• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My Box of Ammo

nuc65

Activist Member
I sent the VCDL my box of ammo as per the email notice request. Instead of just complaining about MacBloomberg I will do what I can do to fight against him.

For those who get the VCDL email you will know what I am talking about, and for those who don't I suggest joining VCDL.

aisiguy

I sent the VCDL my box of ammo as per the email notice request. Instead of just complaining about MacBloomberg I will do what I can do to fight against him.

For those who get the VCDL email you will know what I am talking about, and for those who don't I suggest joining VCDL.

Mine goes out in the mail tomorrow. The email made me believe that my concerns expressed here earlier today, about the near future in VA, may be insufficiently grave.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Not much to say. I'll get out a little more than a box of handloads when I get back in town.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
And for folks who do not know where their checkbook is, and do not want services like PayPal to get a cut, the VCDL-PAC bucket will be at the gun shows.

stay safe.

thedevilrobyjohn

my part

I donated to cooch, vcdl, scouser, nra and nothing turned out as I had hoped. Ill donate to vcdl again, ill carry and share/educate and conduct myself mannerable and civil. I listen and over hear conversations and statements. I hear far more often the other side speaking of progress and how they have came too far to fall back now. They must continue they say. Well, they did.

aisiguy

I listen and over hear conversations and statements. I hear far more often the other side speaking of progress and how they have came too far to fall back now. They must continue they say. Well, they did.

Yes. Because of where I live and the wide connections I have with many people and many kinds of people, I hear the same. And frequently. Not so long ago, it was rare to hear the word 'gun' in public discussions. Now - here in hated NOVA - I hear it often, and only rarely in a positive way. The train is moving and gathering speed.

Thundar

The above mentioned organization has, in the past, chosen not to strongly support Constitutional Carry. In the just concluded governors race the organizations Political Action Committee chose to endorse a candidate that openly opposed Constitutional Carry. The president of this organization, on Election Day, sent out an e-mail to over 20,000 Virginians that inaccurately portrayed the fund raising of the pro Constitutional Carry candidate. This was a blatant attempt by the president of the organization to try to get Virginia voters to not vote for the pro Constitutional Carry candidate and instead vote for an anti Constitutional Carry candidate.

If you believe, as I do, that Constitutional Carry is a worthwhile long term vision for gun rights in Virginia, then I respectfully suggest that this organization might not be the right fit for your donations. It certainly isn't the right fit for my political donations.

Live Free or Die,
Thundar

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
The above mentioned organization has, in the past, chosen not to strongly support Constitutional Carry. In the just concluded governors race the organizations Political Action Committee chose to endorse a candidate that openly opposed Constitutional Carry. The president of this organization, on Election Day, sent out an e-mail to over 20,000 Virginians that inaccurately portrayed the fund raising of the pro Constitutional Carry candidate. This was a blatant attempt by the president of the organization to try to get Virginia voters to not vote for the pro Constitutional Carry candidate and instead vote for an anti Constitutional Carry candidate.

If you believe, as I do, that Constitutional Carry is a worthwhile long term vision for gun rights in Virginia, then I respectfully suggest that this organization might not be the right fit for your donations. It certainly isn't the right fit for my political donations.

Live Free or Die,
Thundar

This is a gross distortion, rash over simplification of the facts, and insult to PVC.

VCDL very much supports Constitutional Carry - to suggest otherwise is ludicrous.

thedevilrobyjohn

Live Free or Die,
Thundar

I listened to the libertarian crap all summer and fall, i go to many fairs and festivals where they had booths. I gathered from about everyone one of them that a large concern was legalizing pot...im no pot smoking hippie ill assure you. I told Sarvis to his face that it was the wrong time and too much was on the line. We gain nothing with this crap and stand to lose everything. Ive stood with pvc and ed and I stand today with them. Im a blue collar knuckle buster not a politician, so what do I know.

Last edited:

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
I gathered from about everyone one of them that a large concern was legalizing pot...im no pot smoking hippie ill assure you. I told Sarvis to his face that it was the wrong time and too much was on the line. We gain nothing with this crap and stand to lose everything. Ive stood with pvc and ed and I stand today with them.

There can never be a wrong time to limit governmental aggression, or to expand liberty. Especially when other states have already granted their citizens this important liberty, expanding their economic and personal freedom and helping to reduce crime.

It is a real shame that the two-party duopoly has convinced Americans that they need to pick and choose between liberties, that a gain in one liberty must come at the expense of another, and that infringement of the liberties one does not exercise directly does not in any way influence exercise of the liberties one does wish to engage in.

It's foolish to think that the War on Drugs (even on marijuana specifically) does not impact our RKBA. The most obvious example is that our right to home defense has been drastically watered down in its efficacy by the proliferation (and legal toleration) of no-knock raids, which all too frequently fall on the innocent (be it thanks to bad evidence or a wrong address). This is nearly wholly a product of the war on drugs, and marijuana is an incredibly common target of these unconstitutional, liberty-destroying and dangerous raids.

As it happens, an AG in Virginia could probably effectively end this practice overnight. However, our heroically staunch 2A-advocating AG-turned-failed-GOP-candidate-for-Governor has done nothing about this in his term. This being the case, the most practicable way to limit this practice and restore Virginians' security in their homes is to begin to limit the War on Drugs.

Now is very much the time. In fact, folks keep saying that we can't make any advances with McAuliffe as governor. This is precisely the sort of real RKBA advance that could make past a Democratic veto.

If only, you know, we could get over our view of liberty as being divided between two camps (or, even more incongruously, solely in the camp of the GOP).

Last edited:

va_tazdad

Imho

I listened to the libertarian crap all summer and fall, i go to many fairs and festivals where they had booths. I gathered from about everyone one of them that a large concern was legalizing pot...im no pot smoking hippie ill assure you. I told Sarvis to his face that it was the wrong time and too much was on the line. We gain nothing with this crap and stand to lose everything. Ive stood with pvc and ed and I stand today with them. Im a blue collar knuckle buster not a politician, so what do I know.

More than the 535 knuckle dragging morons in Congress.

VaGunTrader

I dropped a 20 in the donation jar at the gun show today.
I spoke with the guys there about Lobby Day.

idea: At the gun shows the VCDL sells their mouse pads and stickers, etc. What if members donated gun related items to the VCDL table that could be sold? If you have...scope rings, new ammo, stocks, etc.
Just an idea.

Thundar

This is a gross distortion, rash over simplification of the facts, and insult to PVC.

VCDL very much supports Constitutional Carry - to suggest otherwise is ludicrous.

I am not distorting anything Grapeshot. Check the VCDL Legislative Tracking Tool. VCDL did not strongly support Constitutional Carry. The VCDL PAC did not endorse the candidate that answered yes to every question on their survey, they chose the candidate that refused to answer many of the questions and checked no to Constitutional Carry. Philip did send out an e-mail attacking the pro constitutional carry candidate on Election Day.

Thundar

1) It is always time to dial back statist thugs

2) if the Feds needed a constitutional amendment to ban alcohol, why don't they need another constitutional amendment to ban marijuana? My grandfather suffered from glaucoma for fifteen years. The best treatment option was denied to him because of an irrational and overreaching federal paranoia.

3) This thread was about donating (or not) to VCDL.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
Should I join VCDL at my next opportunity or not?

ABSOLUTELY.

Decide for yourself what you do in relation to the PAC.

VCDL is not a Board of Directors who generates policy, or a PAC that sets the legislative agenda. Your paid membership, though, does give that BOD and PAC chairman and others who register as lobbyists added clout. "I represent 40,000 gun owners in Virginia" carries much more weight in a politician's mind than "I represent 2000 gun owners".

More importantly, VCDL is each and every citizen writing, calling, visiting, and educating legislators - you know, those guys who propose, discuss, and vote on laws - and letting them know what is important to you. We can each do that without VCDL, but not as effectively. Those lobbyists DO ensure we - the ones with the power - know what legislation is coming, when it's coming, and how to write a cogent note in support or opposition. (NB: I always customize/rewrite the pre-written e-mail because I know legislators read the first sentence and if it's identical to hundreds of others, simply put it ina pro/con file, but the major points are there. Revising is always easier than writing.) Those lobbyists track this stuff for us day after day.

The organization is very far from perfect, but there isn't much better anywhere in the world, IMNSHO.