• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MOCA open carry event at Portland City Hall,Tuesday, October 12th , 2010

shanebelanger

Accomplished Advocate
Hey guys, same thing as the last meeting at Portland City Hall except this is the big show. This will be the last meeting before they either: A) Ask the State to enact legislation AGAINST the preemption law that is already in place, or B) Realize that the people do NOT want more firearms legislation.

Place: 389 Congress St. Portland City Hall

Time: 5:30PM

crdonov

Hey guys, same thing as the last meeting at Portland City Hall except this is the big show. This will be the last meeting before they either: A) Ask the State to enact legislation AGAINST the preemption law that is already in place, or B) Realize that the people do NOT want more firearms legislation.

can definetly count on me for the oct 12th meeting! glad everything went well last night. still wish i could have been there.

xd-over

crdonov

does city hall have a parking lot?

xd-over

boyscout399

does city hall have a parking lot?

xd-over

No, The parking lot near it (Top of the Old Port Parking) Closes at 1800. However, parking on the side streets near City Hall was easily accessible at the last meeting. If you park at a meter, they don't require payment after 1800, so a dollar should cover you from like 1700 to 1800.

crdonov

No, The parking lot near it (Top of the Old Port Parking) Closes at 1800. However, parking on the side streets near City Hall was easily accessible at the last meeting. If you park at a meter, they don't require payment after 1800, so a dollar should cover you from like 1700 to 1800.

thanks boyscout! thats a big help. see you on oct 12th.

xd-over

Last edited:

shanebelanger

Accomplished Advocate
Ok, so I'm sure that you have all seen the resent Portland Press Herald Article: http://www.pressherald.com/news/gun...ban_2010-09-15.html?searchterm=shane+belanger it basically made us out to be thugs. So I inquired as to why. The writer of the article has since PERSONALLY apologized to me, and his editor has told him that I am correct in stating that it is a direct misrepresentation of MOCA. So in order to fix this we will be running a letter to the editor that WILL* be published.

crdonov

so is oct 12th still a go! hope so!

xd-over

ep0k

pretty cool walpaper on moca! its on my computer. thank you.

xd-over

You're welcome. I try to do something on the website every week.

In other news, I fully plan to speak at the Oct 12th City Council meeting, especially if they try to pull some stunt where people who spoke at the last meeting can't speak at this one.

crdonov

You're welcome. I try to do something on the website every week.

In other news, I fully plan to speak at the Oct 12th City Council meeting, especially if they try to pull some stunt where people who spoke at the last meeting can't speak at this one.

great job on website. i check it every day. i missed the last meeting, and the meeting in s.portland but i wll definetly be at the oct 12th meeting in portland!!

xd-over

boyscout399

I plan on posting my speech for peer review. It's almost done.

I hope they let me speak again, since I spoke at the last one. I'm thinking of kind of posing my talking points based on questions. Like, Mr. Skolnik, how do you plan on enforcing this? Are you going to 2 armed guards per entrance, plus metal detectors at each entrance to each building you want to prevent firearms in? How are you going to pay for this increase in payroll and equipment? Etc.

Last edited: