• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The world's "most honest" cities? Really? What the HELL is wrong with this study???

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
I'm impressed that so many folks dropped a dollar in the kitty.

Yes, my faith in the human race is not as high as I would wish it to be.

stay safe.

cabledawg

I'm surprised noone took the iPad..............

But I agree that 100% honesty is a rare thing and that maybe there is hope for this country. Wont hold my breath though.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
The only reason no person took the iPad is because of coercion, period!

Reading comprehension less than that of a sea slug!

A custom iPad application was used by undercover observers to collect the data

The iPad was never out in the open to be up for grabs!

I sincerely hope none of you are ever chosen to be on the jury trying the facts of any trial I might be involved in. You folks would conclude from the evidence presented that the Three Little Pigs stole Red Riding Hood's basket of goodies when she went to eat porrige at the home of the Three Bears.

stay safe.

Aknazer

While that story is interesting, I don't trust it. There's simply too many potential variables all relating to where the stands were set up, and how those spots compare to the overall city.

HighFlyingA380

I sincerely hope none of you are ever chosen to be on the jury trying the facts of any trial I might be involved in. You folks would conclude from the evidence presented that the Three Little Pigs stole Red Riding Hood's basket of goodies when she went to eat porrige at the home of the Three Bears.

stay safe.
My thoughts exactly.

And the authors of the "study" obviously aren't very scientific about it. Of the multitude of variables, the specific location within the various cities is a major one. Also giving the percentage differences for sex and hair color is well within what standard deviation should be (for a study like this, I would guess close to 10-15%), and thus should not have even been mentioned. IMO, this whole thing was a waste of time, but whatever, they're free to do what they want. just don't claim to have invented a new, revolutionary "national honesty index."

cabledawg

stay safe.

I understand that the iPad was never out in the open. But it's not like these tables magically appeared; what if someone was watching the setup and saw the iPad or at least the cameras/sensors they used for data collection? Probably didnt think of that, did ya?

BTW, it was a rabbit that stole Red's basket of goodies. ;)