• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Passing through

kashmirsmp

Hello all. I have a question about Nevada and open carry gun laws. I am moving from AZ to northern CA and I will be driving the entire time through NV. I can carry here in AZ CC or OC, but what are the rules about driving with a gun in NV while I am in the moving truck? Can I keep it in the glove box or under the seat like I do here or does it have to be on my person or what? Any info would be great.

Thanks

28kfps

As of August 2010 Nevada does not recognize Arizona’s conceal permit. However, you can open carry a loaded firearm on your person in your vehicle or out of your vehicle. Unless you correctly secure it as soon as you cross state line to Komeyfornia you will instantly turn from a law biding civilian into a extremely dangerous gun hauling criminal. Enjoy your short lived gun freedom.

Last edited:

kashmirsmp

Living in AZ I can CC with out a permit. Its great. I just want to be able to carry while I drive through the desert for 10 hours on the way up north.

SoLasVegas

I can carry here in AZ CC or OC, but what are the rules about driving with a gun in NV while I am in the moving truck?

There are no laws regarding vehicle carry of a handgun, so long as it is not concealed on your person. For that you would need a permit recognized by NV.

Can I keep it in the glove box or under the seat like I do here or does it have to be on my person or what?

I wouldn't keep it under the seat, but that's just me. You may keep it in the glove box, on the seat next to you, on the dash for every passing car to see (probably not a good idea either), in a holster mounted to your car, or on your person as long as it is not concealed by clothing or other covering. If it is on your person and is hidden from view by the seat or seatbelt, that is NOT concealed.

28kfps

Once you cross the border into the PDR you change from a citizen to a subject. Keep that in mind.

Whish I had thought of that I would have posted a similar comment in my earlier posting.

Last edited: