• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OT - Bucks Gun Shop, Snohomish, WA

Idlechater

Gang:

This may be completely inappropriate and if so, please forgive me and moderators please delete.

I have recently obtained my FFL license and am open for business in the Snohomish area. I would like to offer firearm sales and FFL transfers to the Open Carry crowd.

You can find additional information at www.Bucks-Gun-Shop.com and can find me on Facebook.

I look forward to finding you the best possible price on firearms that you are interested in purchasing, or in facilitating the transfer of a firearm that you have purchased or sold.

Thanks.

FMCDH

That's great, but did you know your store address is not actually found on your website? :confused:

Your also not yet listed in Google Maps.

Welcome to the area, nice to have another store nearby, but if you want people to show up, you got to give people a better clue than "between Snohomish and Monroe".

Just sayin...:D

VW_Factor

That's great, but did you know your store address is not actually found on your website? :confused:

Your also not yet listed in Google Maps.

Welcome to the area, nice to have another store nearby, but if you want people to show up, you got to give people a better clue than "between Snohomish and Monroe".

Just sayin...:D

Google Maps takes some time sir.

Metalhead47

AW give him a break guys, I kinda think he's still getting set up.

Always glad to see a new gun shop. I'd love to stop by, any chance y'all will be open Friday night say around midnight? And have bus parking? icon_mrgreen.gif

Idlechater

You guys crack me up... Has there ever been a post that someone didn't criticize something about the OP???

Any'hooose... My "store" is a virtual store and thus there is no address... Contact me by email and order a firearm from me... That way I keep the riff raff out that just want to back the bus up at midnight!!!!! *G*....

I hope to open something bricks and mortar in the couple o'years and am just dabbling right now... Gotta keep the full time job running so I can do this part time...

I appreciate your support and especially appreciate FMCDH and the rest of ya actually checking out the website... Sign the guest book and let me know you were there... If ya need anything, let me know that as well...

joeroket

You guys crack me up... Has there ever been a post that someone didn't criticize something about the OP???

Any'hooose... My "store" is a virtual store and thus there is no address... Contact me by email and order a firearm from me... That way I keep the riff raff out that just want to back the bus up at midnight!!!!! *G*....

I hope to open something bricks and mortar in the couple o'years and am just dabbling right now... Gotta keep the full time job running so I can do this part time...

I appreciate your support and especially appreciate FMCDH and the rest of ya actually checking out the website... Sign the guest book and let me know you were there... If ya need anything, let me know that as well...

I heard it was very difficult if not almost impossible to get an FFL without a brick and mortar store these days. How hard was it for you?

Last edited:

Idlechater

I heard it was very difficult if not almost impossible to get an FFL with a brick and mortar store these days. How hard was it for you?

Joe - it is unbelievable the number of hoops that you have to jump through just to get an FFL and then all of the paper work that has to be filled out, and maintained is crushing. That said, it is a bit of a labor of love for me so I just put up with it.

I look forward to helping some of you guys/gals out.

joeroket

Joe - it is unbelievable the number of hoops that you have to jump through just to get an FFL and then all of the paper work that has to be filled out, and maintained is crushing. That said, it is a bit of a labor of love for me so I just put up with it.

I look forward to helping some of you guys/gals out.

Thanks for that info. I will give you first crack at my next firearm purchase but at the very least I will come to you for the transfer.

Dain Bramage

The transfer fee on your website doesn't mention the new state use tax requirement.

Also, did you ever consider adding Coonan Arms to your stable? That might be my next purchase.

amlevin

The transfer fee on your website doesn't mention the new state use tax requirement.

Also, did you ever consider adding Coonan Arms to your stable? That might be my next purchase.

Probably didn't mention it because EVERY Dealer has to charge it and it's the same (with some small local exceptions).

As for "Internet Only" stores, I'm still a "touch it, feel it, buy it, guy. No stock no sale to me. I buy ammo, parts, and reloading components online, not guns.

joeroket

Probably didn't mention it because EVERY Dealer has to charge it and it's the same (with some small local exceptions).

As for "Internet Only" stores, I'm still a "touch it, feel it, buy it, guy. No stock no sale to me. I buy ammo, parts, and reloading components online, not guns.

I agree, however I have bought offline just because the deal was way to good to pass up. I got my Taurus mod 82 in damn near new condition for $185 including the shipping and transfer fee. I don't know of a retail store around that could touch that price.

Idlechater

Gang:

Didn't mention the tax because it is the same for everyone. Would be happy to put it on my site if you all feel that I am somehow trying to hide something. Safeway doesn't put sales tax down on their ad's either. It is just a fact of life. I hate it and suggest that everyone else that does not like it to complain to your representative. You don't have to pay tax on many other items that you buy online, so why firearms?

I totally respect those that are touchy-feely types. I am actually that way myself. Just understand that you pay a premium for that. Not because the store is trying to mess you around, but because they have to pay overhead that I don't have to pay. Many times it is worth paying the extra so you can hold, feel, and see the firearm.

I plan to do some of the WAC shows in the future so perhaps those of you that are the touchy-feely types can stop by and do your thing there.

For those of you that want to save a little money and know what you want, please give me a chance to earn your business.

Thanks.

P.S. I have added a footnote indicating the sales tax requirement. Don't want anyone thinking that I am anything but 100% upfront. See http://www.bucks-gun-shop.com/FFL-Transfers.html

Last edited:

joeroket

P.S. I have added a footnote indicating the sales tax requirement. Don't want anyone thinking that I am anything but 100% upfront. See http://www.bucks-gun-shop.com/FFL-Transfers.html

Not to nit pick but aren't you required to collect tax on the entire cost including shipping? Your note makes it sound like just the price of the firearm. I only mention this because I would hate to see you get a bad name because people don't know the laws. Not all people will click that RCW link. Maybe word your footnote right from the law. Also I would have the note read that it is a use tax and not sales tax.

Dain Bramage

I only mention this because I would hate to see you get a bad name because people don't know the laws.

That was the only reason I brought up the use tax. I wasn't trying to imply that you were hiding anything. It's just that some people don't know about the new enforcement efforts by the state (the tax has been around forever), and might get upset at you because thay haven't had to pay before.

amlevin

You don't have to pay tax on many other items that you buy online, so why firearms?

Because the State has a way to get YOU to collect it. It's still supposed to be paid on all those items that you buy online but unless the company selling it "has a presence" in Washington, they have no way to collect it other than voluntarily. Until they make UPS, FEDEX, or the USPS, "agents" to collect the sales tax they'll just have to wring their hands and whine. Because they have a hold over FFL's in the form of a Business License, they can put the arm on them to collect their SST. (Stupid Sales Tax).

Now if everyone was a good, civic minded individual, and believed that the State wouldn't waste the extra money, they'd voluntarily remit the sales tax on all those purchases from Cheaper-Than-Dirt and such. Volunteers anyone?

joeroket

Because the State has a way to get YOU to collect it. It's still supposed to be paid on all those items that you buy online but unless the company selling it "has a presence" in Washington, they have no way to collect it other than voluntarily. Until they make UPS, FEDEX, or the USPS, "agents" to collect the sales tax they'll just have to wring their hands and whine. Because they have a hold over FFL's in the form of a Business License, they can put the arm on them to collect their SST. (Stupid Sales Tax).

Now if everyone was a good, civic minded individual, and believed that the State wouldn't waste the extra money, they'd voluntarily remit the sales tax on all those purchases from Cheaper-Than-Dirt and such. Volunteers anyone?

Not it.

Dain Bramage

You don't have to pay tax on many other items that you buy online, so why firearms?

Oh, but you do. Use tax is levied on any internet purchase where the provider has a state presence, which you definitely do, brick-and-mortar shop or not. Guns and cars are the easy catch for the state due to the paperwork tracking requirements.

It could be argued (correctly in my view) that you are only fulfilling a federally required service, and the transfer fee is the only part done by you and your state presence, and therefore that should be the only part taxed. Trying to get that logic by the money-hungry state is a different matter.

Happiness is getting that antique Finn M-39 rifle delivered directly to your door without any sheckels to Gregoire.

Trigger Dr

My nephew passed away last year, while living in Ca. The entire collection was willed to me. No tax paid, but a real and I mean R E A L can of worms getting them transferred up here. Still working on some of them.