• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Somalia vacation spot for the anarchist

WalkingWolf

I may or may not think people who are going to vote for Obamney are inclredibly stupid. Either way I never said that.

I didn't say you did, but nonetheless there have been, and in this very thread, those calling others names in the name of the libertarian party. The question is to sane libertarians is how is that going to help the party let alone the candidate. I have no problem in those that vote for Obama, Romney or Johnson. But the thought that a person would be called or even think they are stupid for exercising their privilege of voting be called stupid. It is the epitome of ignorance, it is why the Libertarian party has not advanced.

()pen(arry

What are you a mind reader? You do not know jack caca about my principles.

I know an awful lot about your principles, by reading what you write. Observant, rational people know a lot about the principles of candidates by reading what they write, listening to what they say, and observing their actions. These people also know there isn't an ounce of actual liberty-loving, or even conservative, principle in Mitt Romney.

The Internet may be semi-anonymous, but what you say is still said, and I can still take the measure of you as a person, whoever you might be.

Why is it a small portion of people who claim to be libertarian spend their time acting like anarchists?

Now you're acknowledging that anarchists represent a small subset of self-identified libertarians. So what are you on about?

*stuff about the Libertarian Party*

libertarian != Libertarian. Many self-identified libertarians are members of the Libertarian Party. Many self-identified libertarians are members of the Republican or Democratic Parties. Then there are a hell of a lot of self-identified libertarians who don't saddle themselves with any party affiliation. That you still can't fathom the distinction between libertarian and Libertarian is yet further demonstration of your willing subservience to Party over Principle.

twoskinsonemanns

I didn't say you did, but nonetheless there have been, and in this very thread, those calling others names in the name of the libertarian party. The question is to sane libertarians is how is that going to help the party let alone the candidate. I have no problem in those that vote for Obama, Romney or Johnson. But the thought that a person would be called or even think they are stupid for exercising their privilege of voting be called stupid. It is the epitome of ignorance, it is why the Libertarian party has not advanced.

Ok. You quoted me when you said it so I assumed you meant me. My bad.
Also I am not trying to advance any party. I don't give a second thought to parties. I am also not trying to convince people to vote one way or the other. It's pretty simple. People who allow themselves to believe whatever BS their news channel of choice feeds them will vote the way said news channel tells them to. They are manipulated into propagating the current trend of government growth and an eventual totalitarianism regime. People who are sick of Big Government and want to regain freedom will eventually find Johnson. Hopefully enough people wake up one day to recover this nose dive we are in.

Because even though the TV is trying to tell you our biggest threat is ***** getting married and crooked capitalists driving up the price of grammas’ medicine.... The truth is the biggest threat to our freedom is a 16T debt and a government that grows every year. A catastrophe is on the horizon and the incredibly irrelevant differences between Obamney and Robama don't mean dick compared to what their fiscal monstrosities will bring.

twoskinsonemanns

That you still can't fathom the distinction between libertarian and Libertarian is yet further demonstration of your willing subservience to Party over Principle.

This is a great success of those who wish to control the populous by maintaining the current system. Brand brand brand. Which letter do your vote? Most people are going to vote their letter no matter who they chose to represent it. Mitt is the perfect example. Probably the worst candidate I could have imagined them putting up. Big gov guy, gun grabber, flip flopper, liar, etc etc. The huge majority will vote the way they are told to by their letter..

WalkingWolf

I know an awful lot about your principles, by reading what you write. Observant, rational people know a lot about the principles of candidates by reading what they write, listening to what they say, and observing their actions. These people also know there isn't an ounce of actual liberty-loving, or even conservative, principle in Mitt Romney.

The Internet may be semi-anonymous, but what you say is still said, and I can still take the measure of you as a person, whoever you might be.

Now you're acknowledging that anarchists represent a small subset of self-identified libertarians. So what are you on about?

libertarian != Libertarian. Many self-identified libertarians are members of the Libertarian Party. Many self-identified libertarians are members of the Republican or Democratic Parties. Then there are a hell of a lot of self-identified libertarians who don't saddle themselves with any party affiliation. That you still can't fathom the distinction between libertarian and Libertarian is yet further demonstration of your willing subservience to Party over Principle.

When it boils down to it, whether you like it or not, the choice is between Obama and Romney. Get over it. Even Johnson knows that acting like A$$es is not going to get votes, yet the same small but very vocal crowd runs around in futility trying to insult anybody that might vote for Johnson, an exercise in pure ignorance. I am about common sense, and the constitution, and conservative. There are things that make sense with all three parties, and things that do not. I do know that throwing **** in peoples faces does not get results, common sense. The misconceptions of Libertarians is mostly the libertarians fault, they are the ones that either clap their hands, mildly participate, and make excuses for the anarchists hiding in their party. I know it is not my problem to deal with.

Sticks and stones will break bones but name calling will not win an election or a primary.

twoskinsonemanns

You can't make a difference! The odds are against you! We have to accept things the way they are!

Thank god there were people throughout history who had the courage to stand up against long odds, instead of wallowing in your type of conformist, defeatism.

You want to know how to stop Obamney in January? Courageous men and women who are willing to stand up for freedom against a system that.....is.....wrong.

WalkingWolf

You can't make a difference! The odds are against you! We have to accept things the way they are!

Thank god there were people throughout history who had the courage to stand up against long odds, instead of wallowing in your type of conformist, defeatism.

You want to know how to stop Obamney in January? Courageous men and women who are willing to stand up for freedom against a system that.....is.....wrong.

So how are you going to make a difference? How are you going to stop Romney or Obama in January? Tell us your plans? How will you stand up for freedom?

WalkingWolf

You actually enjoy your chains, don't you?

Ohhh yea that really makes me feel like I should vote for Johnson. More insults is just pathetic, and it does not work. This is the problem that people have with libertarians. Instead of talking issues make lame talking points peppered with insults.

twoskinsonemanns

Ohhh yea that really makes me feel like I should vote for Johnson.

Why are you looking to georg to make you "feel" like you should vote one way or the other?

And why do you continue to ask the same questions of how we will overcome the odds?

People of courage will vote above the influence of a bullying, corrupt system. The threat of "throwing your vote away" means nothing to the man who stands up against the voices of corruption. People of courage will vote the way their conscience tells them is right, not be swayed by small men toting their pathetic political influence.

How will I stand up for freedom? Bucking the system that has the cowardly convinced they have to vote the way they are told or they are not significant... Ha Ha Ha! My morals would never allow me to put into office an honorless man like Obamney.

Last edited:

georg jetson

Ohhh yea that really makes me feel like I should vote for Johnson. More insults is just pathetic, and it does not work. This is the problem that people have with libertarians. Instead of talking issues make lame talking points peppered with insults.

That wasn't meant to be an insult... it's obviously not an insult. It's a response to your apparent enthusiasm for supporting a candidate that you admit isn't a good candidate. I believe you insult yourself.

I don't necessary think that "genuine" people have a problem with libertarians. However, I'm sure you don't mean that you're trying to argue on issues relevant to the job of the President between Gov. Johnson and Gov. Romney. You admit there's no need. Gov. Johnson is clearly the better choice. The only issue to discuss(and is being discussed in many threads) is whether one understands the importance of not voting for an "establishment" candidate. It appears to me that you've resigned yourself to doing it anyway. That's fine. That is why I say "you enjoy your chains".

WalkingWolf

That wasn't meant to be an insult... it's obviously not an insult. It's a response to your apparent enthusiasm for supporting a candidate that you admit isn't a good candidate. I believe you insult yourself.

I don't necessary think that "genuine" people have a problem with libertarians. However, I'm sure you don't mean that you're trying to argue on issues relevant to the job of the President between Gov. Johnson and Gov. Romney. You admit there's no need. Gov. Johnson is clearly the better choice. The only issue to discuss(and is being discussed in many threads) is whether one understands the importance of not voting for an "establishment" candidate. It appears to me that you've resigned yourself to doing it anyway. That's fine. That is why I say "you enjoy your chains".

See there is part of the problem, it was a insult, maybe not the most outward but it has nothing to do with the issues. Why does not any libertarian not discuss Johnson. So far it appears that not only do some not know their candidate, plus a lack of knowledge of their own platform. I have no idea if Johnson is the better choice, for starters he is a republican running on the libertarian ticket. Telling people to enjoy their chains is absolutely ********. Why should I support hooligans, time after time it is the same thing, insults instead making a case for Johnson. We have had months of the continual "you're stupid", you're a idiot", and even one you're gay. But not one time any libertarian discussing their candidate, only insults of other candidates. How do we know that Johnson is not another Obama? Just one step up to the plate and make a sound sane case for the party, platform, and candidate. So far I was the only member to post the interview of Johnson with Stewart, why is that? That interview is not a new one, it has been around for a while. Can anybody point me to a thread here where that interview was posted by a Libertarian?

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
[video=youtube;7QDv4sYwjO0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QDv4sYwjO0[/video]

Hurry before they form a government and rules and laws.

WalkingWolf takes a crack at anarchists by posting a video poking fun at libertarians.

The%2B_0a6e3bd1f9d88e169795acdf58dd97ee.jpg

()pen(arry

Why does not any libertarian not discuss Johnson. So far it appears that not only do some not know their candidate, plus a lack of knowledge of their own platform.

You continue to demonstrate the inadequacy of your understanding. You are focused on people who have picked a team. I pick no team. I vote on principle. You vote for the prom king. Good luck with that.

twoskinsonemanns

Why should I support hooligans, time after time it is the same thing

Pretty much sums up the current two party system.

If you really want to know why Johnson is the better choice just look at his record as gov. He believes like I do that more government, more laws, more regulation is not the answer. He vetoed like half of all legislation in his fix 6 moths (a notional record). He also knows business. He started a company where he was the only employee and turned it a big company with over 1000 employees.

I suspect you already know these things your just looking to troll against those who would buck the system. Sorry but the man your "brand" has put up is pathetic when it comes to politics. He is business savy, though his business style wasn't exactly the building up sort, but his governing and political wishy-washy games are sad.

hjmoosejaw

A Wisconsin Anarchist Reacts to Walker Recall Win

[video=youtube;yJwIAlx5R0s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJwIAlx5R0s[/video]

Wow, I didn't realize all we had to do was channel our rage into positive,beautiful, poetic, amazing energy. Who da thunk it? God could you imagine sitting around listening to that for any amount of time? I can't figure out why somebody hasn't snatched her up and put a wedding ring on that. I know women that couldn't listen to that without telling her to shut the hell up.