• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Weaponcraft

Maine CWP Training

whole9ards ~ That is Waterford Fish & Game so please correct your comments.

Our course evaluations rate the highest in the state of Maine at Maine CWP Training. www.MaineCWPtraining.com

We conduct most range exercises at Western Maine Fish & Game in Harrison and classes at Cabela's & Crystal Lake Spa typically. Many towns have invited us to their communities to conduct classes for their recreation departments...

Paul J. Mattson
NRA Recruiter/Certified Instructor/RSO
Maine CWP Training
101 Main St.
Harrison, ME 04040

(207) 583-4723
CELL 232-7063

Last edited:

Maine CWP Training

They (NRA instructors) correct you if you call it a weapon, the NRA believes it should be called a firearm, NOT a weapon.
A weapon is a tool used to apply force for the purpose of causing harm or damage to persons, animals or structures.

Would you call a chair, hammer, baseball bat, stick, rope a weapon?

whole9yards

whole9ards ~ That is Waterford Fish & Game so please correct your comments.

Our course evaluations rate the highest in the state of Maine at Maine CWP Training. www.MaineCWPtraining.com

We conduct most range exercises at Western Maine Fish & Game in Harrison and classes at Cabela's & Crystal Lake Spa typically. Many towns have invited us to their communities to conduct classes for their recreation departments...

Paul J. Mattson
NRA Recruiter/Certified Instructor/RSO
Maine CWP Training
101 Main St.
Harrison, ME 04040

(207) 583-4723
CELL 232-7063

CORRECTION: The NRA Basic Pistol Course referred to was at Waterford Fish and Game, NOT Western Maine Fish and Game. Personal Protection in the Home was in Yarmouth as stated. Both were still NRA curriculum.

I'm sure you are a fine instructor. The comments (reiterated now for the second time) were not about personal attacks on you or any instructor. Anyone who gives their time to teach others is to be commended. Then again this thread didn't start out about you, but you seem to be trying very hard to steer it back to CWP at any opportunity. Maybe you should check out Weaponcraft too, then your comments could be on point.

Who tracks all of the course evaluations in the state? There must be someone if you can claim yours are the highest...:eek:

Maine CWP Training

Every client is given a 23 question Course Evaluation. 99%+ we score 5 on a scale of 1~5. We use these to gauge our performance and target areas for improvement.

Not sure how there could be a higher rating. We retain all evaluations and share only with our hosts and instructors. All are dated and unsigned to ensure clients feel free to give their candid opinion.

ep0k

To clarify:

Weaponcraft is not a sponsor and is not supporting MOCA financially. Actually, no one is, except for me and Shane. We could post the account statement to prove this if anyone wanted to press the issue.

At this time we are recommending them because we feel that they are offering the training and services which are most in line with our ideology and mission as an organization.

Deuce1911

I am not familiar with them, but a quick view of their website and they state that they have no live fire in their CCW class. So in my opinion, I would give Weaponcraft the nod.

CCW Class
Length : 6 hours
Cost : $75
Ammunition needed: approximately 150 rounds (bring more if you want to shoot more)

This class will provide the student with the required training necessary to apply for your State of Maine CCW permit. The first part of class will expose the student to the rules of firearms safety, Maine CCW laws, use of force and methods of carrying.

Students will then proceed to the range where dry and live fire drills will be completed. Basic firearms manipulations skills will be demonstrated and practiced. The student will draw and shoot from concealment.

Class Requirements:
Pen and paper
Proper clothing, including rain gear, sun block, etc
Hearing and eye protection (MANDATORY)
Handgun with minimum of 2 magazines
Quality concealable holster
Cover garment (to hide your handgun and holster)
Water and a bag lunch (we do not leave the range)

** We will provide you will the necessary paperwork that you will need to attach to your permit application in order to show you’ve met the required level of training. **

Their next available class will be no live fire due to some current infighting at the range they use. I have been assured the above curriculum will be reinstated once the problem has been resolved. I was simply pointing out a closer option for those not up your way. And cheaper i might add. I'm sorry but 175 bucks for a Basic/Conceal carry course? just seems alittle steep to me when compared to other options.

http://www.weaponcrafttraining.com/wc_classes_detail.aspx?ID=1

Last edited:

Jeff_JMB

Not sure how there could be a higher rating. We retain all evaluations and share only with our hosts and instructors. All are dated and unsigned to ensure clients feel free to give their candid opinion.

I took a look at your website but couldn't find anything to tell me about your certifications and professional experience. If you wouldn't mind sharing that, it might help folks understand what level of training to expect if they sign up for a class.

bullyforyou

sounds like you guys had a good time - everyone serious about carrying a firearm should get some actual training.

while i personally have no vested interest in weaponcraft, i HAVE taken a LOT of classes with them, as well as with a few other places. they put on solid classes, in a safe but laid-back atmosphere; i've always enjoyed them. i was in the first group to take their close quarters concealed carry class (if that's what they are still calling it). as much as i like to pretend i'm high-speed low-drag, and get all kitted out to bust doors in the latest-and-greatest "tactical" rifle class, running drills with everyday carry gear simulating being mugged while carrying groceries or pushing your kid around in a stroller was refreshing. how many folks have actually considered if they can even draw their holstered weapon, while wearing a jacket, while sitting, and seat-belted into your car...?

anyhow, yeah, i've been a pretty happy customer too.

ETA: let me state one quick thing about weaponcraft's HG01 class - there is a LOT more shooting than your typical CCW class. i've taken several to meet requirements in other states i've lived, and you usually end up sitting in a classroom all day and shoot a handfull of rounds at the end. the weaponcraft guys did a good job of covering all the relevant information in a clear and concise manner, while also getting everyone their fill on the range.

Last edited: