• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ed on WTTG FOX DC Local News

merc460

Awesome! I hope this law finds it's way to North Carolina. I don't go out to eat much, simply because I can't carry in those places.

Nuttycomputer

Well Done... I enjoyed this part:

Ladd Everitt works with the Coalition to Stop Gun Violence. The law passed this year by the general assembly says people carrying a concealed weapon in a bar or restaurant are not allowed to drink alcohol. But Everitt says that is unenforceable.
"You literally would have to pat down and search everyone coming into your establishment to make sure they do not have a gun."

It makes me wonder where the logic breaks down. Hey Ladd... if you wanted to make sure people weren't carrying into banned locations you would have to do that as well because otherwise Gun BANS are just as unenforceable.

Oh well :banghead:

sraacke

I was confused by how they talked about CC then kept showing a OCer. The reporter talks about the law only affects people with CC permits. So???? It was legal to OC in bars and resturants before? Is that right? Now the new law says that you can now CC in those same places with a permit? Or am I still getting it wrong?
Here in La you can't OC into a bar or resturant which sells alcohol for on site consumption.

simmonsjoe

Va law

correct.

You have always been able to OC into an ABC ON restaurant, and consume alcohol, providing you don't become intoxicated.

Now you can also CC into an ABC ON restaurant, but while doing so you CAN NOT drink alcohol.

Yea its confusing.

since9

Campaign Veteran
correct.

You have always been able to OC into an ABC ON restaurant, and consume alcohol, providing you don't become intoxicated.

Now you can also CC into an ABC ON restaurant, but while doing so you CAN NOT drink alcohol.

Yea its confusing.

So...

1. Drive to an ABC ON restaurant in CC mode.

2. Switch to OC mode.

3. Have a beer or similar drink.

4. Leave

5. Wait for, what? An hour?

6. Switch back to CC mode.

Sounds to me like one or more of the legislators are being knuckleheads.