• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wow!

pooley

I was reading Section 411, Government Code today to learn a little more about CHL & realized I should have only paid 50% for the application & renewal fees! Honorably discharged from the military more than a year ago get 50% off, less than a year ago the fee is waived. Looks like I'll have to dig out a copy of my discharge papers next year.

MR Redenck

I was reading Section 411, Government Code today to learn a little more about CHL & realized I should have only paid 50% for the application & renewal fees! Honorably discharged from the military more than a year ago get 50% off, less than a year ago the fee is waived. Looks like I'll have to dig out a copy of my discharge papers next year.

BS! Dig it out now and make them give you half your money back! They should explain that to you when paying the State of Texas for that Tax to carry.
Actually im doing that right now for a WWII veteran friend. He paid his 2 years ago and I will get him half his money back even if I have to sue the bastards.

pooley

BS! Dig it out now and make them give you half your money back! They should explain that to you when paying the State of Texas for that Tax to carry.
Actually im doing that right now for a WWII veteran friend. He paid his 2 years ago and I will get him half his money back even if I have to sue the bastards.

Well the money doesn't mean much to me but it's the principle of the thing. I'm pretty sure I would have noticed if the handbook had said that when I first applied for CHL. It's just the fact you have to actually go and read the code to find out about it that irks me.

OldCurlyWolf

Well the money doesn't mean much to me but it's the principle of the thing. I'm pretty sure I would have noticed if the handbook had said that when I first applied for CHL. It's just the fact you have to actually go and read the code to find out about it that irks me.

Actually you should read the code instead of the handbook. They make mistakes in the handbook that get by the editing process.

CliffH

I found the same after paying full price. Four months after the original payment I sent them a copy of my DD214, 3 weeks later I had a check.

pooley

Nice. You actually got a refund faster than your license?? It almost inspires one to have faith in the system again. Almost...