• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ask your representative to cosponsor SB-93 in its latest form

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
We need to get our Senators AND representatives mobilized to get this bill passed. Call, write, or visit them in Madison and stress that this bill must pass without further delay to help protect our law-abiding citizens from any more criminal violence. We need to amp up the pressure and push this legislation over the top.

I just wrote to Representative Amy Loudenbeck:
Dave – thank you so much for writing to me and for your support in the November General Election.

As you probably know, I was endorsed by the NRA and I will work to protect our 2nd amendment right to bear arms.

Thank you for your specific input on the changes you would like to see and also for the helpful information regarding what other states are doing.

Sincerely,
Amy Loudenbeck
Representing Wisconsin's 45th Assembly District
(608) 266-9967
rep.loudenbeck@legis.wi.gov

Dear Representative Loudenbeck,
By now you are aware of the prospective Concealed Carry bills being worked on by your fellow Republicans in both houses. The NRA has come out in support of Constitutional Carry. At the hearings for these bills, a consensus developed that we need a two-tiered system in Wisconsin.

The most simple option would be for law-abiding citizens to be able to carry only in Wisconsin without any licensing, permits, or required training, just as Open Carry works right now in our state. The second option would be for citizens who wish to carry in other states which offer a reciprocal agreement. That option would require a permit and minimal training at a reasonable cost.

These features are now incorporated in SB-93 with the addition of a recent amendment by Senator Galloway. I'm asking you to sign on as a cosponsor of this bill. Representatives Mursau, Kleefisch, August, Farrow, Kapenga, Kerkman, Kestell, Knilans, Knudson, Kooyenga, Kramer, Krug, Kuglitsch, T. Larson, LeMahieu, Murtha, Nass, Rivard, Severson, Strachota, Tauchen, Thiesfeldt and Wynn have already done so.

Let's please get this important bill enacted without further delay to help protect the law-abiding citizens of Wisconsin from criminal violence.

Thank you for your attention in this matter.

wild boar

SB93,CC in any form.

A well written mailing. The malice that has shadowed this CC attempt in Wisconsin has grown to be quite wearisome. It would seem that everyone has done a fine job bringing a bill to the floor that will pass. We do need to thank everyone in Madison who worked so hard in these times of greater importance to see this through. Your Friend In Freedom, Dennis Hamm.

davegran

I'm glad you've all got my back!

I guess I was a little premature with my "Approve this bill" plea. I'm glad you people can make more sense out of this gobbledygook than I can. I fell for the bone they tossed us and you didn't. I'm glad you've all got my back! :banana:

davegran

It needs a little fine tuning

A well written mailing. The malice that has shadowed this CC attempt in Wisconsin has grown to be quite wearisome. It would seem that everyone has done a fine job bringing a bill to the floor that will pass. We do need to thank everyone in Madison who worked so hard in these times of greater importance to see this through. Your Friend In Freedom, Dennis Hamm.
Thanks, Dennis! The bill is very close to being the best in the country; it just needs a little fine tuning to please most 2A/RKBA supporters. I hope we can meet face-to-face one of these days.

I'm even going to try making nice with my Senator, Tim Cullen, and see if that gets beyond past malice toward him from various people.