• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A New Friend in the Legislature!

buketdude

He only won by 69 votes..but Christopher Davis (R), a young 24 year old is the new State Rep for East Windsor/Elllington. He sits on the influential (In terms of firearms) Public Safety and Security Committee and will be a great voice for us in Hartford!

Last edited:

KIX

I tried to find info on the proposed legislation on the CAGV website...... but, I find it odd that there is no current information.......

Jonathan

buketdude

Last edited:

Rich B

if/when a bill is introduced on the subject I will contact him about it.

It is my understanding that once it is formed into a bill, we have very little time to react. (Although I admit I don't have a clue here, just going off conversations at meetings)

Shouldn't we be educating these legislators and other people from the start about what the DPS is up to? Seems like we don't need to wait until this becomes a bill to show the history and malicious nature of these ideas. The legislators meet and talk to other legislators all the time. It would not be a bad thing for the word to get around that DPS' power has gone to their head and they are no longer acting in the interest of public safety or within the bounds of common sense and reason.

buketdude

I can mention it to him but we will have plenty of time to contact them before the public hearing..then they still have to vote on it...but 1st see what is even introduced this session...I believe Lawlor was the guy who introduced microstamping and such..he is no longer part of the Legislature...Rep Tong also is also someone to watch to introduce bills.....I am going to website and checking everyday for bills introduced...DPS ususually has someone introduce a ton of crap into 1 bill...that will go in front of the PS&S Committe before going to judiciary committee next I believe...then to house and senate....We will have to see what Malloy does...like Rell he does not like gun owners but I am not sure he will press for more laws...CT is in deep Sh** and I believe he will spend all his time raising taxes..

Last edited:

buketdude

That is why I am worried about a tax on law abiding citizens having a bulge under their sweatshirt.

It's possible..along with your Income Tax, Sales Tax, Gas Tax, Tolls....Dan "The Tax Man" Malloy has promised not to leave "1 paycheck untouched" by Government. Feb 16th I believe his budget plan comes out, in which his finanical raping of anyone who does not work in Goverment will be unveiled....I am glad I am still renting..because New Hampshire looks better and better everyday...

Lenny Benedetto

You are correct in your pedantry. Updated.

Sorry that you find my atention to detail a problem.
If it is your intention to ALARM people to a bill that does not actually exist yet, then please continue along the path of MISINFORMATION.

When and if this bill actually comes up in committee, only time will tell...

Rich B

Sorry that you find my atention to detail a problem.

I am not sure you are reading me correctly. I have not expressed any 'problem' with your 'detail'. That is why I corrected my post as soon as you brought this to my intention. Honest mistakes do happen, and I always appreciate someone correcting me on mine.

If it is your intention to ALARM people to a bill that does not actually exist yet, then please continue along the path of MISINFORMATION.

Obviously my goal was not to spread misinformation, however, I don't think alarm is uncalled for. This doesn't need to become a bill for people to start getting involved and working on it.

You are, as I said previously, 100% correct. It is not yet a bill.

KIX

Wow.......

Can't we all just get along, we have a legislature hell bent on destroying our constitutional rights to deal with.

I'm just sayin'.......

Jonathan

Rich B

I am reading you correctly if you know the meaning of the word "Pedantry"

In most cases it is somewhat meant as a put down.

I don't really think it is productive to argue semantics, and I usually stay away from doing so. However, I agree with Kix's "Can't we all get along?" statement, so allow me to explain my usage of 'pedantry'.

As defined, a 'bill' is 'proposed legislation'. Upcoming means 'approaching: of the relatively near future'. So, yes. We can expect proposed legislation in the relatively near future (likely in January of February from what I know).

As I have indicated, you are correct that it is not currently a bill, in that it has not yet been officially proposed by a legislator, and that it is possible (although not at all likely) it may never make it to a bill. All evidence and conversation I have seen shows quite a bit of legislative support for the proposal.

So again, I fully admit that you are correct, and I corrected my wording to make anyone who felt wronged by my wording feel better. However, this is a very good example of a focus on trivial edges to an issue. A focus that is, in my opinion, not productive. If you take that as insulting, then that surely is your choice because again, I have not made any comment that was meant to be insulting. But please do remember that I sided with your correction of my wording and corrected it. Stating that I am trying to mislead anyone here by using the razor's edge of scrutiny in wording options is hyperbole at best.

Lets try and stay productive and not spend our time questioning people's motives or choice of wording unless there is actually something at stake.

Lenny Benedetto

Yes Rich you fixed your original misleading post and in the process you also put me down for pointing out the fact of what you were doing.

OK so here is my "As defined"

Pedantry:
the habit or an instance of being a pedant, esp in the display of USELESS knowledge or minute observance of PETTY rules or details

"Pedantry" It IS a put down and I DO NOT APPRECIATE IT!

As for all this "Cant we all just get along" Crap. I was not the one that put anyone down you were...by definition!.

Rich B

Yes Rich you fixed your original misleading post and in the process you also put me down for pointing out the fact of what you were doing.

OK so here is my "As defined"

Pedantry:
the habit or an instance of being a pedant, esp in the display of USELESS knowledge or minute observance of PETTY rules or details

"Pedantry" It IS a put down and I DO NOT APPRECIATE IT!

As for all this "Cant we all just get along" Crap. I was not the one that put anyone down you were...by definition!.

I am sorry if you took offense at my choice of wording, but I stand by my use of the word pedantry. Cherry picking a definition of a word and using it to feign outrage isn't going to help anything here.

Lets move on to more productive things.