• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Howdy Folks!!

GlockIt

If your using a cell phone the add signature will not show up in the coloum, you need a computer web browser. Once its saved using a computer it will always show up even if you go back to using a phone. Im not sure why this is but thats what I had to in order to get a signature. If you wanna change it you will have to do the samething again. The link provided above also works.

Last edited:

Greg T

Top Left of page FORUM ACTIONS/EDIT PROFILE, left side EDIT SIGNATURE

If that doesn't work, here's the direct link:

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/profile.php?do=editsignature

There is no "edit signature". This is what I have:

Edit Folders
My Settings
My Profile
Edit Profile
Edit Profile Picture
Edit Avatar
Profile Privacy
My Account
Edit Email & Password
General Settings
Edit Connections
Edit Ignore List
Networking
Friends & Contacts
Event Reminders
Miscellaneous
Attachments
Blog

B

Bikenut

I agree fully. I don't plan to OC that often since I do have a cpl, but now and then on the really hot days I may not want to gun or holster rubbing my skin. I may carry it in a grocery store or while fueling the car, etc. I have no plans to OC on school grounds, court houses, hospitals, etc. Hopefuly, I'll have no reason to frequent these places. ;)
With respect Greg... I mean that sincerely too.... the court houses I put in bold illustrates it is imperative that you be careful to understand all the laws and how they interact.. even before OC'ing occasionally anywhere because...

Court houses are quite often out of bounds for carry, including OC, due to:

SUPREME COURT ADMINISTRATIVE ORDERS

March 27, 2001
Administrative Order 2001-1

SECURITY POLICIES FOR COURT FACILITIES

It appearing that the orderly administration of justice would be best served by prompt action, the following order is given
immediate effect. -snip-
It is ordered that weapons are not permitted in any courtroom, office, or other space used for official court business or by
judicial employees unless the chief judge or other person designated by the chief judge has given prior approval consistent
with the court's written policy.-snip-

Can be read here:

http://courts.michigan.gov/scao/resources/publications/manuals/security/cs_appD3.pdf

Not trying to be nit picky but we have to be careful to know all the nits so we don't get picked by LE for a screw up.

So please ask if you have any doubt about anything any time.

Greg T

With respect Greg... I mean that sincerely too.... the court houses I put in bold illustrates it is imperative that you be careful to understand all the laws and how they interact.. even before OC'ing occasionally anywhere because...

Court houses are quite often out of bounds for carry, including OC, due to:

SUPREME COURT ADMINISTRATIVE ORDERS

March 27, 2001
Administrative Order 2001-1

SECURITY POLICIES FOR COURT FACILITIES

It appearing that the orderly administration of justice would be best served by prompt action, the following order is given
immediate effect. -snip-
It is ordered that weapons are not permitted in any courtroom, office, or other space used for official court business or by
judicial employees unless the chief judge or other person designated by the chief judge has given prior approval consistent
with the court's written policy.-snip-

Can be read here:

http://courts.michigan.gov/scao/resources/publications/manuals/security/cs_appD3.pdf

Not trying to be nit picky but we have to be careful to know all the nits so we don't get picked by LE for a screw up.

So please ask if you have any doubt about anything any time.

Oh, I understand fully. I most likely will never be in a position where I'll carry, concealed or otherwise, anywhere near a courthouse. Probably will never be at an airport, and the only time I'll be near a school is when my grandkids have a program. I'll probably OC during a bike ride or a long walk. I'm 58, disabled, and need some exercise so in the warmer months will probably OC for comfort.

stainless1911

Banned
Once you get used to carrying everyday, it can be easy to forget that you have a gun on you. Get a traffic ticket, and go to pay it, wham! The criminal just-us system has another non criminal to prosecute.

They prosecute more citizens than criminals every day. If all they did was prosecute criminals, they wouldnt have enough business to cover the operating costs.

Greg T

Yeah, I hear ya. The reason is because the law abiding citizens are the easiest targets.

Greg T

If your using a cell phone the add signature will not show up in the coloum, you need a computer web browser. Once its saved using a computer it will always show up even if you go back to using a phone. Im not sure why this is but thats what I had to in order to get a signature. If you wanna change it you will have to do the samething again. The link provided above also works.

Nope. On a computer, win7 ultimate.

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
Welcome to the party Greg T

OC has become a "everyday thing in MI" almost up there with watching grass grow. And that's just the way we like it ;)

But what the hell here's some excitement ->

[video=youtube;qkyskI13KOs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkyskI13KOs[/video]

GlockIt

OC has become a "everyday thing in MI" almost up there with watching grass grow. And that's just the way we like it ;)

But what the hell here's some excitement ->

[video=youtube;qkyskI13KOs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkyskI13KOs[/video]

Lol. ,Yippie-Ki-Yay*MotherF*c^er

Last edited: