• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

why are perfectly legitimate posts being deleted????

mikestilly

What's going on here? Moderator gustapos in here. Post a msg for Michigan it ends up in no man's land. They don't agree with a post, locked deleted, flamed.

Last edited:

Shadow Bear

Michigan Moderator
What's going on here? Moderator gustapos in here. Post a msg for Michigan it ends up in no man's land. They don't agree with a post, locked deleted, flamed.

Do you have any specifics? I don't see where any of your posts have been deleted.

There were a number of posts that allegedly were posted by a banned person that needed to be re-posted. No real problem.

Local moderators cannot ban anyone; only the Administrators.

Of course, the Administrators may have an issue with someone calling the moderators vile names and accusing them of improper behavior...

Since the moderators cannot do what you accuse them of, you just declared the owner of OCDO to be a member of the Gestapo, and accused him of nefarious behavior.

Good luck with that.....

davidmcbeth

Banned
I think mike is referring t o this thread, which I reported:

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...-line-between-gun-free-and-gun-friendly-zones

I suggested the moderators move it to General Discussion because it wasn't Michigan Specific. I also suggested the post be cropped to not violate copyright.

Both of my suggestions were taken.

Why not just note this to the poster instead of the moderators? You caused confusion to the poster and animosity...and its just the civil thing to do IMO.

TheQ

Why not just note this to the poster instead of the moderators? You caused confusion to the poster and animosity...and its just the civil thing to do IMO.

In the Michigan forum, in the past, we have been told to use the report functionality instead of posting about it -- that's what I did.

I would have thought when a mod moved it he would have included a "Thread Moved" pointer thread like we do on MOC and they do on MGO -- guess he opted not to.

I stand by what I did and I'd do it again -- unless John (who has instructed us how to handle this) tells us otherwise. Thanks for your thoughts though.

davidmcbeth

Banned
In the Michigan forum, in the past, we have been told to use the report functionality instead of posting about it -- that's what I did.

I would have thought when a mod moved it he would have included a "Thread Moved" pointer thread like we do on MOC and they do on MGO -- guess he opted not to.

I stand by what I did and I'd do it again -- unless John (who has instructed us how to handle this) tells us otherwise. Thanks for your thoughts though.

Well you can see the result ... and do you do everything John tells you? If John told you to jump off a bridge, would you do it? No mom.....lol

Shadow Bear

Michigan Moderator
Well you can see the result ... and do you do everything John tells you? If John told you to jump off a bridge, would you do it? No mom.....lol

John's forum, John's rules, period.

BTW, Michigan Mods can't move threads out of the Michigan sub-forum.

Again, you seem to have a problem with John's rules & actions; why persist?

davidmcbeth

Banned
John's forum, John's rules, period.

BTW, Michigan Mods can't move threads out of the Michigan sub-forum.

Again, you seem to have a problem with John's rules & actions; why persist?

I don't have a problem with the rules .. but a little civility goes a long way ...

Q could have just PMed the poster too, right?

TheQ

I don't have a problem with the rules .. but a little civility goes a long way ...

The poster and I clearly don't get along… The last time I sent him a private message I ended up questioning the honor of his ex-wife.

Assuming that I sent him a private message, he would probably just ignore it. Like I said, I was expecting that John would post a redirection link. Clearly, he decided not to do this. That isn't my problem.

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
The poster and I clearly don't get along… The last time I sent him a private message I ended up questioning the honor of his ex-wife.

Oh my ..... this thread is getting to be a soap opera .... I'm running away

Last edited:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Butthurt guy from Michigan asks a question. Two guys from Michigan post responses that pretty much answer the question. Guy from Connecticutt steps in and stirs the pot (one of his documented favorite activities) and then announces he is leaving the soap opera he pretty much created all on his own. Guy from Virginia sees the thread on the right-hand "recent" column, reads it, and throws his two cents in for the heck of it.

Have I missed anything?

BTW - I agree that there should be a "moved" avatar on posts that get moved, as well as some sort of explanation why the thread was moved. Someone that cares needs to talk to John about that.

stay safe.

FreeInAZ

Mike, somewhere there is a village looking for you frantically. Seriously you are free to do what you "do do". However - have you ever stopped to think why you have so many issues with people? You don't like MOC fine. You start UFO which appears to be a dud, fine. Get over it and help not hinder please. In your case everytime you go to post ...don't, altleast for a day until you have had time to think of the turmoil and crap that it will start and are you doing more harm than good. From what I've seen it's usually the more harm case. :(

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
Mikestilly asked a very simple question. Then a person responds "I reported it"; then the same person brings up a pm from long ago. Both responses were totally unnecessary. Mikestilly didn't act the part of the poor wounded individual... why act like he was "butt hurt" one in this thread?

Last edited:

FreeInAZ

Mikestilly asked a very simple question. Then a person responds "I reported it"; then the same person brings up a pm from long ago. Both responses were totally unnecessary. Mikestilly didn't act the part of the poor wounded individual... why act like he was "butt hurt" one in this thread?

Fair point Doc. My post was an observation of the OP's behavior in general. Your observation is accurate in my opinion. People - if we can't even stop all the pettiness here, that is exactly how we will be seen by the rest of the world. Being viewed as petty little people is not something we should strive for, correct? :confused:

Last edited:

Ezerharden

Problem is that with some individuals (not naming names) the extending of civility is rarely reciprocated, rather it is met with hostility and sarcasm.

Last edited:

mastiff69

I used to come to this site, & go to almost all open carry meet & greet's, now I rarely go to Open carry events.

I have found that their is way to much Male hormones,
too little common civility,
& people who are arrogant/ ignorant, who believe that they are the only one that is right !
People that will not take a suggestion or advise, are on a collision coarse for destruction,

***Their are good people on here who are Inteligent, sharp, seasoned, well versed in the law, & respected. ***

And the sad part is that, I support all carry, & i feel this way about the groups out here, You should be wondering how people sitting on the fence view pro firearm groups.

This Damn infighting, belittling, etc... is why most pro firearm supporters don't want to get involved with gun groups...
This posting has been one attack after another ! for the most part, Hmmm?

Now I spend most of my time, prepping for a time when things will be worse, & less of everthing, :)

Shadow Bear

Michigan Moderator
I used to come to this site, & go to almost all open carry meet & greet's, now I rarely go to Open carry events.

I have found that their is way to much Male hormones,
too little common civility,
& people who are arrogant/ ignorant, who believe that they are the only one that is right !
People that will not take a suggestion or advise, are on a collision coarse for destruction,

***Their are good people on here who are Inteligent, sharp, seasoned, well versed in the law, & respected. ***

And the sad part is that, I support all carry, & i feel this way about the groups out here, You should be wondering how people sitting on the fence view pro firearm groups.

This Damn infighting, belittling, etc... is why most pro firearm supporters don't want to get involved with gun groups...
This posting has been one attack after another ! for the most part, Hmmm?

Now I spend most of my time, prepping for a time when things will be worse, & less of everthing, :)

As with ANY organization or movement, it tends to attract a 'fringe element' of emotionally unstable people that delight in creating havoc.

Personally, I enjoy a reasoned, rational, intellectual debate on the merits of some aspect of the movement. It is through these that we grow as an organization. Unfortunately, it is difficult (at a local level, at least) to weed out the bad actors who seek to create strife and division with the group.

I suspect many may actually be 'false flag' attacks. Since most here are people of honor, with a solid work ethic, it would seem reasonable to assume that some attack because those very facets of our personality are dangerous to those who look to the government for a regular handout.

The victim mentality that pervades our society is antithetical to the concept of true freedom. We believe that freedom comes from paying for our OWN mistakes, benefiting from our accomplishments, and not blaming our shortcomings of anyone or anything except OURSELVES.

LET FREEDOM RING!

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
I think mike is referring t o this thread, which I reported:

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...-line-between-gun-free-and-gun-friendly-zones

I suggested the moderators move it to General Discussion because it wasn't Michigan Specific. I also suggested the post be cropped to not violate copyright.

Both of my suggestions were taken.

I did move the post and change it to a fair-use excerpt. I generally leave a redirect thread that expires after a few hours or days (depending on how old the thread is).

I am sorry if that was confusing but I am not sure why that caused such concern?

Mike ... If you have any other issues, drop me a PM and I will look into what happened.

Thanks.

John