• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun Show Reminder - Show Place - Richmond 12/4/10 & 12/5/10

ChiTown

I just wanted to stop by and put a reminder out here for everyone about the gun show in Richmond next weekend at the Show Place on Mechanicsville Turnpike. I will be there on Sunday morning bright and early and will make sure to stop by the VCDL table. See you guys there!!

-Adam

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
From the VCDL members discount page

vcdl_coupon.jpg

curtiswr

If Green Top doesn't get their order of them in this week, I'll be at the show looking for a Ruger Redhawk Alaskan in .454 Casull. I think Trader Jerry's has had them at the last few.

curtiswr

Well so far every dealer I've called in the state doesn't have the Alaskan in .454 ... presumably because people are seeing it as the latest movie gun in Faster and everyone wants to be like The Rock and buy them all up. :mad:

I'll still be at the show looking for one though. Just wanted to gripe a little bit. :mad:

ThunderRanch

Well, first it looked like it would be Sunday at best......not much of a chance to find good ammo by then if past shows are a guide!

Now......SATURDAY is back in the mix..........Git er Done!

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Well so far every dealer I've called in the state doesn't have the Alaskan in .454 ... presumably because people are seeing it as the latest movie gun in Faster and everyone wants to be like The Rock and buy them all up. :mad:

I'll still be at the show looking for one though. Just wanted to gripe a little bit. :mad:

Change of plans. It was so late when we finished the meeting and dinner last night, we stayed in the burbs. I had a lot to do today and made a big dent in it. I have to be in Williamsburg on Sunday so we're going to the show tomorrow. I need to get some N frame speedloaders.

Anyone having breakfast before?

curtiswr

I was gonna get there early so I could snatch up the Alaskan before anyone else did, if there is even one there anywhere. I am getting more and more doubtful that there will be one so I'm willing to meet for breakfast beforehand. Time/place?

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I was gonna get there early so I could snatch up the Alaskan before anyone else did, if there is even one there anywhere. I am getting more and more doubtful that there will be one so I'm willing to meet for breakfast beforehand. Time/place?

I think the show starts at 9:00. Want to meet at River City at 8:00?
That's about as close as we can get without eating with our guns out and cocked.:lol:

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA

Should have come over tonight to help me set up. Then you could have had all the dealers to yourself!