• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ground Zero Mosque

Tawnos

As in the usa, they have other options....afganastan, iraq, yemen, iran, somilia. They can even practice shitria law there.

Mind if I ask your religion? Perhaps I should take a guess - Christian? How would you like if someone said you shouldn't be allowed to build a YMCA near where there used to be an abortion clinic that some radical Christian blew up? If any time someone wanted to erect a church there were an uproar of people opposing it because they thought the "god" described in the bible was, frankly, a dick?

That cool with you?

texasrancher

Mind if I ask your religion? Perhaps I should take a guess - Christian? How would you like if someone said you shouldn't be allowed to build a YMCA near where there used to be an abortion clinic that some radical Christian blew up? If any time someone wanted to erect a church there were an uproar of people opposing it because they thought the "god" described in the bible was, frankly, a dick?

That cool with you?

No religion, **********************************************************.

Last edited:

1245A Defender

Who are you??!!

COMMENT REMOVED SHORTLY BEFORE I BANNED TEXASRANCHER

you have made 8 posts, in your first two hours on this forum!!
i have read all of them, you have NOTHING of value to contribute!
now you come up with this gem..
you have not earned any credibility yet, i think you never will.
you will be banned... you will not be missed!!

texasrancher

you have made 8 posts, in your first two hours on this forum!!
i have read all of them, you have NOTHING of value to contribute!
now you come up with this gem..
you have not earned any credibility yet, i think you never will.
you will be banned... you will not be missed!!

I am YOUR god.
Actually who are you? From that picture your either a wallrus or some drunk ass libtard hippie.

Last edited:

texasrancher

No one is saying they should be denied Liberty. This is a strawman.

1. The imam should listen to public opinion and exercise his Liberty not to build at Ground Zero.

/QUOTE]
What. The. ****. Man.

I think you might be the most retarded troll I've ever met. I can't believe I waited this long to put you on my ignore list.

Yes eye 95 is a troll (bigger 1 then me) better yet he is a ape with a carrot in his mouth.
moving on
welcome to ignore land
blah blah blah

eye95

Actually, John detected him and banned him so fast on his previous visit that not many people even knew he was here. I'd say it was less than 2 hours.

When you notice he is back, report his post and put him on ignore. He'll be gone before you know it.

gsx1138

Impressive moderating.

I'm so conflicted on this issue. I often tell people that you don't get to pick and choose what parts of the Constitution you think should be followed. I use it as an argument for the anti-crowd and those who think that Liberty means conforming to social norms whether they are constitutional or not.

This is an excellent learning experience for me. I have to look in the mirror because I don't agree with the mosque being built there but the other side of me realizes that what I like or don't like should have no bearing on the individual liberties of someone else.

PT111

Legally and according to the Constitution of the US there is no reason that it cannot be built. I think it is in bad taste and they should not do it but there are no legal grounds to deny them the same rights as any other American.

eye95

There are no legal grounds for NY to fast-track this mosque.

Try, as an ordinary citizen, to demolish an historical structure and see how long it takes and whether you are successful. Good luck.

Try to rebuild a church destroyed by Islamic terrorists on 9/11 and see how long it takes and whether you are successful. Good Luck.

Try, as an Imam, to demolish an historical structure to build a new structure that insults the memories of the victims of an historical attack and see how long it takes and whether you are successful. Oh, wait...you will be successful, and at remarkable speed.

texasrancher

There are no legal grounds for NY to fast-track this mosque.

Try, as an ordinary citizen, to demolish an historical structure and see how long it takes and whether you are successful. Good luck.

Try to rebuild a church destroyed by Islamic terrorists on 9/11 and see how long it takes and whether you are successful. Good Luck.

Try, as an Imam, to demolish an historical structure to build a new structure that insults the memories of the victims of an historical attack and see how long it takes and whether you are successful. Oh, wait...you will be successful, and at remarkable speed.

The terrorists(muslims) have won.

19Daniel91

The obvious reason folks oppose it is because the thought it may actually be a flag in the ground to the radical Islamic extremists who want all infidels (Non-Muslims; Jews, Christians, Atheists, etc) dead. And seeing Islam is almost 25% of the world population, it makes people wonder how many extremists there are?

Don't want to step on anyone's toes here--I know a Muslim guy who comes out to work and does intense mechanical work on huge printing machines. This Muslim also was a United States Marine for many years. I'm a Christian, he's a Muslim, and we get along just fine. Just wanted to clear that up for the politically correct people who are screaming at the top of their lungs right now, "RACIST BIGOT!"

P.S. It's a religion.

What ticks me off though is diners at a senior citizens center in Georgia can't publicly say grace over a federally-subsidized meal as the Left says that amounts to a government endorsement of religion. But the President can make a pronouncement defining Islamic theology at a Ramadan dinner in the White House, and that's not a government endorsement of religion?

And now the government seems to be embracing the mosque like it's the best thing since the idea of income taxes. It appears to me our government is embracing Islam too much while trying to shut down Christianity. I would prefer we all, Atheists, Muslims, Hindus, Christians, Jews, etc, were treated equally as Americans but apparently the Obamanation doesn't think so.

Last edited:

Tawnos

Legally and according to the Constitution of the US there is no reason that it cannot be built. I think it is in bad taste and they should not do it but there are no legal grounds to deny them the same rights as any other American.

Why is it in bad taste? Where could it possibly be built that it wouldn't be in bad taste? Why is that place okay but not where they're currently looking?

eye95

Why is it in bad taste? Where could it possibly be built that it wouldn't be in bad taste? Why is that place okay but not where they're currently looking?

Mecca.

Seriously:

Out of the shadow of the death wrought in their religion's name.

KBCraig

Don't attack the messenger (yet) -- Jon Stewart did a brilliant take on the mosque issue. He summed it all up with an apology to the NRA, and played video of Charlton Heston saying we must not demand that others give up their rights, just because someone else committed a horrible act.

Heston was speaking of Columbine, of course, and responding to the lefty hand-wringing about the NRA convention in Denver not long after that. It's a great analogy: those "patriotic Americans" who object to this mosque are little different from Sarah Brady.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/thu-august-19-2010/extremist-makeover---homeland-edition