• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Senator Chris Murphy (D-Conn.) said gun rights are not “God-given”

CT Barfly

Exactly which God is he referring to, specifically?:question:

Last I checked, God hadn't signed the Constitution...so I suppose he might be factually correct.

HPmatt

Looks like he continues to do the people's work.

Murphy specifically took aim at those in Congress who have been critical of gun-free zones and have sought ways to allow citizens to arm themselves for self-defense in such zones. Murphy said, "It's complicity when in the face of increased shootings on public property, some in Congress want to make it easier to bring guns on public property."
According to CBS News, Murphy also said Congress was "exacerbating" the "problem of gun violence" by debating rules to allow "people to bring guns onto post office grounds."

So you create GFZ, lots of people get killed & shot, then you say the logical step to curb future gun violence is actually going to increase it?
Did these genius flunk his logic theory class in college? Or was it one where they had grade inflation?

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Govern...rges-Congress-With-Complicity-In-Gun-Violence

Can any CT voters tell me he has a primary challenger with a chance? Please?