• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Scott walker on open and concealed carry

Shane28

Did some research and found out in an interview what scott walker had to say about open carry and his plans if he takes office.

Owen: As you know, there has been a lot of consternation over open carry in Wisconsin. What would you do as governor regarding open carry and concealed carry?

Scott Walker: This is exactly why Wisconsin needs a Personal Protection Act. Having the legal right to carry. Having a permit. For all the hype and hysteria after Van Hollen’s release, the reality is that if people want to feel safe in this state – well, the most important thing to do is get guns out of the hands of people who can’t legally have them – is to put in place a very reasonable right to carry law like nearly everybody else in the country. It would allow us to know, by virtue of the permitting process, that the person has gone through a course; they know what they are doing; they are perfectly capable of doing that. In states like our neighbor Minnesota, they have had no problem with that. Despite all the hype about the Wild West, it didn’t come to pass. Instead, they have law-abiding citizens who know what they are doing and are well prepared to carry a firearm.

http://www.bootsandsabers.com/index.php/weblog/permalink/interview_with_scott_walker/

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
Great, now we have a guy who thinks we should all be "permitted" to carry

So here we go with Scott Walker thinking EVERYONE should be "permitted" to carry firearms. Wow, what happened to that pesky constitution? So even Mr. Walker wants to violate the constitution of Wisconsin.

I am glad I did NOT vote for him but now that he has won the primary I will be forced to pick the lesser of the two evils. I hate politicians. They always lie.

BROKENSPROKET

Does it matter, really?

He also said that if a repeal of 941.23 hit his desk, he would sign it.

He never said he would not sign anything but a repeal of 941.23.

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
Repeal 941.23

If that IS the bill, he WILL sign it. As Nik stated, if that ISN'T the bill, we only have ourselves to blame.

Shane28

exactly how does one go about putting presure on law makers to make it what we want?

Spartacus

Banned
He also said that if a repeal of 941.23 hit his desk, he would sign it.

He never said he would not sign anything but a repeal of 941.23.

Not true. Both Walker and Neumann were on record saying "they would sign any concealed carry legislation that came across their desk". I physically heard Neumann say it and heard that Walker said it second-hand.

I do indeed believe that Walker will sign anything so you guys that are so rabid about Unrestricted Carry better get on the stick before an errant legislator drafts an encumbered bill for him to sign.

springfield 1911

Founder's Club Member
exactly how does one go about putting presure on law makers to make it what we want?

We send Spartacus in with his sword . I couldn't resist, HaHAha!!

Last edited:

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member

1. Wait until AFTER the election, they are just trying to save/get a job right now.

2. After the election, contact your WINNING representatives.

3. Let them know that you don't want MORE state employees.

4. Let them know that you don't want a 100 page nobody knows what's in it "health-care" concealed carry bill.

5. Point out NO PERMIT OC is already legal!

6. There is no difference between OC and CC other than the concealment.

7. Simple REPEAL on 941.23

8. You need to E-Mail, WRITE, and especially CALL.

9. Get EVERYBODY you know to CALL your (winning) rep and ask them if they will co-sponsor REPEAL of 941.23. If they say NO, REPORT BACK HERE.

Contact the State NRA Reps and DEMAND they throw away the 2003/2005 bill and go REPEAL. If you get the standard "we are working on a PPB" (Personal Protection Bill) you report it back here and on EVERY FORUM that they DON'T want true "right-to-carry" but rather "permit-to-carry." If they say, "Yea, REPEAL" report that back as well.

This isn't 2003 or 2005. We HAVE the moral high ground. Things ARE tipping our way, we just need to help "push it over."

johnny amish

bnhcomputing;1373120 9. Get EVERYBODY you know to CALL your (winning) rep and ask them if they will co-sponsor REPEAL of 941.23. If they say NO said:
Right on. It will be up to all of us to make as much noise as possible. We need to get a hold of every group that might support us, ducks unlimited, buck and bear club, talk to every rod and gun club etc... We need to let them know that if they support us we will support them. What I mean by that is not financial support, we need help with e-mails, phone calls etc. We may also need to show up in Madison in large numbers to get our point heard. If any of these groups can help us out I see no reason why we would not do the same, we can send e-mails and make phone calls on thier behalf. The pressure needs to be hard and most importantly, constant. If our elected reps. thinks we have gone away they will find it easier to ignore us.

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
I was told by a professional lobbyist that email ain't bad, type written letters, individually written and signed carries more weight, but the most weight is the elected one coming into the office, with phones ringing off the hook, and the person who answers the phones saying, "they've been ringing like this ALL day." They all want REPEAL of 941.23.

Nik stated once, that a politician won't do anything without political cover. 1000 phone calls every single day provides that cover, and that is what it will take, thousands of calls.

johnny amish

I was told by a professional lobbyist that email ain't bad, type written letters, individually written and signed carries more weight, but the most weight is the elected one coming into the office, with phones ringing off the hook, and the person who answers the phones saying, "they've been ringing like this ALL day." They all want REPEAL of 941.23.

Nik stated once, that a politician won't do anything without political cover. 1000 phone calls every single day provides that cover, and that is what it will take, thousands of calls.
+1

Spartacus

Banned
Sadly spartacus meant that as a smartass answer because he actually advocates for permits and training being required before some can exercise their 2A rights

Even more sadly you don't know what you are talking about.

In WI we exercise our Art 1 Sec 25 rights every time we open carry. And we will continue to do so concealed, permit or no.

Shane28

more things to add to our

This looks very promising about castle doctrine law. add this to the list of what to tell representatives

Protecting Our Families

The right to protect ourselves is just that – our right – and it shouldn’t be eroded for political gain. I support the right of law-abiding citizens to carry a concealed firearm and I sponsored legislation allowing the right to carry while serving as a member of the state Assembly. Homeowners should take comfort in knowing that their home is truly their castle, which is why I support citizens’ rights to protect themselves in their own homes and anywhere they have a legal right to be, by adopting a strong Castle Doctrine law.

http://www.scottwalker.org/issues/secondamendment

Last edited:

230therapy

Guys,

They can never forbid open carry. There should be NO prohibition against concealed carry under the state constitution. I'm not even sure why it's an issue. Just challenge any anti-ccw laws as unconstitutional. The wording is unambiguous and it specifies security and defense.

"Right to keep and bear arms. SECTION 25. [As created Nov. 1998] The people have the right to keep and bear arms for security, defense, hunting, recreation or any other lawful purpose. [1995 J.R. 27, 1997 J.R. 21, vote November 1998]"

As for the Second Amendment, that is a civil right for Federal citizens. It doesn't apply to the vast majority of citizens since they are not 14A citizens. It doesn't even include substantive due process (inalienable right)--it's all procedural. All that means is as long as they follow "procedures", they can screw Federal citizens any way they want.

Last edited: