• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Santorum Gnawing On His Foot?

Beretta92FSLady

I see nothing wrong with an open discussion regarding the differences between males and female; both their strong and their week points. But to act as if the male is somehow weakened by the female or that the female doesn't have the metaphorical stones to pull a trigger, well, he hasn't met someone like me, and I am not the only female out there who has pulled a trigger with someone in my sights.

I think Santorum is the flavor of the next couple of week, am I wrong about this? Hopefully!

Personally, from a political perspective he could have taken a much different trip through this issue where he got to state what he wanted to state but not in a way that would create a negative response to viewers. He is right that there are differences between the two genders--the average height of a male is 5'11" and the average height of a female is 5'7"ish. Men are physiologically built for strength compared to the physiological makeup of females. Anyhoo.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/10/rick-santorum-women-military-combat-roles_n_1267851.html

"But I do have concerns about women in front-line combat, I think that could be a very compromising situation, where people naturally may do things that may not be in the interest of the mission, because of other types of emotions that are involved," Santorum continued. "It already happens, of course, with the camaraderie of men in combat, but I think it would be even more unique if women were in combat, and I think that's probably not in the best interest of men, women or the mission."

PistolPackingMomma

Santorum is an idiot, in many different ways.

[video=youtube;1Gwwmm-cQxU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Gwwmm-cQxU[/video]

Beretta92FSLady

Here, Santorum sees a child from rape as a gift to the woman. This is where he gets in trouble not by his message rather, by his verbalization of his message.

[video=youtube_share;FaXmAZEzEwQ]http://youtu.be/FaXmAZEzEwQ[/video]

PistolPackingMomma

I understand what he means when he says "life is a gift", but I think he's failing to clearly explain his position to others that don't understand.

With that said, I wouldn't consider rape/pregnancy a "gift", but I think there are alternatives to abortion, like adoption.

But even though I find abortion abhorrent, I can't expect others to live by my moral/ethical/religious code, and I believe in liberty, even if people make choices I don't agree with.

At any rate, Santorum is definitely the flavor du jour, and I can't wait for him to be the next to drop out. He claimed he won't, because he feels "destined" for this :)rolleyes:) but if anyone quits next, I think it's gonna be him. Romney has enough money to run forever, Gingrich won't quit because of his pride and ego, and Ron Paul won't quit because of his convictions and love for our country.

$0.02

PistolPackingMomma

Agree with him or not, the man has convictions about the sanctity of human life in the midst of a society where most everything is "disposable" if it becomes inconvenient.

Those convictions are commendable, but should not be legislated by government. Which is definitely what Santorum would do if elected.

sawah

LOL at 'men' having -any- input on abortion.

BTW, are you sure on the average height of women? :)

According to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the average U.S. woman is 5' 3.7

MilProGuy

PistolPackingMomma

I respectfully disagree about the legislation by the government. I believe our government should protect the rights of all Americans, regardless of their stage of development.

A 12-week-old human fetus...who's going to look out for his or her rights?

http://img807.imageshack.us/img807/2074/12weekoldhumanfetus.jpg

I am strongly anti-abortion; I believe life starts at conception. But when we allow the Federal Government the power to legislate morality across the country, we slip into very dangerous territory, and it puts all of our rights at risk.

Have no doubt, Santorum absolutely would use his position as President to enforce his views of what is right and wrong on the rest of us, and that opens the door for the next guy; whom you might not agree with so much.

sudden valley gunner

Without any input there would be no conception? :eek:

Here is the problem I see with a blanket statement like that. A woman can choose to abort a pregnancy or not understandably (although I personally don't like abortion, I have no constitutional right to stop you) but a woman can also choose to have a baby against the fathers will and force him into a system that can keep him broke and not allow him to choose his own path in life, especially when the father is a young man.

I encourage all young men to use protection, but there are plenty of women who will simply have a baby for money, entrapment etc. and they will lie about being on the pill or what ever protection available to them.

Beretta92FSLady

Holy crapolah! Here is where I got my numbers, well, off the top of my head from something I reade some time ago. You are right about the average height, thank you.

Beretta92FSLady

Agree with him or not, the man has convictions about the sanctity of human life in the midst of a society where most everything is "disposable" if it becomes inconvenient.

Yes, he does have convictions.

With regard to the disposing of an underdeveloped fetus, I have met no woman that has had an abortion that considered the abortion a light matter. Some religious types would have the world believe that there are nazi-feminist (limbaugh) out there just frothing at the mouth to abort their next conception as late as they can legally abort the child.

If a man wants to know what it feels like emotionally to have an abortion then all he needs to do is ask a female who has had one. Abortion is not taken lightly.

Dreamer

What did people expect? Of course all the "mainstream" Republican candidates are going to self-immolate.

When the only candidates that are getting any sort of positive coverage are all idiots, sociopaths and wackjobs, and the ONLY candidate who is honorable, Constitutional, and concerned with Liberty gets a constant cold shoulder (and the only time the media mentions him is to demonize and marginalize him), what did you EXPECT would happen.

Turn off your TV. Stop listening to the Mushroom Media. Stop watching the campaign ads.

Vote for the candidate with a voting record that aligns with your interests and concerns...

We have one candidate who was the Governor of Massachusetts--with perhaps some of the most draconian gun-control laws in the East.

We have another candidate who's wife had an abortion to "save her life", but insists that their abortion is somehow "different" and wants to prevent anyone else from doing the same thing, for the same reasons.

We have a third candidate who supports de-industrialization, globalism, and is a documented philanderer, fornicator and adulterer.

And then there is this guy who is a medical doctor, has a PERFECT voting record with regards to the Constitution, and is just an all-around good guy. Sure, he's not sexy-looking. Sure, he may not be a fantastic orator. Sure, his hair and suits aren't Ken-doll perfect. But he won't lie to us, he supports 100% of the Constitution, 100% of the time and he knows more about "economics" and how the financial system REALLY works than the average Federal Reserve Chairman.

Vote for whomever you want.

Personally, I'm voting for the ONLY Republican candidate who isn't a proven, documented scumbag...

Ron Paul 2012
Any other vote is a vote for serfdom.

Last edited:

Beretta92FSLady

I agree that Paul should get more attention but that is of his own making, IMO. As I stated on a number of occasions: Paul MUST run third party! If he don't then he is not viable.

Dreamer

I agree that Paul should get more attention but that is of his own making, IMO. As I stated on a number of occasions: Paul MUST run third party! If he don't then he is not viable.

I would expect you of all people to not blame the victim...

Unless Ron Paul owns a major media network, I can't see how his lack of coverage is his fault at all. He has the most vocal and fired-up supporters of ANY candidate. There arae more RP signs, banners and bumper stickers in circulation the other three candidates combined. His online presence and use of alternative media outlets and social media is light-years ahead of the other candidates.

RP's lack of coverage is certainly NOT because of his campaigns lack of trying...

Daylen

The world would definitely be a less...*choosing words wisely*...ummm, exciting place to live!

Don't be silly, conflict, fighting, and murder would not be affected long term. Of course there would be the down side of not having us around to blame for everything.

Jack House

I am strongly anti-abortion; I believe life starts at conception. But when we allow the Federal Government the power to legislate morality across the country, we slip into very dangerous territory, and it puts all of our rights at risk.

Have no doubt, Santorum absolutely would use his position as President to enforce his views of what is right and wrong on the rest of us, and that opens the door for the next guy; whom you might not agree with so much.
I don't understand these positions some people have. You are against abortion because you feel that life starts at conception, so abortion is taking another's life, correct?

But you believe that the government has no place legislating abortions, because you feel as though it's a moral issue. Correct?

If this is the case, then should the government also have no place legislating taking a life, be it whether the individual had been born or not?

Last edited: