• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Mark Newmans Stand on the 2A

qball54208

I will sign concealed carry legislation if I'm elected Governor.

No candidate in this election has stated his support of concealed carry as strongly and clearly as I have. I am so disappointed that Governor Doyle has twice vetoed this important legislation - and I look forward to signing it into law.

Mark and Matt Neumann with Mark's first deer antlers I understand how important concealed carry is. That's why earlier in this campaign I crisscrossed the entire state with my son, Matt, meeting with supporters to talk with them about the importance of the 2nd Amendment and concealed carry.

You see, I'm a lifelong hunter. I shot my first buck when I was 13. In the past, the NRA has given me an A+ grade because of my strong support for the 2nd Amendment.

I support the recent U.S. Supreme Court decision in McDonald v. City of Chicago that affirmed our natural, God-given and constitutionally protected fundamental right to bear arms.

I stand for freedom and personal responsibility.

Here is a sample of the media coverage I received when I crisscrossed the state in support of concealed carry:

* Video: Neumann Pushes for Concealed Carry (WRN)
* Video: Neumann Pushes Concealed Carry Law for Wisconsin (WBAY)
* Article: Neumann Calls for Concealed Carry in Wisconsin (LaCrosse Tribune)

J.Gleason

Banned
I am a hunter, blah blah blah. What does hunting have to do with carrying a firearm for self defense?

Don't get me wrong, Walker gives us the same BS line. I could really care less if they are hunters. I could care less if they are NRA members. Nothing like telling us what we want to hear.

When they stand up and make a statement like DA Fox did then they will earn my vote.

hardballer

I am a hunter, blah blah blah. What does hunting have to do with carrying a firearm for self defense?

Don't get me wrong, Walker gives us the same BS line. I could really care less if they are hunters. I could care less if they are NRA members. Nothing like telling us what we want to hear.

When they stand up and make a statement like DA Fox did then they will earn my vote.

That's exactly right. Stand up and tell us what you really believe. What you'll really do.

M

McX

concealed carry, concealed carry. is that the only words he knows?!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

J.Gleason

Banned
"CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS

The Republican Party of Wisconsin is a vigilant supporter of the right of individuals to keep and bear arms embodied in both the Second Amendment to the Constitution of the United States and Article I, Section 25, of the Wisconsin Constitution.

We therefore oppose all efforts to restrict the ownership, manufacture, transfer, carry, or sale of firearms by law-abiding citizens. We further oppose all efforts to require registration of firearms in the possession of law abiding citizens, as well as efforts to bankrupt firearms manufacturers through frivolous, unethical lawsuits.

Instead, we call for proper enforcement of the many existing laws against those who commit crimes. For safety’s sake, we encourage voluntary training in the use of firearms. We cannot ignore the clear lessons of history regarding the tyranny and suffering which can fall upon a disarmed and vulnerable people."

In as many words....Constitutional carry

ETA: Awaiting a reply from Mark Nuemann

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

"CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS

The Republican Party of Wisconsin is a vigilant supporter of the right of individuals to keep and bear arms embodied in both the Second Amendment to the Constitution of the United States and Article I, Section 25, of the Wisconsin Constitution.

We therefore oppose all efforts to restrict the ownership, manufacture, transfer, carry, or sale of firearms by law-abiding citizens. We further oppose all efforts to require registration of firearms in the possession of law abiding citizens, as well as efforts to bankrupt firearms manufacturers through frivolous, unethical lawsuits.

Instead, we call for proper enforcement of the many existing laws against those who commit crimes. For safety’s sake, we encourage voluntary training in the use of firearms. We cannot ignore the clear lessons of history regarding the tyranny and suffering which can fall upon a disarmed and vulnerable people."

In as many words....Constitutional carry

ETA: Awaiting a reply from Mark Nuemann

You interpret this to mean they support carry either CC or OC without a permit? I don't think so.

J.Gleason

Banned
You interpret this to mean they support carry either CC or OC without a permit? I don't think so.

It says right there in Plain english,
" WE THEREFORE OPPOSE ALL EFFORTS TO RESTRICT the ownership, manufacture, transfer, CARRY, or sale of firearms by law-abiding citizens."

Therefore they support Constitutional carry. Constitutional Carry is unrestricted carry, which means the decision is left up to the carrier as to whether they OCW or CCW with out a permit restriction.

Last edited:

KansasKraut

Yeesh.

I think you guys are being too hard on Mr. Neumann. He is BY FAR the best candidate in the gubernatorial race, especially from a 2A perspective. I'm absolutely certain that if, by some miracle, a constitutional carry bill made it through the legislature, Mark Neumann would unreservedly sign it. Also, he is the only one of the three major candidates to have done something meaningful with his life outside of the public sphere. He is definitely getting my vote, provided he carries through 'til the end. Walker? Meh. I guess I'd vote for him if it allowed us to defeat Mr. I-got-my-ass-beaten-half-to-death-and-still-oppose-CCW/OC Tom Barrett. I urge all of you to support Mark Neumann. He would do the most for our cause of any of the three majors in the race.

johnny amish

Why do I get the impression that the two canidates think the 2nd amendment applies to duck hunting? Not one of them has said that they suport constitutional carry, I bet that is for a good reason, to afraid to scare the republican sheep.

BerettaFS92Custom

links

Why do I get the impression that the two canidates think the 2nd amendment applies to duck hunting? Not one of them has said that they suport constitutional carry, I bet that is for a good reason, to afraid to scare the republican sheep.

http://www.wrn.com/2010/06/neumann-pushes-for-concealed-carry/

http://lacrossetribune.com/news/local/article_5d804c34-750a-11df-be07-001cc4c03286.html

i did understand that Mark would sign the bill as passed by our reps. I am in communication with my reps in the greater madison area about the original bill and explained "WE SHOULD NOT HAVE TO PAY FOR A RIGHT" to OC or CC or the RKBA as well.

The REAL focus should be on your elected represenatives. At least Mark is WILLING to sign the bill so focus on the lawmakers.

oh yes i am asking my reps to pass on to Sen. Decker or his members for a Castle Doctrine modeled after Ohio or Florida's

Last edited:

johnny amish

One sad truth is if this state gets Barret we can all watch more of our gun rights go down the drain. Thanks Beretta, you have the right idea, if we are not in constant contact with our law makers they will do as they wish, not as we wish.