• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Somalia vacation spot for the anarchist

WalkingWolf

[video=youtube;7QDv4sYwjO0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QDv4sYwjO0[/video]

Hurry before they form a government and rules and laws.

()pen(arry

I find it amusing that you pretend to be "a Ron Paul supporter", and then, when people call you on your partisan bull****, you fall back on Facebook-style not-clever-just-ignorant mocking, trying to belittle libertarianism. No really, people are taking you more seriously, now. Good work.

WalkingWolf

I find it amusing that you pretend to be "a Ron Paul supporter", and then, when people call you on your partisan bull****, you fall back on Facebook-style not-clever-just-ignorant mocking, trying to belittle libertarianism. No really, people are taking you more seriously, now. Good work.

I am not belittling libertarianism, I am making fun of anarchists. I am no longer a Ron Paul supporter since he decided to buddy up to white supremacists and anarchists. Thanks to some here I did some more research and have found that Paul has some nasty skeletons in his closet. I believe in many of the libertarian ideals, I do not condone hooliganism from anybody.

This was not intended to be a Ron Paul thread, but if that is the way you see it to bad. If you can't take a joke, then you are in for a rough time in life. Seems a lot of anarchists can dish it out, but not take it.

Ca Patriot

Okay you have taken this free speech thing too far. Luckily we have government regulated speech police and you are guilty of being obnoxious.

Report to federal prison for your 12 month re-education program. Paid for by YOU.

Idiot.

WalkingWolf

Okay you have taken this free speech thing too far. Luckily we have government regulated speech police and you are guilty of being obnoxious.

Report to federal prison for your 12 month re-education program. Paid for by YOU.

Idiot.
You didn't need to personally sign your post, but I appreciate your honesty.:eek:

WalkingWolf

David Rovics - I'm A Better Anarchist Than You (Song)

David Rovics - I'm A Better Anarchist Than You (Song)

[video=youtube;lai0ytdCwvo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lai0ytdCwvo[/video]

WalkingWolf

More anarchist entertainment

A Wisconsin Anarchist Reacts to Walker Recall Win

[video=youtube;yJwIAlx5R0s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJwIAlx5R0s[/video]

georg jetson

I am not belittling libertarianism, I am making fun of anarchists. I am no longer a Ron Paul supporter since he decided to buddy up to white supremacists and anarchists. Thanks to some here I did some more research and have found that Paul has some nasty skeletons in his closet. I believe in many of the libertarian ideals, I do not condone hooliganism from anybody.

This was not intended to be a Ron Paul thread, but if that is the way you see it to bad. If you can't take a joke, then you are in for a rough time in life. Seems a lot of anarchists can dish it out, but not take it.

You may have intended to make fun of anarchists... and the video was funny... but libertarianism is far from anarchism. Your video specifically mentions libertarianism. What does that have to do with anarchism? It appears to me the author of the video has a bit of talent for comedy, but is absolutely ignorant about what it means to be libertarian.

WalkingWolf

You may have intended to make fun of anarchists... and the video was funny... but libertarianism is far from anarchism. Your video specifically mentions libertarianism. What does that have to do with anarchism? It appears to me the author of the video has a bit of talent for comedy, but is absolutely ignorant about what it means to be libertarian.

This is one of the problems with libertarians not distancing themselves from anarchists. The video was probably made by a progressive, but it has two points, libertarians are mistaken for anarchists who do hide under the libertarian flag. Most of the crazies are not real libertarians because anarchist believe in no government and mob rule. The libertarians I know believe in the constitution. Libertarians are also not republicans and have no business trying to infiltrate the republican structure, then try to assert their authority and change republicans. It would be as stupid as having Hillary running as a libertarian. The libertarians have a party they should use it.

georg jetson

This is one of the problems with libertarians not distancing themselves from anarchists. The video was probably made by a progressive, but it has two points, libertarians are mistaken for anarchists who do hide under the libertarian flag.

And how exactly do we "distance" ourselves? By what form of media do we do this? Which network will be interviewing Gary Johnson this evening to give him a chance to set the record straight? No.. the libertarian party is relying on well informed and motivated citizens to determine why the libertarian party is the best choice in all levels of government. Those that won't/don't think for themselves will never come to understand the libertarian platform and therefore any such "distancing", even if well executed, falls on deaf ears.

Most of the crazies are not real libertarians because anarchist believe in no government and mob rule. The libertarians I know believe in the constitution. Libertarians are also not republicans and have no business trying to infiltrate the republican structure, then try to assert their authority and change republicans. It would be as stupid as having Hillary running as a libertarian. The libertarians have a party they should use it.

We will.

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

Is Gary Johnson a libertarian, or is he a republican running on the libertarian ticket? Was he a libertarian as NM governor, who ran as a republican? It seems that the the libertarian party has identity issues, and yes Johnson had a chance to straighten some of these out on the Daily Show, which when done left even more confusion. For the libertarian party to be taken seriously they need to take responsibility for their problems and resolve them with blaming the other parties. Running libertarians on either R or D tickets and blaming the other parties is poor marketing of the libertarian brand.

Ca Patriot

There is absolutley nothing in common between anarchists and libertarians. Anyone who even attempts to draw those comparisons is an idiot at best and a dishonest idiot at worst.

WalkingWolf

There is absolutley nothing in common between anarchists and libertarians. Anyone who even attempts to draw those comparisons is an idiot at best and a dishonest idiot at worst.
"Many people concerned about the erosion of individual rights (otherwise known as Libertarians) find themselves working along side people who claim to advocate liberty, yet who seek the establishment of what has been called anarchocapitalism. This article will examine anarchocapitalism in order to show that the arguments made for it are false, that anarchy would achieve the opposite of man's rights, and that anarchocapitalist ideas can only sabotage and destroy the true movement toward liberty. The result of this association is that Libertarians and their political party have been corrupted by fringe groups whose only goals are to move into the mainstream by means of the concept of freedom. This approach has only worked to the detriment of rights-advocating Libertarians and has enabled the enemies of freedom (that control the media) to relegate them to the fringes. "

Anarchy, Liberty and the Libertarian Party

By

Roberto Diego

http://www.insmkt.com/liberty.htm
--------------------------------------
The true dishonesty and ignorance is a anarchist claiming to be a libertarian. Anarchists commonly resort to name calling particularly calling others with opposite opinions "idiot" or "Stupid" in fact there are many too many to post comic parodies with the typical anarchist name calling when confronted with facts. They serve no good purpose to the libertarian party, why true libertarians put up with it is baffling to say the least. Not only are anarchist the laughing stock of the political community, they have made the libertarian party less viable as seen by my opening video.

()pen(arry

The libertarians I know believe in the constitution.

No. They believe in liberty. They may also believe the Constitution of the United States prescribes a government suitably designed so as to preserve liberty, but not necessarily. In fact, it's not all that common. More likely, they simply believe that the government of the Constitution is less liberty-threatening than the government of today. Even that, however, is far from universal among libertarians.

You've spent a couple threads trying to make a token nod to principles you only pretend to endorse because they're popular among the more rational members of this forum, while simultaneously trying to defend and endorse supporting the Republican party and its nominee. You should understand that the people who actually hold said principles are discerning enough to see through the ruse.

WalkingWolf

No. They believe in liberty. They may also believe the Constitution of the United States prescribes a government suitably designed so as to preserve liberty, but not necessarily. In fact, it's not all that common. More likely, they simply believe that the government of the Constitution is less liberty-threatening than the government of today. Even that, however, is far from universal among libertarians.

You've spent a couple threads trying to make a token nod to principles you only pretend to endorse because they're popular among the more rational members of this forum, while simultaneously trying to defend and endorse supporting the Republican party and its nominee. You should understand that the people who actually hold said principles are discerning enough to see through the ruse.

What are you a mind reader? You do not know jack caca about my principles. Why is it a small portion of people who claim to be libertarian spend their time acting like anarchists? And how bright is that considering that Johnson tells Stewart that actually looking for republican and democrat votes? Keep with the name calling, insults, and dumb assumptions and see how that works for Johnson. Maybe some of you should actually listen to your candidate, and stop running people away from your candidate.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/tue-june-5-2012/gary-johnson

You might want to read your party platform since it references the constitution or rights from the constitution several times. But in the good news column Samalia has all the liberty one could wish for.

Last edited:

twoskinsonemanns

You may have intended to make fun of anarchists... and the video was funny... but libertarianism is far from anarchism..

This is an argument you just can't win. These are the people that believe (incredibly!) that either Romney or Obama in the WH is what our country needs. They know that libertarianism is not anarchy. But any resistance to the totalitarianism paradise they are trying to build must be vilified.

twoskinsonemanns

Is Gary Johnson a libertarian, or is he a republican running on the libertarian ticket? Was he a libertarian as NM governor, who ran as a republican? It seems that the the libertarian party has identity issues, and yes Johnson had a chance to straighten some of these out on the Daily Show, which when done left even more confusion. For the libertarian party to be taken seriously they need to take responsibility for their problems and resolve them with blaming the other parties. Running libertarians on either R or D tickets and blaming the other parties is poor marketing of the libertarian brand.

It's too bad people like you make up the majority of the country, so worried about the brand. So worried about the letter next to the name.
If people would vote for the man and not what ever limp-dick their party puts up no matter what, we might not be in this position.

WalkingWolf

This is an argument you just can't win. These are the people that believe (incredibly!) that either Romney or Obama in the WH is what our country needs. They know that libertarianism is not anarchy. But any resistance to the totalitarianism paradise they are trying to build must be vilified.

Well unless somebody can convince republicans and democrats to vote for Johnson it is going to be either Romney or Obama. Calling people stupid for some reason I don't think it is going to convince anybody to vote for Johnson. Seems kinda counter productive to me, but hey.