs deal with OC'ers? I know a lot of departments issued memos to their officers on what they can and can't do.

avdrummerboy

I was stopped once by SBCSD and they at least knew that UOC was around and that "It was our right" in their words but they, like most PD's, are still mostly unfamiliar with the UOC laws.

aguililla

Hello

Great to see people from the HD. I live here in Victorville. Would be great count me in please. Thank you.

avdrummerboy

Glad to at least see a few from the area, if we can get a few more interested, we can start thinking about a UOC meetup somewhere.

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
Glad to at least see a few from the area, if we can get a few more interested, we can start thinking about a UOC meetup somewhere.

What do you need a few more interested people for?

Just what is the threshold for conducting a UOC outing? Five? Ten? Should you wait for more?

Look- you have three posters on the thread, if you want to meet, great- But it seems to me that everyone is waiting for someone else to take the initiative. Personally, I dont favor making a big to do with open carry and pushing a big turnout of internet strangers. Remember- this isnt about making a big splash (particularly with AB1934 being voted on within the next two weeks), but being ordinary everyday people who share something in common. While the support of like minded people can ease you into the practice, by no means should group events be the sole time or purpose of your activity. Eventually the training wheels will have to come off for solo OC.

The other thing I recommend is you newbs take a long hard look at the information that is available here and californiaopencarry.org before you OC. Because it doesnt matter how many people you are with if you do something wrong, you will go to jail or have an otherwise bad day.

PincheOgro1

Hey I live down here in Perris. Victorville, or Hesperia is not too far for me. I would be willing to drive that far to participate. Just has to be on one of my days off... And make sure there's no schools around.

avdrummerboy

@conditionthree- Yes people are waiting for someone to do something, which is why I am trying to get a few people together. We will have to go solo, yes, and I already have, already done a 12031 check, I just want to have a few meetups and get togethers to gain support and educate the public in a large way. As to numbers, I don't think that having 4-6 armed people in one area is too many. If 1934 goes through, then me and the Mossberg 500 tactical security will hit the streets, since thats all I've got now.

@PincheOgro1- You are more than welcome to head up here and hang out, I'll give you a heads up when anything happens.

g21owner

@conditionthree- Yes people are waiting for someone to do something, which is why I am trying to get a few people together. We will have to go solo, yes, and I already have, already done a 12031 check, I just want to have a few meetups and get togethers to gain support and educate the public in a large way. As to numbers, I don't think that having 4-6 armed people in one area is too many. If 1934 goes through, then me and the Mossberg 500 tactical security will hit the streets, since thats all I've got now.

@PincheOgro1- You are more than welcome to head up here and hang out, I'll give you a heads up when anything happens.

Mind If I bring the AR along??:cool:

So, we have four people willing to meetup? Name the time and place avdrummerboy.

Gunslinger

Hello all,

I am in Apple Valley and am interested in getting open carry going on in the tri city area of the High Desert here. Just wondering if there is anyone else who resides near here or any interest in general.

I have UOC'd up here a tiny bit, nothing major just doing it while out walking but would like to get some meetups or anything up here.

If anyone is interested PM me or reply on here and let me know.
When I was stationed at George for F-4 training, I'd OC all over the Victorville/AV area. Never an issue, of course this was back in '73 when Kalifornia was still a free state. They had a governor named Reagan as I recall. Good luck!

Gundude

When I was stationed at George for F-4 training, I'd OC all over the Victorville/AV area. Never an issue, of course this was back in '73 when Kalifornia was still a free state. They had a governor named Reagan as I recall. Good luck!

The same Governor who signed the Mulford Act that banned LOC.

Gundude

Well before my time in KA. But wasn't that aimed at the Black Panthers? I only vaguely remembering reading something about; it will have to look it up.

Our politicians didn't like the idea of the Black Panthers walking into the capitol building armed to the teeth.They scattered like quail, and soon passed the LOC ban.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mulford_Act

Last edited:

coolusername2007

Well before my time in KA. But wasn't that aimed at the Black Panthers? I only vaguely remembering reading something about; it will have to look it up.

"He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself." -- Thomas Paine

daggerspine

Group started?

Hi, Im also from the high desert area and been researching the OC laws for awhile now....Are there any groups started out here that I can participate in? Would like to exercise my 2nd Amendment when possible. PM me . Thanxs

1 2 many

local support

What do you need a few more interested people for?

Just what is the threshold for conducting a UOC outing? Five? Ten? Should you wait for more?

Look- you have three posters on the thread, if you want to meet, great- But it seems to me that everyone is waiting for someone else to take the initiative. Personally, I dont favor making a big to do with open carry and pushing a big turnout of internet strangers. Remember- this isnt about making a big splash (particularly with AB1934 being voted on within the next two weeks), but being ordinary everyday people who share something in common. While the support of like minded people can ease you into the practice, by no means should group events be the sole time or purpose of your activity. Eventually the training wheels will have to come off for solo OC.

The other thing I recommend is you newbs take a long hard look at the information that is available here and californiaopencarry.org before you OC. Because it doesnt matter how many people you are with if you do something wrong, you will go to jail or have an otherwise bad day.
I agree. But at the same time we need to inform people that open carry is another option that they can choose. If they choose to exercise right.