• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The Left's Psychological Assault on Independence

Beretta92FSLady

"[FONT=times new roman,times]The most important question, then, is, "How to change the direction of the cycle?" The answer: Individuals with a strong internal locus must preach the value of independence. They must teach those they encounter -- their family, friends, colleagues, and especially the disadvantaged (whom they should make extra efforts to reach out to through voluntary service) -- that as human beings with free will, we are responsible for our own actions, that we are not the victims of fate, and that we will achieve happiness and self-esteem if we take hold of our lives and never let go.[/FONT]

[FONT=times new roman,times]The worst-case scenario for the individual who is moved to take responsibility for his own actions and who believes he controls his fate is that regardless of whether or not he gains any monetary benefit, he will at least gain a sense of autonomy and self-respect. The best-case scenario is that he will influence others around him to adopt his view. If this conversion occurs for enough people, all over the country, then there may be hope for the American Republic yet."[/FONT]

http://www.americanthinker.com/2010/07/the_lefts_psychological_assaul.html

I was nosing around pages today, and found this little gem. There are a couple of things that I do not agree with but overall I agree that individuals who do not feel nor know how to empower self, they ought to be taught how to empower themselves.

Of course, I do take issue with the title of the piece since I am a firm believer that there is equal blame to go along the political spectrum. Unfortunately individuals are not encouraged to be independent, and then when sh*t hits the fan (Katrina, etc.) individuals are pleading for help, and bitching that the Government wasn't quick enough to assist.

Another quote, from another page:

" ... unconditional welfare is a crime against the poor.’ ..." http://home.mira.net/~andy/works/dependency.htm

Damn right! I agree. Generally of course.

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
I was nosing around pages today, and found this little gem. There are a couple of things that I do not agree with but overall I agree that individuals who do not feel nor know how to empower self, they ought to be taught how to empower themselves.

Of course, I do take issue with the title of the piece since I am a firm believer that there is equal blame to go along the political spectrum. Unfortunately individuals are not encouraged to be independent, and then when sh*t hits the fan (Katrina, etc.) individuals are pleading for help, and bitching that the Government wasn't quick enough to assist.

Another quote, from another page:

Damn right! I agree. Generally of course.

With that ridiculous icon, and this post I want to congratulate you on several hours of sobriety.

Have you really been a conservative all along and just regurgitated all the lefitist crap for the sake of arguement?

Beretta92FSLady

With that ridiculous icon, and this post I want to congratulate you on several hours of sobriety.

Have you really been a conservative all along and just regurgitated all the lefitist crap for the sake of arguement?

Unfortunately, I am Liberal; it's a brain structure thing.

Beretta92FSLady

Then may God help you when the SHTF because the government isn't likely to be in a position to assist you. You will be on your own, probably for the first time, and will be as adrift as an unborn child whose umbilical has detached. All your guns and bravado will be useless.
Sad.

If SHTF, I am one Liberal you don't want to come beating on my door to steal my survival storage. And I have a partner, and four kids that know how to shoot firearms...and/or reload.

I am sure if there were looters at my door, after I drop a couple of them the rest will not want to deal with my place. There are easier targets.

Last edited:

OC for ME

'Liberalism' is a genetic trait. What one does with the genes one has is a function of their environment. Unfortunately, loony-lib-sock-puppets waste their genetic talent on a 'government centric' philosophy that has proven to fail time and again.

Liberals are liberals first and foremost.....how else can one explain Catholics voting for pro-abortion democrats. Clearly, genetics plays a role in their decision making process.....it certainly is not logic.

Beretta92FSLady

'Liberalism' is a genetic trait. What one does with the genes one has is a function of their environment. Unfortunately, loony-lib-sock-puppets waste their genetic talent on a 'government centric' philosophy that has proven to fail time and again.

Liberals are liberals first and foremost.....how else can one explain Catholics voting for pro-abortion democrats. Clearly, genetics plays a role in their decision making process.....it certainly is not logic.

So, the first portion of your post implies self-Determinism, then the latter portion of your post implies Fate.

So much for Choice in party affiliation, no matter how you dice it.

gunns

Unfortunately, I am Liberal; it's a brain structure thing.

You have a tendency to confuse me. You are gay, by your own admission, which is normally considered liberal, but many of the things you say point to conservative. Guns, prepping, family and self determination.

So what makes you liberal? I think you are fooling yourself, boo, you are a gay conservative, welcome to the team. LOL

Beretta92FSLady

You have a tendency to confuse me. You are gay, by your own admission, which is normally considered liberal, but many of the things you say point to conservative. Guns, prepping, family and self determination.

So what makes you liberal? I think you are fooling yourself, boo, you are a gay conservative, welcome to the team. LOL

I am pro-choice, pro-same sex marriage, anti-war, anti-nation building (both parties have an issue with this), pro-Federal Government over State rights (lesser of two evil, IMO); I don't need to go much further considering the last one.

I do have guns, I do have preparations, I do have a family but self-Determinism is, well, a complex subject, IMO.

Last edited:

gunns

I am pro-choice, pro-same sex marriage, anti-war, anti-nation building (both parties have an issue with this), pro-Federal Government over State rights (lesser of two evil, IMO); I don't need to go much further considering the last one.

I do have guns, I do have preparations, I do have a family but self-Determinism is, well, a complex subject, IMO.

So you are not really liberal or conservative, sounds like your more in the middle. Not a bad place to be.

OC for ME

There is nothing 'less' about more federal government.

States rights is not the same issue as desiring less federal government encroachment in our daily lives.

Beretta92FSLady

There is nothing 'less' about more federal government.

States rights is not the same issue as desiring less federal government encroachment in our daily lives.

So you would rather have the State encroaching? No thanks, I will take the Federal Government since there is a choice between the two.

OC for ME

Not sure about your state, well, I don't know what state you are in. But the state I currently reside in does very little encroaching on my 2A right. The encroaching they do do is tolerable, but still a far cry from constitutional carry.

The state and the feds are a package deal. ya can't have one,the state, without the other, the feds. though federal intrusions and encroaching could be greatly diminished and most folks would not even notice.

Which kind of begs the question. If most folks have little direct interaction with the federal government other than via confiscatory federal taxes, why have a federal government involved in any state beyond what the Founding Fathers envisioned?

ManInBlack

So you would rather have the State encroaching? No thanks, I will take the Federal Government since there is a choice between the two.

Why would any sane person, when given the awful choice between two governments to encroach on his liberties, choose the government which is further removed from his vote?