• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Stopped by the Wal Mart Greeter

HYRYSC

Dropping by South Campbell Wal Mart for a few items last night. As I walked in, the greeter (an older lady reminded me of my grandmother...at least for a few seconds) asked me if I was an officer or detective. I said, "No, just a law abiding citizen" to which she rolled her eyes and said, "well, I am going to call security because you have a gun." I asked her if the place was posted to which I received a glassy eyed stare as if I had just started speaking latin.

I told her that I would be shopping if they needed anything and started walking away. At first I thought she was going to try to physically stop me, but she stopped and just stood there and I heard her talk in her walkie talkie about a MWAG walking around.

The rest of my shopping experience was uneventful as it typically is.

usmcbess

Of all people I had an old crusty Marine who worked in produce at wal-mart ask me what I was doing. I would have thought he knew his rights.

heresyourdipstickjimmy

Dropping by South Campbell Wal Mart for a few items last night. As I walked in, the greeter (an older lady reminded me of my grandmother...at least for a few seconds) asked me if I was an officer or detective. I said, "No, just a law abiding citizen" to which she rolled her eyes and said, "well, I am going to call security because you have a gun." I asked her if the place was posted to which I received a glassy eyed stare as if I had just started speaking latin.

I told her that I would be shopping if they needed anything and started walking away. At first I thought she was going to try to physically stop me, but she stopped and just stood there and I heard her talk in her walkie talkie about a MWAG walking around.

The rest of my shopping experience was uneventful as it typically is.

I would have thought all the local stores would have had the word out after my run in with management in the W. Sunshine store several years ago over CCW in their store. Apparently they didn't like the idea of having 3 law enforcement entities and their corporate office involved and have left me alone since.

Although, I did get the "stupid stare" the other day when I OC'd in the W. Sunshine store. Went in through lawn and garden and was given the "stupid stare" of amazement as I walked in. Didn't find what we were looking for and left shortly thereafter. Funny that the folks at the gun counter know me well and never say a word and know too well that I'm always armed.

What's more interesting is a conversation I had with a former WM employee. I asked if he would have lost his job had an incident broke out and I told him to hand me a gun out of the cabinet and start grabbing ammo. He said at that point he wouldn't have cared and would have armed the both of us. Good answer!

Marc

I asked if he would have lost his job had an incident broke out and I told him to hand me a gun out of the cabinet and start grabbing ammo. He said at that point he wouldn't have cared and would have armed the both of us. Good answer!

Thats a very good answer and I would have to say I'd prefer to be at his gun counter if something happened rather than one at my local Walmarts

Big Boy

However, I believe managers are the only ones with keys to the gun cabinet...

I've heard several "manager to sporting goods for a gun sale" calls.Maybe I'm wrong though.