• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Newbie question - what is our purpose here?

suntzu

This is what I mean by the Concealed Carry Instructor Industry (C2I2) and the financial gain that is made by some in supporting the turning of a right into a priveledge. The NRA and their instructor certification program are the biggest C2I2 beneficiaries. They often work to include NRA certified instructor training as one of the requirements for the priveledge of CC. It is indeed an incestuous relationship.

Which is one reason among many why I am not now, nor have I ever been a member of the NRA.

What I learned in my state sponsored privilege course I had already learned from my parents, and from lots and lots of reading.

We should be a free state--but until the people of Tennessee wake up and start working their legislators often, it will not happen. Sadly, the majority in TN seem content with their pretty privilege and hold it as some form of sacred cow that should never be messed with.

It is a shame, it really is-because TN could be as gun friendly as AZ and AK if the people would only wake up and work for it.

suntzu

My constitutional challenge to the law will be transfered from Williamson County Chancery Court to Davidson County next week and the AG asked for 15 additional days to work on his answer to my complaint.

Are they hoping that you will just give in and fade away? It would seem to me they have had plenty of time to answer your complaint....

kwikrnu

Banned
Are they hoping that you will just give in and fade away? It would seem to me they have had plenty of time to answer your complaint....

They've only had about a month since I filed my writ of mandamus in chancery court. I spoke with the attorney working my case today. He called me from the office, working. They must be backed up to be working on 4th of July weekends. I should have filed it in Davidson County to start with, but I didn't know until I had already filed it in Williamson County.

Here is what I asked for in my suit I filed on May 25, 2010:

1. Hearing for Writ of Mandamus, and or injunctive relief be had on these matters.
2. An order declaring Tennessee law restricting open carry of handguns to those only meeting the standards of TCA 39-17-1351 void as unconstitutional.
3. An order declaring TCA 39-17-1352(a)(3) void as being vague.
4. An order permanently enjoining the respondents, their officers, agents, servants, employees, and all persons in active concert or participation with them from enforcing Tennessee State Law TCA 39-17-1307(a) through 39-17-1307(b), barring the loaded carry of a firearm by those who are not criminals.
5. An order permanently enjoining the respondents, their officers, agents, servants, employees, and all persons in active concert or participation with them from enforcing Tennessee State Law TCA 39-17-1352(a)(3) upon those who have not been charged with a crime, convicted of a crime, or adjudicated mentally deficient.
6. An order declaring Leonard Embody immediately be reinstated as a valid permit holder and receive both handgun carry permits which were turned in to the Tennessee Department of Safety.
7. An order that the Tennessee Department of Safety administrative court hearing on whether Leonard Embody is a “material likelihood of risk to the public be postponed until one month after the ruling of this court or in the alternative be dismissed and handgun permits returned.
8. Attorney fees and costs pursuant to TCA 39-17-1358(c)
9. Declaratory relief consistent with the injunction.
10. Costs of suit

suntzu

They've only had about a month since I filed my writ of mandamus in chancery court. I spoke with the attorney working my case today. He called me from the office, working. They must be backed up to be working on 4th of July weekends. I should have filed it in Davidson County to start with, but I didn't know until I had already filed it in Williamson County.

Here is what I asked for in my suit I filed on May 25, 2010:

1. Hearing for Writ of Mandamus, and or injunctive relief be had on these matters.
2. An order declaring Tennessee law restricting open carry of handguns to those only meeting the standards of TCA 39-17-1351 void as unconstitutional.
3. An order declaring TCA 39-17-1352(a)(3) void as being vague.
4. An order permanently enjoining the respondents, their officers, agents, servants, employees, and all persons in active concert or participation with them from enforcing Tennessee State Law TCA 39-17-1307(a) through 39-17-1307(b), barring the loaded carry of a firearm by those who are not criminals.
5. An order permanently enjoining the respondents, their officers, agents, servants, employees, and all persons in active concert or participation with them from enforcing Tennessee State Law TCA 39-17-1352(a)(3) upon those who have not been charged with a crime, convicted of a crime, or adjudicated mentally deficient.
6. An order declaring Leonard Embody immediately be reinstated as a valid permit holder and receive both handgun carry permits which were turned in to the Tennessee Department of Safety.
7. An order that the Tennessee Department of Safety administrative court hearing on whether Leonard Embody is a “material likelihood of risk to the public be postponed until one month after the ruling of this court or in the alternative be dismissed and handgun permits returned.
8. Attorney fees and costs pursuant to TCA 39-17-1358(c)
9. Declaratory relief consistent with the injunction.
10. Costs of suit

If they are enjoined from enforcing 39-17-1307(a) through 39-17-1307(b) what it essentially gives us is a free state--until of course this miserable money hungry legislature we have changes the law and it goes back to being a non-free privilege only state.

unless I read it wrong of course.

Here is to hoping that you win kwik.

kwikrnu

Banned
If they are enjoined from enforcing 39-17-1307(a) through 39-17-1307(b) what it essentially gives us is a free state--until of course this miserable money hungry legislature we have changes the law and it goes back to being a non-free privilege only state.

unless I read it wrong of course.

Here is to hoping that you win kwik.

My post a couple up may have been unclear. Just so there is no confusion I am pro se. The attorney I refered to was the one working the case in the office of the attorney general.

I hope I win, but I doubt I will with everything I ask and it will most certainly be appealed.

RussP

My post a couple up may have been unclear. Just so there is no confusion I am pro se. The attorney I refered to was the one working the case in the office of the attorney general.

I hope I win, but I doubt I will with everything I ask and it will most certainly be appealed.
What happened to your friend, the attorney you mentioned in other thread(s)?

suntzu

He doesn't nor has he ever had an attorney. None will touch him or his actions. This is no secret.

The only question a lawyer should care about is whether or not what he did was legal--if it was legal, then they should be willing to take it...

they won't of course, because none of them that I have ever had any dealings with have had the wherewithal to go against established order.

Again--some things are regarded as a sacred cow in this state.

kwikrnu

Banned
The only question a lawyer should care about is whether or not what he did was legal--if it was legal, then they should be willing to take it...

they won't of course, because none of them that I have ever had any dealings with have had the wherewithal to go against established order.

Again--some things are regarded as a sacred cow in this state.

Lawyers take cases like mine daily. Why should i pay a lawyer $10k to do a job I can do myself? I researched and handled the petition to the general sessions judge a couple of weeks ago. I won and the judge even went so far as to offer me an apology.

I have three suits pending:
1. Chancery Court writ of mandamus in Williamson County.
2. Appeal to reinstate handgun carry permit.
3. Federal 1983 suit against park ranger.

Soon to be filed:
1. Federal 1983 suit against the belle meade police.
2. Lawsuit against guns for america for breach of contract.
3. Lawsuit against jadon and grassroots for defamation (as soon as I can find out their contact info).

RussP

Lawyers take cases like mine daily. Why should i pay a lawyer $10k to do a job I can do myself?
Good for you...

I'm glad you brought this up again...
I researched and handled the petition to the general sessions judge a couple of weeks ago. I won and the judge even went so far as to offer me an apology.
The reason the judge apologized is that he denied your petition the first time believing he had discretion to do so, right?

What reason did he give you for denying your petition?

What was his basis for denying your petition?

What words did he use when he justified denying your petition?

Thanks...

RussP

RussP

I'm glad you brought this up again...The reason the judge apologized is that he denied your petition the first time believing he had discretion to do so, right?

What reason did he give you for denying your petition?

What was his basis for denying your petition?

What words did he use when he justified denying your petition?

Thanks...
Forgot to ask this, Leonard. Did this Judge review the underlying facts when he first denied your petition? Isn't he the 2nd Judge to question, or want to question the original Judge's decision?

Here's your post about the first Judge who wanted to get back into the ex-parte order... http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...u-Drama&p=1268569&highlight=judge#post1268569
Judge denise Andre dismissed my civil suit against the onsite techs. Instead of hearing my case she thought it best to focus on the ex-parte order of protection which was dismissed with prejudice. I posted pictures of the programmer which according to the manual is for a camaro or a buick roadmaster. I posted pics of the vin locked status. I posted the vin # of the vehicle it is locked to. I posted that Jason Childress owned the vehicle it is locked to. Denise Andre ignored the evidence. Maybe it is because she is married to a cop. Maybe it is because she is new.
Two judges questioning that decision...

Last edited: