• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

2nd Saturday OC Meet - Nov 13th

Bookman

Campaign Veteran
Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
Let's try doing it the same way we did last time. First we meet at Denny's for Breakfast, then on to Starbucks for coffee and chit-chat.

Date: November 13
Time 10:00am

We'll meet at the Denny's again @ 9:00 for breakfast. That seemed to work well.

See you there!

namleatherneck

namleatherneck

I am new to this site, would like to intro myself: Jim I am a WAC mbr I met Dave at the (table) gun show yesterday (Sat)
What time do you meet @ Dennys & also @ Starbucks?? I would like to attend.

Last edited:

Bill Starks

State Researcher
Next meet December 11th in Federal Way

IHOP @ 9am for breakfast
Starbucks @ 10am for coffee (on 348th, same parking lot as Wholesale Sports)

Last edited:

Bookman

Campaign Veteran
Next meet December 11th in Federal Way

Denny's @ 9am for breakfast (corner of 348th & 16th Ave (Enchanted Parkway))
Starbucks @ 10am for coffee (on 348th, same parking lot as Wholesale Sports)

Correction: We'll be meeting at IHOP since the service at that particular Denny's is so bad. I sent a PM to the OP.

Stayed tuned for a message from your sponsor!:lol:

Squeak

I am new to this site, would like to intro myself: Jim I am a WAC mbr I met Dave at the (table) gun show yesterday (Sat)
What time do you meet @ Dennys & also @ Starbucks?? I would like to attend.
Welcome! Rule 1: You must buy the security guard coffee.:banana:

Squeak

Correction: We'll be meeting at IHOP since the service at that particular Denny's is so bad. I sent a PM to the OP.

Stayed tuned for a message from your sponsor!:lol:
Hey Sponsor, which IHOP? The one on Campus PKWY or the one up by 312th or there abouts? Your prompt reply on this matter is greately appreciated. I am looking forward to your answer. I would encourage you reply promptly. I know that others will need this important information. Is this the right thread?:uhoh:

Bookman

Campaign Veteran
Hey Sponsor, which IHOP? The one on Campus PKWY or the one up by 312th or there abouts? Your prompt reply on this matter is greately appreciated. I am looking forward to your answer. I would encourage you reply promptly. I know that others will need this important information. Is this the right thread?:uhoh:

It'll be at 178 SW Campus Drive in Federal WAY. Get off I-5 at 348th cross Pac Hwy and 1st Ave

9:00. Be there or be an equilateral polyhedron.

namleatherneck

namleatherneck

So the next mtng will be at IHOP on west campus drive, then on to Starbucks on 348th on Dec 11? Just want to make sure of the location since this will be my first (and I may be bringing a buddy) mtng. Looking forward to this.
Also I wanted to ask a qwestion: I was reading up on some of the laws & Im woundering if my holster does not have a "Thumb" break will that be trouble?? Can I just tuck the pistol in my waist band??

namleatherneck

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Welcome!

I look forward to meeting you.

So the next mtng will be at IHOP on west campus drive, then on to Starbucks on 348th on Dec 11? Just want to make sure of the location since this will be my first (and I may be bringing a buddy) mtng. Looking forward to this.
Also I wanted to ask a qwestion: I was reading up on some of the laws & Im woundering if my holster does not have a "Thumb" break will that be trouble?? Can I just tuck the pistol in my waist band??

namleatherneck

Yes you have the next time and location correct.

No, you will not be in trouble. there are no laws (RCW) that regulate how a firearm must be carried.

Personally I would NEVER just tuck the pistol in my waistband. It is subject to to much error in accidents (see Plaxico Burres and the guy at the Lowes in Everett earlier this year), and perception by the general public.