• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Concealed Carry In Your Own Place Of Business

madfrenchie

Hello,

After doing a lot of research on this forum and reading the Maine laws I have come to the following conclusion and would like to make sure I am understanding everything correctly.

1. Am I correct in believing that I am legally allowed to Conceal Carry INSIDE My own house as I walk around.

and

2. Am i correct in believing that I am legally allowed to Conceal Carry INSIDE my own business? I own the Retail Business but I am renting the building space. The renter has no information in the lease about guns, and there are no signs posted around the building. Its basically a strip mall type building, 4 businesses in all, which all have exterior doors.

Tank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

boyscout399

Hello,

After doing a lot of research on this forum and reading the Maine laws I have come to the following conclusion and would like to make sure I am understanding everything correctly.

1. Am I correct in believing that I am legally allowed to Conceal Carry INSIDE My own house as I walk around.

and

2. Am i correct in believing that I am legally allowed to Conceal Carry INSIDE my own business? I own the Retail Business but I am renting the building space. The renter has no information in the lease about guns, and there are no signs posted around the building. Its basically a strip mall type building, 4 businesses in all, which all have exterior doors.

Tank you.

If you have a concealed carry permit, then yes. If you do not have a concealed carry permit then, since Title 25 Sec 2001-A does not have any exceptions for private property, you would not be allowed to carry concealed.

davidmcbeth

Banned
If you have a concealed carry permit, then yes. If you do not have a concealed carry permit then, since Title 25 Sec 2001-A does not have any exceptions for private property, you would not be allowed to carry concealed.

Really? I did read the section but I would question how they can have jurisdiction inside your house? Its looney if they do.

Ballistic Otters

Are you allowed to have meth in your house? Are you allowed to grow pot in your house? Of course they have Jurisdiction.

You can drive a car on private property without a license, no?

Anyway, as the law is worded, it would be illegal to CC on private property (but difficult to enforce). A business, however, is not entirely private property. The public has access to it, and current case law makes it look like you don't have the same rights in your business as your home.