• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The Trip....Three States...

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
My oldest daughter and I headed out this morning on our way to Bozeman, MT. Made several stops in Eastern Wa to get gas, use a rest stop, etc.

Just arrived in St Regis, MT for lunch at Frosty's. Buffalo burgers for lunch! Lots of people in town and the weather is great.

slapmonkay

Campaign Veteran
Just arrived in St Regis, MT for lunch at Frosty's. Buffalo burgers for lunch! Lots of people in town and the weather is great.

And by lots of people in town I assume you mean a whole 10... :) (I used to live over that way and frequently stroll through st regis on my way to hwy 200/93).

Just remember a couple major differences in the law:
- parks are excluded from state preemption. Most cities seem to enact there right to restrict in there parks.
- you are required to openly carry your firearm in a building that alcohol is consumed even if you have ccw.

Finally, be safe and have fun.

M-Taliesin

Howdy Amigo!
Hope your trip is fun and enjoyable for all concerned. Bozeman is in a really nice area. Beautiful country. Much prettier than Butte, for example.

Awaiting them pics. Hope to see them soon!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Alan903

And by lots of people in town I assume you mean a whole 10... :) (I used to live over that way and frequently stroll through st regis on my way to hwy 200/93).

Just remember a couple major differences in the law:
- parks are excluded from state preemption. Most cities seem to enact there right to restrict in there parks.
- you are required to openly carry your firearm in a building that alcohol is consumed even if you have ccw.

Finally, be safe and have fun.

Hi,

I am just wondering if you know the law differeences for CC in the Vehicle in ID and MT? I am driving to MT this coming weekend, and planning to CC on the way. (I have WA CPL)

I am still new to carrying, so starting with CC first until I am more comfortable and I'll starting to OC more.

Thanks,
Alan

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Hi,

I am just wondering if you know the law differeences for CC in the Vehicle in ID and MT? I am driving to MT this coming weekend, and planning to CC on the way. (I have WA CPL)

I am still new to carrying, so starting with CC first until I am more comfortable and I'll starting to OC more.

Thanks,
Alan

Your wa cpl is recognized in mt. You can OC in a vehicle with or without.

slapmonkay

Campaign Veteran
Hi,

Thanks,
Alan

You will be good in both ID and WA, both states recognize WA CPL. Further, in Montana you are not required to have a CWP to store your pistol in your glove box or out of sight within the vehicle. MT code states that concealing a weapon is specific to ones person and clothes.

Alan903

You will be good in both ID and WA, both states recognize WA CPL. Further, in Montana you are not required to have a CWP to store your pistol in your glove box or out of sight within the vehicle. MT code states that concealing a weapon is specific to ones person and clothes.

Thanks! :)

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Getting my oil changed and this little cutie is getting in her truck. Look what's in the door. Nice.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1311029749.729756.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1311029749.729756.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 139

amlevin

Pretty trusting of her to leave it in the vehicle with them...

I don't think it's that unusual here. I'm staying with TWG2A and she stated most leave their doors unlocked.
BTW, I was OC in the lobby waiting for my car and we chatted briefly, and I left 2 guns in the car.

I was getting some service done on my truck, at the Dealership, and the Svc Manager asked that I remove my firearms before they took it back into the shop. Seems like they had a mechanic road testing a vehicle once that ended up in jail. Felon in possession of a firearm, even though it was a Customers and he was only road testing the vehicle.

Now, when I go to the Dealership to get service I sit in the waiting room with my cased AR and "Go Bag" that has another pistol with ammo for it and AR. Nobody seems to care even though the AR case has "Colt" boldly emblazoned on the outside.