• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Election Day - 2014

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Please go to your polling place and cast your ballot - it not only is your right, but I believe your obligation.

Not voting, even as a form of protest, puts the dark side in control.

My polling place is in an elementary school, so I cannot carry there, but I will be OCing an empty holster and mag cases as I have done for a number of years. Also will be wearing a RKBA type hat - don't expect any problems, but we shall see.

Polls are open now - gotta go get dressed and move out.

Last edited:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Please go to your polling place and caste your ballot - it not only is your right, but I believe your obligation.

Not voting, even as a form of protest, puts the dark side in control.

My polling place is in an elementary school, so I cannot carry there, but I will be OCing an empty holster and mag cases as I have done for a number of years. Also will be wearing a RKBA type hat - don't expect any problems, but we shall see.

Polls are open now - gotta go get dressed and move out.

If you don't vote you have no right to complain about the results or what happens in politics until the next election.

Your candidate may not win but your vote cut the margin.

stay safe.

Red Dawg

Not a wasted vote!!

Vote for the best candidate. If everyone that votes for a D or an R just because they think voting otherwise is wasted, actually voted for the person that has the best record, and supports what you think is right, it would make it a closer race. And maybe your "guy" doesn't win, but it may send a clear message to the status quo...

AJG

If you don't vote you have no right to complain about the results or what happens in politics until the next election.
Your candidate may not win but your vote cut the margin.
stay safe.

I too believed this for the longest time too. But as long as I have the right to vote, I also have the right not to vote and always have the right to express an opinion as well!
I vote my mind and for the person that I think will do the best job protecting my interests.
Political affiliations, status quo and the lesser of 2 evils be damned!

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
Here in Washington State, we have "vote by mail" your ballot comes to your registered address and you fill it out and pop it in the mail(or a drop off station). At this time 40% of the ballots are in in my county. I miss standing in line and changing hearts and minds at the last minute. I miss the reality of using the voting machine instead of a mailbox.

A large number of people tell me they will not vote in protest. Foolish. Not voting is not a protest, it is a surrender.
Remember that Citizenship is a VERB, an ACTION WORD. You(and others) must have action and Vote.

va_tazdad

To each their own.

Yes, I voted, and I am proud that I did. If you don't, sit down and shut up.

You had your chance, and chose not to do anything about the problems the current batch of political MORONS in Washington have caused. Time to clean house and start over without the corrupt idiots.

Voting, even for the loser of your choice, says you care enough to attempt to fix what the idiots have screwed up.

Rant complete.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Voted earlier today at a local elementary school - wore RKBA hat, VCDL patch on jacket, and OCd (Virginia Tuck) an empty holster.

Guess I didn't intimidate anyone (not my intention) as I was not asked to remove or cover anything. Was prepared for them to not allow me to vote - where upon someone would have gotten an earfull.

Wisely all smiled at me and yes they did noice.....unquestionably.

CoryB

I voted this morning along with my wife, both of us wearing our U.S. Gunworx shirts. Nothing was said regarding our choice of clothing. Small turnout with virtually no wait, but it was fairly early.

The Truth

So...

If I don't believe in the lesser of two evils and don't see a candidate worthy of my vote, I do not have the right to an opinion and I am part of the problem - simply because there isn't a candidate deserving of my vote?

Nope, sorry. Doesn't work that way. Say what you want to try and get people motivated to vote, but the "sit down and shut up" line doesn't work with me, and it's pretty disrespectful in my humble opinion.

Love you guys, and this is written with all due respect.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Is there any state out there that does not allow you the opportunity to write in the candidate of your choice, as opposed to the ones that were pre-printed?

Lots of times I have written in the name of my neighbor's dog only because I know that little beast will dump on the lawn and not on my head.

stay safe.

J_dazzle23

So...

If I don't believe in the lesser of two evils and don't see a candidate worthy of my vote, I do not have the right to an opinion and I am part of the problem - simply because there isn't a candidate deserving of my vote?

Nope, sorry. Doesn't work that way. Say what you want to try and get people motivated to vote, but the "sit down and shut up" line doesn't work with me, and it's pretty disrespectful in my humble opinion.

Love you guys, and this is written with all due respect.
Can't you cast a vote for those offices you support, and leave the vote empty for certain positions you don't have a candidate for?

I certainly don't agree with either political party right now, but I will vote for anyone that supports the second amendment before I give a free pass non vote to the party that does not.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Can't you cast a vote for those offices you support, and leave the vote empty for certain positions you don't have a candidate for?

I certainly don't agree with either political party right now, but I will vote for anyone that supports the second amendment before I give a free pass non vote to the party that does not.

Unless the two major parties get feedback that their candidates are ubacceptable we will continue to have them throw unacceptable candidates at us. Voting for the 3rd-party may not change the outcome but it will send the message that you did not like their offerings. As does writing in yourself, your significant other's dog, or Mickey or Donald or ___ .

The point is that if you do nothing you do in fact lose your right to complain. Does not mean you can't have an opinion - just that you can't whine about the outcome because you did nothing to impact it.

stay safe.

J_dazzle23

Unless the two major parties get feedback that their candidates are ubacceptable we will continue to have them throw unacceptable candidates at us. Voting for the 3rd-party may not change the outcome but it will send the message that you did not like their offerings. As does writing in yourself, your significant other's dog, or Mickey or Donald or ___ .

The point is that if you do nothing you do in fact lose your right to complain. Does not mean you can't have an opinion - just that you can't whine about the outcome because you did nothing to impact it.

stay safe.
I am the guy that will vote for a libertarian or independent candidate on our state level if I like them. Simply because I feel it will actually be felt, so to speak. On a presidential ballot, though....I feel like its just wasting a vote. Lol. Meh. I get the point though.

The Truth

So I can whine if I vote for my neighbor's dog, but I "lose that right" if I don't. All I have to do is write a made up name and I get to keep my freedom of speech?

Sounds like a difference in principles to me.

So let's argue whether it's more effective to NOT vote. Once a proper candidate comes along all of a sudden voter turnout goes up by 35%. Does that not send a more effective message than a vote for Fido?

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
So I can whine if I vote for my neighbor's dog, but I "lose that right" if I don't. All I have to do is write a made up name and I get to keep my freedom of speech?

Sounds like a difference in principles to me.

So let's argue whether it's more effective to NOT vote. Once a proper candidate comes along all of a sudden voter turnout goes up by 35%. Does that not send a more effective message than a vote for Fido?

I don't get into the vote/no vote, party, independent....whatever discussions anymore. What you do is your right as free people. If someone refuses to vote on principal they have the same right to complain as anyone else and probably more than someone that votes a straight party ticket.

Someone that doesn't vote because they're too lazy, gives up that right IMO.

I've only not voted twice in my life and both on principal and based based on a specific voting law that shouldn't have been passed....AND what I did those years can only be called complaining in the most polite company.