• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What really happened in vancouver last spring

spikeXD45

Hello my name is Kurk Kirby and I owe you all, though especially go-go and m1, an explanation of my actions on both the day this all began and the day it ended for me. Let me begin by saying the both of you (gogo, M1) you have my sincerest thanks and gratitude for everything that u did. Thank you. OK to business this is what really happened. On the day in question (sorry I have a flair for the dramatic lol) the offending party (Me in case anybody has gotten bored already) did commit the offence of removing his jacket on a hot day, exposing his fire arm. That’s all I did. Oh and buy charcoal for a bbq I never got to have. That was it the rest is pretty well know the primary witness (I’m not allowed to use his name for fear of harassment charges lol) from his mighty perch in his karate dojo became disturbed by the mere sight of this act did call the police and said offending party was sighted.

Ok that said here is how the rest of the last six months went. after the first court day I was offered a deferment agreement that required me to swear to primary witnesses statements (the Wyatt Earping and eye balling BS) take an NRA cert safety class and forfeiture of my weapon (I loved the XP pistol bit oh and to settle the score I was caring 36 rounds one short in each mag reporters can’t get anything right the first time lol) and pay a bigger fine. Thank to some great PI investigation into the primary witnesses background gave us some superb incite on his character and prior military record (didn’t look pretty I’ll tell you what and he's teach'n children OMGlol) so we of course declined this deal and returned one of our own and several motions to dismiss. Then came the unfortunate events of josh's case. And directly after they offered me back my basic deal plus a smallish fine. I didn’t have to agree to the primary witness’s allegations I had to agree that I scared someone and there by broke the law. I didn’t get the deferment time we wanted (6 months as opposed to a year) or time to get my firearm back (immediate to a year). And I didn’t have to take a NRA cert class (saves some $$$ there). Not too bad all things considered. Now the reasons I took the deal. MY FAMILY sums it up in two words. I like that LOL. With the things I deal with on a day to day basis with my son there is no room for me to be locked up (not to mention the absolute waste of 2.5 years on a criminal justice degree LOLLOL). As for me I am a law abiding gun owner that up to this point had a clean record. (Well except for my discharge from the navy for arguing with a Senior Chief oops LOL) so I guess that is it Thank you all again for all your ideas that I took from the boards secretly (shh don’t tell anybody LOL). If anyone has questions I will answer them all to the best that I can over the next few days months years whatever. I owe you all that much at least. Thank you again
Kirby

Deleted_User

I don't judge and look forward to coming down to Vancouver to meet you someday. Family MUST COME FIRST! Always! You did what you had to, and I will be the LAST person to tell you that you were wrong.

amzbrady

Can you fight this on the sidelines and get the charges reversed later? Maybe through embarrasing the courts through the media, and through our political leaders. The sentence has been passed, but if you could get this expunged at a later date that would benifit you.

spikeXD45

i do feel bad about not being able to attend the bbq at ester shore park. Chris had to put his foot on my back to do it. strick radio silence LOLLOL. but i have been snooping threw the boards alot since this started.

Batousaii

Glad to hear from you

- I am sorry the libby courts played this past the constitution. I think it's a bad rap, and i am sincerely sorry you had to deal with it. Sounds like the Vancouver political group there is way out of wack, PD, Courts etc. It's a cryin shame. I do however understand fully why you took the rout you did, and agree with Goose, you did what you had to do, and likely what could be afforded, either monetarily, or via ones own hide. I commend you for your efforts. Hopefully the day will come where things like this will be simply tossed out via Constitution and our Bill of Rights.
- On a lighter note, i see it is your Sixth post, so I'll give a Welcome to the Forum.

Bat

spikeXD45

Can you fight this on the sidelines and get the charges reversed later? Maybe through embarrasing the courts through the media, and through our political leaders. The sentence has been passed, but if you could get this expunged at a later date that would benifit you.

in one year it will be dismissed with predjudice. you will be able to see i was charged and that it was dissmised.but there is really nothing to embaress about the courts. they did there job and defended the primary witnesses right to be afraid.

spikeXD45

- I am sorry the libby courts played this past the constitution. I think it's a bad rap, and i am sincerely sorry you had to deal with it. Sounds like the Vancouver political group there is way out of wack, PD, Courts etc. It's a cryin shame. I do however understand fully why you took the rout you did, and agree with Goose, you did what you had to do, and likely what could be afforded, either monetarily, or via ones own hide. I commend you for your efforts. Hopefully the day will come where things like this will be simply tossed out via Constitution and our Bill of Rights.
- On a lighter note, i see it is your Sixth post, so I'll give a Welcome to the Forum.

Bat

thanks for the welcome and I to hope for a day when every LEO knows every law LOLOL

spikeXD45

What is some of the background info you found out about the Karate instructor?

that is the question i was hopeing was asked. there is alot of lies he said but there are a few i can prove lets start with his BCD (bad conduct discharge) from the marine corps. this requires a criminal trial called a courtmartial. and the charge distribution of a controled subsance and conspirace to contribute. there are a few more things but they are really minor. but add it all up he is a grade a dirt bag. and now he is teaching kids. i think thats the part that scares me the most. we where going to chalange his right to own weapons as the offence is concidered a felony in wa though he got lucky in the fact that it is not under the UCMJ otherwise he would have got a dishonerable and never been alowed to evan own a firearm. and he's a liar as can be told from his witness statment. we where going to have fun with him lol. so thats the proveable dirt i had on him.

spikeXD45

that is the question i was hopeing was asked. there is alot of lies he said but there are a few i can prove lets start with his BCD (bad conduct discharge) from the marine corps. this requires a criminal trial called a courtmartial. and the charge distribution of a controled subsance and conspirace to contribute. there are a few more things but they are really minor. but add it all up he is a grade a dirt bag. and now he is teaching kids. i think thats the part that scares me the most. we where going to chalange his right to own weapons as the offence is concidered a felony in wa though he got lucky in the fact that it is not under the UCMJ otherwise he would have got a dishonerable and never been alowed to evan own a firearm. and he's a liar as can be told from his witness statment. we where going to have fun with him lol. so thats the proveable dirt i had on him.

sorry 4 am it was distribution of a controled substance and conspiracy to distribute a controled substance got him 8 months in brig.