• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

House Bill 4009 of 2011, not eactly OC related, but....

budlight

This could be huge. It would be Great for all, especially those who want to carry on campus, "Students for concealed carry on campus"

This is a great bill and I fully welcome it.....however, some colleges have their own constitution so a few of them would still be able to ban firearms.

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
Sorta... some can and some can't... the next step is to expand preemption and add teeth to it!
I believe most schools would enact, if they haven't already, a prohibition on students and faculty carrying firearms on campus. It would be akin to work place prohibitions. You wouldn't be breaking any laws, but they'd be within their right to expel/fire those who get caught violating such policies.

The only ones we might have a chance on changing, would be those run by the state and/or local gov't. Private schools and colleges would still be able to do as they please.

But I think that is a long road to go down. I would suggest, one step at a time. First, get the PFZs eliminated with this bill, then we can work on the rest.

autosurgeon

I believe most schools would enact, if they haven't already, a prohibition on students and faculty carrying firearms on campus. It would be akin to work place prohibitions. You wouldn't be breaking any laws, but they'd be within their right to expel/fire those who get caught violating such policies.

The only ones we might have a chance on changing, would be those run by the state and/or local gov't. Private schools and colleges would still be able to do as they please.

But I think that is a long road to go down. I would suggest, one step at a time. First, get the PFZs eliminated with this bill, then we can work on the rest.

I agree!

TheQ

What do we know about this Richard LeBlanc (bill introducer)? Is he a 2A Democrat? Anyone? Does he have a history one way or the other?

the500kid

Update

Big question, is LeBlanc a liberal, or is he a conservative Democrat? I know they exist. Or at least they used to. :)

LeBlanc is the most conservative Democrat out there in this state (and gets an A on guns from the NRA for what ever thats worth). I spoke with him yesterday (mon 14 march 2011) he has been promised a hearing on this in the fall.

Last edited:

office888

LeBlanc is the most conservative Democrat out there in this state (and gets a high B on guns from the NRA for what ever thats worth). I spoke with him yesterday (mon 14 march 2011) he has been promised a hearing on this in the fall.

Thanks for the update on that.

I'll give LeBlanc a call and leave him a thank you message for introducing this. I'll make sure Nesbitt knows about this too.

the500kid

Correction

Mr. LeBlanc has an A rateing from the NRA.

Check your facts before posting about a public official. Its really embarresing to get an email from your state rep. telling you he has an A rateing from the NRA. My heart felt public appology to Mr. LeBlanc for not looking up his rateing before posting it on his form.