• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Flood of permits for concealed carry likely in Wisconsin

Kc.38

Is it not possible that the numbers are inflated to ask for an increase in their funding or hire new friends/employees?

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
Is it not possible that the numbers are inflated to ask for an increase in their funding or hire new friends/employees?

Anything is possible! Just like it's possible only 50,000 apply the first day or two it's also possible 500,000 permit applications get mailed in on Nov 1st. I guess it's a BIG wait & see. We are all just guessing at this point. The high numbers are very possible with the amount of gun owners in this state

Last edited:

protias

Will be interesting to see them SOOOO underwhelmed that they get all the permits done in a week to 10 days...or quicker! maybe not...

You know if they had nothing to do, they'll still take the full amount of time to do it. I mean, these are government workers...

Big Dipper

You know if they had nothing to do, they'll still take the full amount of time to do it. I mean, these are government workers...

Besides she even was quoted as follows:

"As far as processing applications, again we have no historical experience to draw off, but certainly we will do everything in our power to meet or exceed the processing time limits imposed by the Legislature," Brueck said.

Perhaps it depends on what the meaing of "exceeding a time limit" means to the DoJ. ;)

BROKENSPROKET

like I was saying in another similar post , we can all expect an instant 3-4 month Backlog, they don't have the staffing to process those numbers expeditiously. so the legal 21 + 45 day time frame is not going to happen..for Many of the first applicants it will mean you might get your permit February or March maybe even later. I won't hold my breath on getting my permit that I will apply for on Nov 1st before mid Feb to late March... if I do get it earlier than that I will consider myself one of the lucky ones.. with all the media hype this has gotten over the last year, I would not be shocked to see 100,000 - 250,000 applications flood the DOJ on the first day or two, with thousands more coming in each day for at least the first month...

They did increase staff for this on a temp. basis. Most of the LTE's were hired for 6 months. Others they will keep as long as they are needed.

kemo

I am going to close my eyes and run in circles yelling you can't see me over and over and see if you cand see me. Wish I was able to go down there and turn my application in.

Captain Nemo

Glock21gb:

Where do you get the 66 days you talk about?

(2) Notwithstanding section 175.60 (9) (b) of the statutes,
as created by this act, beginning on the effective date
of this subsection and ending on the first day of the 5th
month beginning after the effective date of this subsection,
the department of justice shall, as soon as practicable and
without delay, but no longer than 45 days, after
receiving a complete application under section 175.60
(7) of the statutes, as created by this act, for a license to
carry a concealed weapon, do one of the following:
(a) Issue the license and promptly send the licensee
his or her license document by 1st class mail.

Outdoorsman1

Glock21gb:

It would not suprise me if the DOJ ignored the above as they ignored the section that specifically forbids them from making any changes in the training requierments...:mad: :banghead:

Outdoorsman1

mrjam2jab

Glock21gb:

He probably just used wrong punctuation...I caught it too. 45 days for the first 90(?) days, then 21 days thereafter...

professor gun

I have had discussions with a group who has set up training in four other states when they first passed shall issue carry laws. With their experience in those states and the population in Wisconsin they are projecting 100,000 permit applications the first 12 months the law is in effect with us topping out at around 250,000 to 300,000 permit holders in two to three years.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
I have had discussions with a group who has set up training in four other states when they first passed shall issue carry laws. With their experience in those states and the population in Wisconsin they are projecting 100,000 permit applications the first 12 months the law is in effect with us topping out at around 250,000 to 300,000 permit holders in two to three years.

I think we will see 100,000 + applications in the first 2 weeks...

springfield 1911

Founder's Club Member
We have 72 counties in Wi. , We would need to see 1,389 from each county to see 100.008 permits applied for. I believe there are a number of counties that you would be lucky to get a 100 applicants and I don't see Dane, Milwaukee, Greenbay, eau claire, Kenosha, Racine and name any other counties that would make up for the lack of resident permits sought.

50.000 to 65.000 maybe