• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Concealed Firearm Permit Class for Utah

Alan903

Hey guys,

I just saw this deal on Livingsocial.com.

It's a 4 hour class at West Coast Armory in Bellevue. (Insights Traning Center)

It's a $72 class ($145 Regular price). According to the website, it's for both Utah and Oregon.

I also believe there may be some additional fee to process the application for B.C.I.

I am not here to sell, just to share..... Here is the link http://livingsocial.com/deals/62481?ref=conf-jp&rpi=20381097 (if 3 people buy it from that link, I will get it for free).

Or if you just go to livingsocial.com directly and buy it. I don't care....

Maybe I will meet a few of you guys there!

dadada

Correct....an additional $65 will be sent with the application to UT...and looks like additional $65 to OR if you apply there also.

Question about Oregon. Is the $65 just for the training, or are you getting a sherriff's permission also? If I remember correctly, you can take an online class for nothing, or next to nothing, that is valid for the permit. Isn't the hard part getting the county sherriff to sign off on out of staters?

Alan903

Anyone see a schedule of class dates?

This are the Dates/Hours I see from the website.
http://www.insightstraining.com/view_course.asp?courseID=221

Bellevue, WA

August 14, 2011
Time: 8am-12pm

Instructor: Alan Hines

August 14, 2011
Time: 2pm-6pm

August 27, 2011

August 27, 2011
Time: 2pm-6pm

October 02, 2011

mrjam2jab

Question about Oregon. Is the $65 just for the training, or are you getting a sherriff's permission also? If I remember correctly, you can take an online class for nothing, or next to nothing, that is valid for the permit. Isn't the hard part getting the county sherriff to sign off on out of staters?

The $65 I mention is strictly the application fee that gets submitted to the Sheriff. Training cost would be in addition to the application fee. For example the OR Hunter Safety is $10.