• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Encounter with security at DMV

tcmech

And Peter, where did you ever come up with the notion of hunting dog hunters from a Bronco? I always thought stands were set higher off the ground.:D

stay safe.

You have obviously not seen how high you can raise a bronco. It's also much better to mount the 50 cal on the roll bar of a mobile platform.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
You have obviously not seen how high you can raise a bronco. It's also much better to mount the 50 cal on the roll bar of a mobile platform.

Think that might be where Peter is going to mount the RPG. :lol:

Jay

Went to DMV in Charlottesville yesterday OC'ing my P229 with the Mrs's. got the car registered and her license done. We were there for almost one hour never saw any security at all.

sidestreet

Yep, but he may have heard it through the grapevine...,

Very nice. It sounds like he has an understanding of why the former security contractor lost its contract.

AKA inservice class, and not from an employer. These things do make the rounds, and the better classes discuss recent events since there is much to be learned from "war stories", and then again, some people never learn no matter how many credentials they hold, no matter how many times they've been told, reminded, had their butts chewed, post reassigned, etc., etc., etc.

I'm willing to give him the "Officer" designation and not the dreaded "Guard" slap, until he proves otherwise unworthy.

sidestreet

Jeremiah 29 v. 11-13

we are not equal, we will never be equal, but we must be relentless.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
--content snipped--Yep, but he may have heard it through the grapevine...,

Been known to use that method of communication myself, with some occasional success. :p

Have never really had any problems at DMV, but one security officer did comment once that "I sure did have a purdy gun."

sidestreet

And I'd have to agree with him Grape...,

as a matter of fact, when we were at RCD last Saturday, I remarked to someone there that the more I saw your 1911, the more I liked it. It truly is a handsome item, you wear it well, and I hope you continue to do so for many, many moons to come!!!

sidestreet

Jeremiah 29 vs 11-13

we are not equal, we will never be equal, but we must be relentless.