• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

To all new members, are you a troll?

qball54208

These are the rules I use to spot a troll

How to spot a troll
1 they never andswer a direct question
2 they know every thing about any thing
3 when they are pin pointed on facts they resort to personal attacks
4 they post more the others but can not back them up
5 what they own or have is always better then any body else
6 they never offer proof of owner ship, training ect
7 They always come up with reason why they can't
8 they make smart alex remarks about questions because they don't have the anwsers to them
9 their personal experince is alway better and more important then others
10 repeat they resort to personal attacks

These "How To Spot a Troll" references bear a similar resemblance to some kids in kindergarten. "Well, yeah my Daddy's got..." Usually ending up with the preverbal "Well, my Daddy can kick your daddy"s but"

Yooper

There's lots of trolls on the MI forum.

Dictionary.com "2. Slang . a person who lives or sleeps in a park or under a viaduct or bridge, as a bag lady or derelict.

MI got the biggest bridge around with the Mackinac Bridge.

IcrewUH60

These are the rules I use to spot a troll

How to spot a troll
1 they never andswer a direct question
2 they know every thing about any thing
3 when they are pin pointed on facts they resort to personal attacks
4 they post more the others but can not back them up
5 what they own or have is always better then any body else
6 they never offer proof of owner ship, training ect
7 They always come up with reason why they can't
8 they make smart alex remarks about questions because they don't have the anwsers to them
9 their personal experince is alway better and more important then others
10 repeat they resort to personal attacks

pffft!

1: I never "andswer" anything, directly.
2: We already knew that
3: nanny nanny boo boo, you stink
4: i'm working on that now
5: my post about trolls is better than yours. Or anyone else's for that matter
6: I have the MD Online training cert in my hands!
7: i can't get into that right now, I'm looking for someone's cat at the moment.
8: oh yeah, you can't even spell smart-alec
9: of course it is, it is my hardline opinion. Do you have a harline opinion? didn't think so.
10: couldn't come up with an 11th reason? Guess that's what you get for working for a living.....

[noted sarcasm... errr I mean trolling]

wild boar

Was it something i said?

Once again, a few OCDO members have perverted something as simple as a thread intended to educate new members. Some of the views posted here reflect directly to the willingness of some to allow new posters to even ask questions. This is a sad time for carry in Wisconsin, and the ability of OCDO to share information that would only help the movements continued growth.
I point no finger, but, "IF THE SHOE FITS... boar out.

IcrewUH60

Once again, a few OCDO members have perverted something as simple as a thread intended to educate new members. Some of the views posted here reflect directly to the willingness of some to allow new posters to even ask questions. This is a sad time for carry in Wisconsin, and the ability of OCDO to share information that would only help the movements continued growth.
I point no finger, but, "IF THE SHOE FITS... boar out.

errrrrr, i thought that was the point of this thread. To either prove you are or are not and have or have not ever been a member of the commmun.... ummm troll community.

damn new shoes. oh well at least they match my new IWB Cleveland's Ugly Holster. It's a good day for all gun owners in WI...even the trolls.

wild boar

New members, are you a troll????

errrrrr, i thought that was the point of this thread. To either prove you are or are not and have or have not ever been a member of the commmun.... ummm troll community.

damn new shoes. oh well at least they match my new IWB Cleveland's Ugly Holster. It's a good day for all gun owners in WI...even the trolls.

The connotation of troll has been used to attack too many new members while others troll freely. Is this to be the new face of OCDO? The definition, and defecation only was posted, and directed at new members to inform them what trolling meant, so they could avoid it. boar out.

IcrewUH60

The connotation of troll has been used to attack too many new members while others troll freely. Is this to be the new face of OCDO? The definition, and defecation only was posted, and directed at new members to inform them what trolling meant, so they could avoid it. boar out.

while I applaud your work, maybe the same troll(s) have reincarnated themselves time after time and therefore deserving of the attack(s) ??

While I still consider myself new, and you might consider yourself the same, don't you think that the new members who have made their way here could also navigate, themselves, to wikipedia?

It was almost as if you posted a sign that read "Do not read this sign."

wild boar

PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong.

while I applaud your work, maybe the same troll(s) have reincarnated themselves time after time and therefore deserving of the attack(s) ??

While I still consider myself new, and you might consider yourself the same, don't you think that the new members who have made their way here could also navigate, themselves, to wikipedia?

It was almost as if you posted a sign that read "Do not read this sign."

As many on this site do, ASSUME, I did not know troll was a part of forum edict, and am sure I'm not alone. Is a muffler bearing an integrated requirement to the rotation system on all 2012 3.0 LT exhaust systems made by GM? boar out.

IcrewUH60

Let's see...

[...] Is a muffler bearing an integrated requirement to the rotation system on all 2012 3.0 LT exhaust systems made by GM? boar out.

As far as I can tell, no. Researching the application of a muffler bearing on current GM exhaust systems is a fools errand AKA, a snipe hunt.

According to Wikipedia, (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snipe_hunt) A "Muffler Bearing" falls under the category of "Machinery parts that sound real, but if considering the actual machine, cannot exist: muffler bearings, diesel engine spark plugs, piston return spring, canooten valve, headlight or blinker fluid, or a top/bottom radiator hose for a Volkswagen Beetle (which is air-cooled and therefore has no radiator.

In the Army, I spent many hours reeling up "flight line" in preparation for the mandatory weekly "prop wash".

As many on this site do, ASSUME, I did not know troll was a part of forum edict [...]
and you were educated and are now upset about it?

So you post, to help educate, and in the process get DOZENS of examples of friendly trolling...... I would call that a success? I'm glad you're still with us and haven't been chased away!

GM is still making cars? for sale? holy hell.

Last edited:

IcrewUH60

As many on this site do, ASSUME, I did not know troll was a part of forum edict, and am sure I'm not alone. [...]

and Sir, you have 209 posts in this forum and just figured out that trolling was a sign of trouble?

see:
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/misc.php?do=showrules

(13) MULTIPLE ACCOUNTS ARE NOT ALLOWED: Signing up multiple accounts (or alts) is a tactic employed by spammers and trolls and not legitimate members. Doing so will result in the banning of all accounts involved.