• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bars

Puddin99

Campaign Veteran
There is nothing in Oregon's statutes stating the one cannot carry a firearm into a place that sells alcohol. Of course the tresspass law always applies.

This also varies from state to state. WA for example lets you carry a firearm into a establishment that serves alcohol that does not restrict access to minors. So if there are minors that are not allowed, neither are your gun. Other states have 51% rules. If their revenue from alcohol is more than food, then you cannot carry.

45 Fan

Newport OR, The Tavern, Apollo, Szabbos, Moby Dicks and Rogue - Had my XD Compact 45 on my hip and XDs in my pocket

Mattimusmaximus

I go into Buffalo Wild Wings a lot to pick up orders and sometime to sit and have a beer since I live pretty much across the street. No one has ever commented on my 1911

-Matt of Hillsboro OR-

JohnM15A

Our Buffalo Wild Wings here is Woodbride, VA have the dreaded sign banning firearms. They even had the gall to tell 8 plain clothed police to leave. Later they had to walk that back after the community outrage. I avoid the place like the plague.

I would think that if you had a beer every day then it probably would not affect your judgement but maybe a bit on reaction time...

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Ok I realize that alcohol and guns aren't a good mix. I've heard mixed reviews on if you can carry in a place that serves alcohol. Thanks in advance.
Yep - guns and alcohol aren't a good mix.....strips the lubrication right off them :p

Seriously folks, this is just another OMG, scary, anti, ol' wives tale, blood in the street argument.

VA has no "bars". To serve alcohol a business must serve meals as it's primary revenue source; therefor all are restaurants. Until a couple of years ago no establishment in VA could allow CC if alcohol was on the menu, but OC was fine. Now CC is OK if you don't drink, but one can indulge if they OC. LEOs and Commonwealth Attorneys can drink no matter how they carry. Net negative effect of the change in the law? - nada, zip. Employees can be authorized to carry by the business owner.

BTW - who gets robbed and employees or customers shot? Fast food establishments where guns are not routinely present. Guns on the hips of LAC are the best protection against crime whether alcohol is served or not.....not the cause thereof.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I open carry into bars all the time. Its all about knowing what your limit is.
Does knowing your limit change if you CC? Only thing that changes IMO is that others won't know/see that you are carrying - doesn't change anything of import.

One either conducts themselves responsibly or not. Criminals prefer to hide their tools. A properly holstered handgun is a great indicator of a LAC who will conduct him/herself within the moral tenants of our society.

We-the-People

There is nothing in Oregon's statutes stating the one cannot carry a firearm into a place that sells alcohol. Of course the tresspass law always applies.

This also varies from state to state. WA for example lets you carry a firearm into a establishment that serves alcohol that does not restrict access to minors. So if there are minors that are not allowed, neither are your gun. Other states have 51% rules. If their revenue from alcohol is more than food, then you cannot carry.

To take your statement further, there is nothing in Oregon law prohibiting being flat out caca (for the censor software) faced and carrying. Probably not the brightest thing to do and probably not a good image to present, but it's legal.

Sethrotull

To take your statement further, there is nothing in Oregon law prohibiting being flat out caca (for the censor software) faced and carrying. Probably not the brightest thing to do and probably not a good image to present, but it's legal.

Yep 100% legal. It is if you have to use that firearm while drunk you might have issues.

In Oregon that is.

45 Fan

I am generally of the opinion that if i am carrying my sidearm(oc or cc); just dont drink alcohol...go, eat with friends, hang out, but put the gun away before alcohol...its like DUI, except FUI; so drink responsible when carrying...