• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Don't be this guy

bebop4one

http://youtu.be/lProu44wcKc

This video comes to us from Monroe. I'm all for open carry but this guy has an agenda to get noticed. An AR on his back and two pistols holstered. It's not that he doesn't have the right to do it, but looking for confrontation is going overboard. The paranoia doesn't help either :rolleyes:

Fallschirjmäger

I'm all for open carry but this guy has an agenda to get noticed.
And 'agenda's are bad because ...?
xeOc4LY.jpg

Last edited:

Primus

"Stupid dip **** citizens" nice.... he seems to hate everyone. And they use Lincolns as unmarked cars up there? Must have money....

That was a weak "ambush" they laid for him.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Fallschirjmäger

American colonists protested the Stamp Act because they had an agenda
Women breastfed in public in New York because they had an agenda
Black men and women ate at lunch counters in the South because they had an agenda
Gay couples helds hand in public because they had an agenda
Students protested the Viet Nam way because they had an agenda

Coca Cola and Pepsi advertise their products because they have an agenda

So, I have to ask... what's the beef with agendas?

Last edited:

bebop4one

"Stupid dip **** citizens" nice.... he seems to hate everyone. And they use Lincolns as unmarked cars up there? Must have money....

That was a weak "ambush" they laid for him.

I certainly have to agree with you, Primus. Very negative, criticizes citizens, criticizes law enforcement. It was hilarious to see that nobody even bothered him except for one cop who asked how he was doing and another cop who asked him what he was doing.

If the poster of this video is on OCDO (and I'm almost certain he is) then no offense pal. This just seems to be over the top. Nothing wrong with an agenda, but trying to draw unneeded attention to yourself doesn't make sense to me.

Primus

Black men and women ate at lunch counters in the South because they had an agenda

Falls I agree nothing wrong with an agenda. Its how you get stuff done. For example.... normalizing people to the everyday carry of firearms. Great agenda.

But to carry an Ar a thigh rig and a concealed pistol while walking along a very busy road into a shopping center (area) is kind of like making a baby in public in new York. Or gay couples having sex to promote their agenda in public.

This guy KNEW he was causing his fellow citizens to call the police. Its why he kept repeatedly calling calling them stupid.

Also.. is carrying 3 guns and a "survival" stick into heavily populated areas along very busy streets normal? Even to pro gun guys?

If he was on a trail with the rifle and stick sure seems normal and relevant to the activity.

If your activity knowing alarms other citizens and you are so paranoid you won't cross the street for dead of being "ambushed" then how are you normalizing anything? Even the other citizens he stopped and talked to were like "wtf with all the guns dude". And his response wasn't very warming either.

Each to his own.

golddigger14s

Activist Member
Crappy video of mostly the ground posted three years ago. Some one who goes out with a video camera trying to incite a confrontation is just an attention ***** who does almost as much damage to the OC movement as an actual shooting. The majority of us carry when out conducting our regular everyday activities. This guy is out only for the reason of confrontation. These are the type of people that the CC only crowd always use as an example of us "crazy" OC'ers. These are the type of people that cause businesses like Starbucks to ask us to stay away.

FrayedString

Based on the youtube account name, I'm fairly certain the video poster is a member of these boards.

His method of carry would not suit me, I'd never be able to get an AR-15 off of my back quick enough to react to an imminent threat. However, he's not breaking any laws; why do we need to jump all over him for carrying differently than we would carry? Could it hurt "the cause?" Maybe, but why does that give any of us the right to tell him how he should carry? What about when {group of people} doesn't want us to carry holstered pistols at {specific location}? We don't listen to them (unless they're an authorized agent of said location and it's private property), so why should we expect him to have to listen to us?

Everyone has to make their own decisions on how they're going to carry, attacking each other because we disagree with one another's carry choice doesn't help "the cause" either.

Last edited:

Primus

Based on the youtube account name, I'm fairly certain the video poster is a member of these boards.

His method of carry would not suit me, I'd never be able to get an AR-15 off of my back quick enough to react to an imminent threat. However, he's not breaking any laws; why do we need to jump all over him for carrying differently than we would carry? Could it hurt "the cause?" Maybe, but why does that give any of us the right to tell him how he should carry? What about when {group of people} doesn't want us to carry holstered pistols at {specific location}? We don't listen to them (unless they're an authorized agent of said location and it's private property), so why should we expect him to have to listen to us?

Everyone has to make their own decisions on how they're going to carry, attacking each other because we disagree with one another's carry choice doesn't help "the cause" either.

I can only speak for myself when I say nothing I've said was meant to be an attack either personal or otherwise. As I said to each his own. Its certainly his right and prerogative to choose however and whenever he carries. As someone else put it its perfectly fine to have an agenda. Just sometimes your agenda may cause problems with a larger agenda that's all.

He nor anyone else was hurt or arrested so good on him in that aspect.

Fallschirjmäger

Sorry guys, that's the way 'normalization' works.
April 20, 2012 - Large groups of young people 'toke it up in public' despite the threat of 6-month/$750 fines.
Two years later, Colorado legalizes medical marijuana.
cuboulder420-screen.jpg

Normalization - "At least they're only doing it in their homes, not out in public."

Two dozen women "look for a confrontation" by exposing their boobs and breastfeed their children in the lobby of a major metropolitan airport to protest one airline's policy.
breastfeeding_protest.jpg

Normalization - "It's only one woman,and it's only a boob. Perfectly natural part of life."

The early 60's, a dozen young black men "looking for a confrontation" totally occupy the lunch counter at a store.
civil_rights_sit-in_demonstration_on_feb_9_1960_black_students_protested_with_a_sit-in_at_woolw_9K3330.jpg

Normalization - Black men and women are free to eat where they please in any restaurant today.

Last edited:

OC for ME

"Proper" and respectful use of the King's English goes along way towards communicating your position regardless of your attire and accoutrements. His manner of carry is certainly provocative and certainly not what I would do. Back in my neck of the woods we referred to these fellas as characters. As long as characters remain harmless we should simple think to our selves; "poor thing", he means well.

bebop4one

Hi Falls, I certainly understand what you're saying. And you're right, maybe I should rephrase that. Agendas are a good thing in general. I just wonder if in this case the intent to have a confrontation with police is going above and beyond. The guy obviously has balls whereas I admittedly haven't OC'd anywhere yet but hiking trails. I'm not questioning his right to do what he's doing. Maybe it's the shaky camera, the overall negative attitude, the paranoia concerning "ambushes", and the intent of having a confrontation that rubs me the wrong way. This isn't normalizing open carry.

sudden valley gunner

Old video. This one ended up as a non copfrontation.

If I remember right these actions in this video were done because of previous copfrontations.

Monroe is smaller town were I doubt carrying guns raises too much alarm.

Fuller Malarkey

SNIPPED

The guy obviously has balls whereas I admittedly haven't OC'd anywhere yet but hiking trails. I'm not questioning his right to do what he's doing. Maybe it's the shaky camera, the overall negative attitude, the paranoia concerning "ambushes", and the intent of having a confrontation that rubs me the wrong way. This isn't normalizing open carry.

You haven't opened carried except hiking. Why is that? You fear squirrels but trust all of mankind? I suspect the reason might be that if as many limited accountability police surrounded you, watching you like a deer hunter from a blind, each picturing themselves winning the locker room killing pool, you'd pee yourself and dive into a storm sewer squealing like a 12 year old girl.

As far as the paranoia, read the above. Everything the open carrier was doing was legal. The presence of that many police might indicate to passing citizens otherwise. Who's at fault for that? You would assign responsibility to someone being victimized [yes, intimidation into relinquishing your rights is a victimization] for the perpetuation of a stigma?

Maybe you should look up the "hide your firearm to keep the right to keep your firearm" thread.

It had us all hugging and singing Kumbaya by the fourth post.

bebop4one

You haven't opened carried except hiking. Why is that? You fear squirrels but trust all of mankind? I suspect the reason might be that if as many limited accountability police surrounded you, watching you like a deer hunter from a blind, each picturing themselves winning the locker room killing pool, you'd pee yourself and dive into a storm sewer squealing like a 12 year old girl.

As far as the paranoia, read the above. Everything the open carrier was doing was legal. The presence of that many police might indicate to passing citizens otherwise. Who's at fault for that? You would assign responsibility to someone being victimized [yes, intimidation into relinquishing your rights is a victimization] for the perpetuation of a stigma?

Maybe you should look up the "hide your firearm to keep the right to keep your firearm" thread.

It had us all hugging and singing Kumbaya by the fourth post.

You ok big guy? Wanna talk about it?

Fuller Malarkey

I can only speak for myself when I say nothing I've said was meant to be an attack either personal or otherwise. As I said to each his own. Its certainly his right and prerogative to choose however and whenever he carries. As someone else put it its perfectly fine to have an agenda. Just sometimes your agenda may cause problems with a larger agenda that's all.

He nor anyone else was hurt or arrested so good on him in that aspect.

It seems this poster has forgotten to add that in the spirit of full disclosure, this poster doesn't open carry, although it is legal in the state he claims to frequent.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...ive-response&p=1999971&viewfull=1#post1999971

I suspect he knows first hand what to expect if one should violate the blue clad gang turf rules by open carrying.

Primus

It seems this poster has forgotten to add that in the spirit of full disclosure, this poster doesn't open carry, although it is legal in the state he claims to frequent.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...ive-response&p=1999971&viewfull=1#post1999971

I suspect he knows first hand what to expect if one should violate the blue clad gang turf rules by open carrying.

I don't need to disclose anything I have my favorite little cheerleader to do it for me..... fetch boy