• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry and the Opinions of Some "Experts"

DrMark

Lone Star Veteran
I saw that.

Kinda like taking a bunch of guys who build race car engines, and polling them on what car makes the best taxi cab. Their expertise does not directly correlate to the question. The author even pointed out that they all pretty much do not open carry, so they're providing an opinion on a topic for which they have no experience.

WalkingWolf

Another person who hates OC just because he does not have the balls to do it himself. OC folks don't worry about CC folks, I can't understand how anyone can be so obsessive as these people. Is it jealousy or just outright stupidity?

papa bear

as far as these "experts"go most of them make their money on CC permits. the whole article made it clear that all OC was done by moronic mouth breathers. seems like they didn't do their history.

if open carry is so bad why do all cops do it?

it is a shame in America when hiding you gun is thought to be better then letting everyone see you are carrying

WalkingWolf

as far as these "experts"go most of them make their money on CC permits. the whole article made it clear that all OC was done by moronic mouth breathers. seems like they didn't do their history.

if open carry is so bad why do all cops do it?

it is a shame in America when hiding you gun is thought to be better then letting everyone see you are carrying

Yea I am going back and forth with one of those CC only folks on SLS. He is absolutely blowing a gasket, not the type of person who should be carrying in any mode.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Yea I am going back and forth with one of those CC only folks on SLS. He is absolutely blowing a gasket, not the type of person who should be carrying in any mode.

I quit reading the OP linked page about 2/3 of the way through the main post. The comments in this thread pretty much sum it up.

Regarding people blowing a gasket shouldn't be carrying guns, you got me to thinking. I wonder if its because of people like that--intolerant, and totally sure of their opinion--that the rest of us should have the 2nd Amendment and guns. Certainly, he's only half a step away from being willing to compel you to carry the way he thinks you should, which takes no stretch or leap of logic to conclude he'd probably be willing to dictate to you lots of other things you should and shouldn't do. And, I'll be he's even willing to try for that by voting and hoping for membership in the majority.

golddigger14s

Activist Member
I so hate the attitude of some CCers that they believe their way of carrying is the only acceptable method. Anybody that disagrees is wrong. For cryin' out loud just carry the way that makes you happy, and let everybody else do the same. Rant complete.”

LeMat

I so hate the attitude of some CCers that they believe their way of carrying is the only acceptable method. Anybody that disagrees is wrong. For cryin' out loud just carry the way that makes you happy, and let everybody else do the same. Rant complete.”

I wish more folks felt this way.

Sent from my TT Capsule Type 40, Mk I TARDIS

Kopis

I wonder if its because of people like that--intolerant, and totally sure of their opinion-.

Ive noticed as ive gotten older that it seems like everyone is intolerant of everything whether you are gay and intolerant of straight people or visa versa, CC vs OC, liberal vs conservative...... for all the online debates i read about politics, gun control, gay/straight, ive never once seen ANYONE say "good point, im switching sides".

WalkingWolf

Ive noticed as ive gotten older that it seems like everyone is intolerant of everything whether you are gay and intolerant of straight people or visa versa, CC vs OC, liberal vs conservative...... for all the online debates i read about politics, gun control, gay/straight, ive never once seen ANYONE say "good point, im switching sides".

It's strange that as I get older I become more tolerant, I always heard it was the opposite...

eye95

Some actually do alter their viewpoints, maybe not doing a 180, but still making significant changes.

However, as I often point out, I rarely try to change the mind of the person with whom I am debating. I am hoping that a lot of non-participants are reading the threads. It is they whom I hope to reach. I let the opposition bluster, insult, react emotionally, resort to insults, et cetera. I'll point out what they are doing, but I try to post rational arguments for my positions. When folks observe rational and adult versus emotional and childish, they tend to be swayed to the rational POV.

BTW, I don't recall reading many of your posts. I hope this is appropriate: Welcome!

g21sfpistol

Banned
i find it funny how this is a hardcore OC fourm yet at the top of the home page i see an advertisement for crossbreed CC holsters. i know they have OWB holsters but they are known for their CC holsters.

WalkingWolf

i find it funny how this is a hardcore OC fourm yet at the top of the home page i see an advertisement for crossbreed CC holsters. i know they have OWB holsters but they are known for their CC holsters.

A lot of the adds have to do with your cookies, you visit a site and if they are using google ad services the ads will show up on OCDO pages.

Packer fan

"CC experts are fearful of..."

I think the major drive for CC "experts" is fear, fear of other's opinions (including other "experts" and anti's), fear of politics, fear of being called names, fear of straw men arguments that hay've made up with no proof ect., fear of their follow law abiding citizen that he/she didn't attend one of their classes and thus can't be trusted with a firearm.

Yes, there is a twinge of pride in that they are the elites of the gun world and they have a permission slip by the government saying so. If you don't have said permission slip you aren't worthy to have an opinion based on facts only follow the "experts" emotional laced arguments of why a person shouldn't OC: 1st one shot, you'll be a target, element of surprise, people will scream and run away. Though these things can happen it's not the norm they portray it as.

I'm not here to say there is only one way to carry only to carry as many have said before.

Thundar

I saw that.

Kinda like taking a bunch of guys who build race car engines, and polling them on what car makes the best taxi cab. Their expertise does not directly correlate to the question. The author even pointed out that they all pretty much do not open carry, so they're providing an opinion on a topic for which they have no experience.

A bunch of C2I2 types like concealed carry better than open carry. What a surprise!

C2I2 = Concealed Carry Instruction Industry

XDNick9

I feel like they were trying to say that it was more the "right" way of carrying opposed to "acceptable".