• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

July 4th

TheQ

"technical reasons"? The computers were not working at the courthouse?

She ruled Mr. Watkins had no way of knowing the MSU pavilion was a Sports Arena and therefore he couldn't be responsible for violating 28.428o, as he was charged. As far the idea of OC in a PFZ, she wrote:

“Mr. Watkins contends that the combination of these laws [750.234d and 28.425o and 28.425c(2)(a)] creates an exemption for all CPL holders from the prohibition on the open possession of firearms in so-called 'pistol-free zones.' However, this interpretation creates an absurd result where people could openly carry a shotgun down the hallway of an elementary school or into a packed stadium of over 70,000 people if they had a CPL. While the statutes seem to contradict each other, this court agrees with the trial court's interpretation that guns cannot be openly carried in a sports arena, even if the person has a CPL."

People v Watkins, Docket No. 10-951-AR, 30th Circuit Court, Ingham Co., April 15, 2011

FreeInAZ

@Q - how are her (judge "A's" ) re-election chances looking? I can only hope crappy.... :D

Last edited:

TheQ

@Q - how are her (judge "A's" ) re-election chances look? I can only hope crappy.... :D

Sadly, I've not yet heard of any serious contenders. More on that later this summer as the race develops. FWIW, I've tried and failed to recruit Steve Dulan (who lives in the district).

FreeInAZ

Holy flying blue monkey bat crap! She will get to fly her broom around the court room for another term! Oh the humanity! This judge has done everything she can to flush gun rights (civil rights) down the toilet! Someone must stand up to her and toss a bucket of water her way. ;)
www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7GJcKuVGm8

Last edited:

TheQ

Holy flying blue monkey bat crap! She will get to fly her broom around the court room for another term! Oh the humanity! This judge has done everything she can to flush gun rights (civil rights) down the toilet! Someone must stand up to her and toss a bucket of water her way. ;)
www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7GJcKuVGm8

Now, now...she did stand up for 4A and 5A in CADL v MOC...

FreeInAZ

It's called holding up a treat to distract from the knife plunging towards your throat...given enough time this chick will cut as many of ours as she can...:(

ShieldOp

Thanks for all the extra links and on the advice ill read through more and see what i can find. I am gone try to knock out my cpl, some time soon since im leaning more towards conceal then Oc.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
That's too bad. I hope you'll read this article and reconsider....
And this.

Open carry is more than open carry
Brian G. Jeffs, 1st President, MOC, Inc.
It’s true that open carry has many advantages: a faster draw, a larger caliber handgun and greater round capacity; sure it’s been shown to deter crime, and it is immensely more comfortable to carry in warm weather, but it is much more than that. Open carry brings gun ownership out of the closet. It shows your friends and neighbors, your state and your country that you are not afraid of taking on the responsibility of protecting yourself and the ones you love from evil. Open carry is a visible expression of our natural right to self preservation. Open carry makes a statement that we are not afraid to stand up to the “politically correct” ideology that has created a nanny state, where the government is there to help us if we just do as they say, and a pox on anyone that disagrees. Open carry can lead us out of this stupor and deliver us once again to the days when a man could stand tall and be proud of his community, his state, and his country. When you open carry you are saying to the world, I’m my own man, I’m able and willing to defend myself, my family, and if need be my community, my state, and my country. It also states that I’m willing to stand up and speak truth to authority. It’s shameful that we as law abiding citizens must stand up to authority, the very authority that we have empowered, when questioned about our lawful right to openly carry a firearm. But stand up we must. The open carry of a firearm speaks volumes and it’s says much more than just open carry.

FreeInAZ

And this.

Open carry is more than open carry
Brian G. Jeffs, 1st President, MOC, Inc.
It’s true that open carry has many advantages: a faster draw, a larger caliber handgun and greater round capacity; sure it’s been shown to deter crime, and it is immensely more comfortable to carry in warm weather, but it is much more than that. Open carry brings gun ownership out of the closet. It shows your friends and neighbors, your state and your country that you are not afraid of taking on the responsibility of protecting yourself and the ones you love from evil. Open carry is a visible expression of our natural right to self preservation. Open carry makes a statement that we are not afraid to stand up to the “politically correct” ideology that has created a nanny state, where the government is there to help us if we just do as they say, and a pox on anyone that disagrees. Open carry can lead us out of this stupor and deliver us once again to the days when a man could stand tall and be proud of his community, his state, and his country. When you open carry you are saying to the world, I’m my own man, I’m able and willing to defend myself, my family, and if need be my community, my state, and my country. It also states that I’m willing to stand up and speak truth to authority. It’s shameful that we as law abiding citizens must stand up to authority, the very authority that we have empowered, when questioned about our lawful right to openly carry a firearm. But stand up we must. The open carry of a firearm speaks volumes and it’s says much more than just open carry.

Quoted for truth! + to infinity!

@OP - while it can be scary to open carry at first, it gets easier each day one does so. The peace of mind that comes from knowing what it is you stand in defense of (see above) = $PRICELESS. :thumbup: